• The KillerFrogs

Offensive Coordinator candidiates

FrogLifeYo

Why?

I’d rather have a college guy

Why??? Wes, you’ve seen some of the college coaches we’ve run thru here....I’m interested in a tactician. I want a PROVEN commodity. No more zero resume guys. Absolutely ludicrous to continue ton run guys thru this program who haven’t a lick of experience proving themselves. If their is thing about our program that screams we are still “small time” its the way we hire coaches...Its the one area GP hasn’t evolved in.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Why??? Wes, you’ve seen some of the college coaches we’ve run thru here....I’m interested in a tactician. I want a PROVEN commodity. No more zero resume guys. Absolutely ludicrous to continue ton run guys thru this program who haven’t a lick of experience proving themselves. If their is thing about our program that screams we are still “small time” its the way we hire coaches...Its the one area GP hasn’t evolved in.
Ok..fair enough but how many pro coaches have successfully made the transition from pro to college ball? I honestly don’t know the answer but I do remember LSU bringing in Cam Cameron and he was a high paid failure.

FrogLifeYo

Ok..fair enough but how many pro coaches have successfully made the transition from pro to college ball? I honestly don’t know the answer but I do remember LSU bringing in Cam Cameron and he was a high paid failure.
Pretty much every coach Saban has brought in, with the exception of Kiffin, has coached at the NFL level

4th. down

Could we ever get a NFL QB coach or Offensive Analysts to come here and run our offense?

I've thought about that but remember, the ego that's present on the staff would have a hard time with that - I'm referring to a offensive line coach and or defensive line coach or a corner or safety coach and why not a linebacker coach. Hire all of them, we have the bucks or if we don't make changes, the final 4 is a pipe dream. Start with the offensive and defensive lines first and foremost.

Are you watching the Bama/LSU game - many, many, not nfl draft choices, but 1st. round draft choices. We are very far removed from this type of environment.

Eight

If we can Cumbie, I want the new OC to bring in an entire new staff on the offense. Otherwise, it doesn’t matter.

this, which is why i don't believe the offensive problems will ever be truly fixed.

cumbie has been involved in the hiring of one coach on his offensive staff.

4th. down

this, which is why i don't believe the offensive problems will ever be truly fixed.

cumbie has been involved in the hiring of one coach on his offensive staff.

8, I don't believe Sonny will get the authority to do that but it would probably make a huge difference not only in production but recruiting. GP has his pals.

Eight

Disagree.

Head Coaches look at self preservation at some point.

i will believe patterson makes wholesale changes of the old guard when it happens and unfortunately that won't happen until gary retires

there have been too many chances for the offensive staff to be purged and instead the deck chairs simply got re-arranged.

think about it, gary moved anderson to oversee the offensive line, one of the if not the most technically difficult coaching positions on the staff instead of parting ways with him or making him an analyst

burns is over 60 so in theory he could retire, but why?

they have a quality young receiver quit because he can;t see game time, and continue to play two seniors as much for seniority as anything else

Eight

I've thought about that but remember, the ego that's present on the staff would have a hard time with that - I'm referring to a offensive line coach and or defensive line coach or a corner or safety coach and why not a linebacker coach. Hire all of them, we have the bucks or if we don't make changes, the final 4 is a pipe dream. Start with the offensive and defensive lines first and foremost.

Are you watching the Bama/LSU game - many, many, not nfl draft choices, but 1st. round draft choices. We are very far removed from this type of environment.

watching the linebackers in that game?

notice any taking steps the wrong way? not getting up through the hole to meet the ball carrier? not breaking down before they tackle?

texas_sicilian

Don’t like that Anderson’s bending Cumbie’s ear in the box upstairs.

Don’t like the performance of our receivers given the quality we have on the team.

Don’t like that Cumbie’s exclusively in the box upstairs and never with his players.

Last edited:

FrogLifeYo

8, I don't believe Sonny will get the authority to do that but it would probably make a huge difference not only in production but recruiting. GP has his pals.
I’ve been accused of being contrarian so why not continue the trend...
1. why do we think a guy who’s in game play calling is absolutely terrible would benefit from bringing in his own guys?
2. Why do we think that a guy with as thin a resume as Cumbies would even be able to assemble a staff of any merit?

I keep bringing this up week after week but Cumbie got this job with not one ounce of play calling experience..Let that soak in!! NONE...We are legit P5 football program with hopes of a Natty title and we turned the offense over to a QB coach who’s pedigree was helping Boykin and being likable by QB recruits.... Blows me away that people are shocked we are struggling offensively..

4th. down

I’ve been accused of being contrarian so why not continue the trend...
1. why do we think a guy who’s in game play calling is absolutely terrible would benefit from bringing in his own guys?
2. Why do we think that a guy with as thin a resume as Cumbies would even be able to assemble a staff of any merit?

I keep bringing this up week after week but Cumbie got this job with not one ounce of play calling experience..Let that soak in!! NONE...We are legit P5 football program with hopes of a Natty title and we turned the offense over to a QB coach who’s pedigree was helping Boykin and being likable by QB recruits.... Blows me away that people are shocked we are struggling offensively..

I'm not going to disagree with your thoughts, they are for real. However, we have to give GP a little credit here, he thinks Sonny has a great future. Why not let him hire his offensive staff? We know that '14, '15 and '17 don't roll around often but it did happen on his watch. The number 1 reason we are struggling is that we don't have an offensive line as follows:

Beginning of the 2nd. quarter, we are moving the chains and up comes a 4th. and 1 so we send Sewo between left tackle and guard and he missed his hole and it was there but we are stopped for no gain.

Running play to the left between left tackle and guard with Anderson on a 3rd. and 1 and our left tackle (won't mention his name) but he's a big'un at 6'8" and 330 lbs. but he cannot take out the defensive end who makes the tackle for no gain, again.

It's repetitive, over and over and over. Solve the offensive line problems and we look a lot different. Final thought, Nick Saban could not win with this personnel (coaches included).