• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Wexahu

They actually hired Sonny 3 weeks ago and they’ve just been scheissing with our boards the whole time.
“Really dumb to get rid of your Hall of Fame Coach unless you know who you’re gonna replace him with. What a bunch of idiots who are in charge!”

also

“I guarantee you this search was just a charade and they didn’t even do a real search, had their guy picked out from the beginning. What a bunch of idiots who are in charge!”

Yeah, our fan base has some buffoons.

East Coast

Tier 1

Dixon was a home run. Lol.
He was for the alumni. After at least 3 tries CDC and the board finally landed him. It didn't matter that his seat was getting hot at Pitt. And it's really hard to argue that he wasn't the best we could do at the time. How it has actually worked out is another matter. If the team flames out this year it may be time to start thinking about another change.

Wexahu

He was for the alumni. After at least 3 tries CDC and the board finally landed him. It didn't matter that his seat was getting hot at Pitt. And it's really hard to argue that he wasn't the best we could do at the time. How it has actually worked out is another matter. If the team flames out this year it may be time to start thinking about another change.
He was a home run hire, at least how people want to define that. My point is that it really doesn’t mean much more than that, no doubt in my mind we could be much better off now had we hired someone else that wasn’t such a home run at the time. I can give you a list of countless home run hires that didn’t work, and ho hum hires that did.

Who really cares if Dykes is a home run or not, time will tell if he does well here. But he was a very solid candidate for this job from the start. And Napier may turn out to be just another flash in the pan overhyped guy, who the hell knows?

froginmn

Please don't tell me you want TCU to tell a potential hire that he will have to keep certain coaches.
Relax. I'm pointing out the irony of his comment about the coach needing entire autonomy with regard to his staff when that is a big part of the reason GMFP was fired.

PO Frog

Some people have completely unrealistic expectations. Urban Meyer was never gonna come here. Neither is any p5 head coach worth a darn.

I understand being skeptical but the outright bitching and moaning before Dykes has even coached a single snap here is ridiculous. Let’s see what staff he assembles and give him a few years at least.

I know that as soon as we lose our first game under him these same people will be ready to jump off a ledge.
If our new coach loses his first game against Western Dakota A&M or whoever it is, he should be fired.

Paint It Purple

A large portion of ALL fan bases, to be fair. It’s one of the rules of fandom, irrelationaliry and absurdity are expected.
Fans are fans. I question how non-football academics like Bochini, and a lawyer like Donati choose a winning head football coach? I understand LT and others are involved, but what are the chances they really have a clue what they're charged with doing?

vicarfrog

He was a home run hire, at least how people want to define that. My point is that it really doesn’t mean much more than that, no doubt in my mind we could be much better off now had we hired someone else that wasn’t such a home run at the time. I can give you a list of countless home run hires that didn’t work, and ho hum hires that did.

Who really cares if Dykes is a home run or not, time will tell if he does well here. But he was a very solid candidate for this job from the start. And Napier may turn out to be just another flash in the pan overhyped guy, who the hell knows?

Who knows. A phrase that nails this whole thing.

froginmn

Some on here seem to want a hire who will be PERCEIVED to be a home run.

Apparently so we can act like we're Texas. Down 21-10 at half btw.

Wexahu

Some on here seem to want a hire who will be PERCEIVED to be a home run.

Apparently so we can act like we're Texas. Down 21-10 at half btw.
That’s not what they seem to want, that IS what they want.

Buzz….hype….splash. It’s hugely important to some people.

Latest posts