• The KillerFrogs

O.K. So we fire Cumbie. Then what?

LawFrog504

Regarding the bolded part... I think one of the main issues right now is that Sonny likely is the guy that they have tabbed as GP’s successor.

Now, what happens when you tab an OC to take over the program when the HC retires, but it turns out his offense doesn’t produce? He’s got everything you want in a future HC, well except for the whole coordination of the offense thing.

It’s a tricky situation and I think it might be what prevents us from making drastic changes to the offensive coaching staff this offseason.

For the record, I am by no means convinced that Sonny is a good OC, but I am holding out the slightest bit of hope that maybe our offensive product has been more a result of inexperienced QB’s, terrible WR’s and mediocre OL play. I do think this offense can work with the right players in place, but then again, is that the kind of offense you want? One where everything has to be just right for it to work?
I meant the successor to Cumbie. But yes you are correct. I should've been more clear