• The KillerFrogs

NBC 5: Three TCU Students Beaten, Robbed

My Buddy Steve

OldSchoolFrog said:

That's because when we were at parties, and very large individuals that happen to fit the descriptions and assumptions showed up uninvited to the party.....

You took selfies [flash pics] and bought them drinks, as opposed to these knuckleheads. 
Exactly. And I'm wondering who is about to labeled the biggest idiot fraternity at TCU.

The one that lets sorority girls brand them OR the one that has the horrible bus ride sing alongs.

Or are we about to crown a new idiot champion

Reptilian

WestTXFrog said:
I'm pretty sure I have heard it was a sealed indictment, actually. I'm not a lawyer and I don't really know what that means, but some googling seems to indicate that may be why it wasn't put in the newspaper. I think they were trying to prevent the woman's rape from turning into a media circus. They just kind of delayed that.
Yeah. Pretty sure that case met zero criteria for being sealed. Neither party was under age. This was a Cover-up by Baylor with the help of the Waco, Baylor loving DA and local paper. Clune and Co. Will use it to their advantage when they go in deep with a Hubble sized telescope. It wont be pleasant.

tcudoc

Reptilian said:
Yeah. Pretty sure that case met zero criteria for being sealed. Neither party was under age. This was a Cover-up by Baylor with the help of the Waco, Baylor loving DA and local paper. Clune and Co. Will use it to their advantage when they go in deep with a Hubble sized telescope. It wont be pleasant.
Electron microscope may be the better reference.

WestTXFrog

Oh I gotcha. Like I said, I am no lawyer. Is there a handy place to look at the criteria for a sealed indictment for discussion purposes with a friend of mine? I tried googling it and all I saw was that they were sometimes used when 'authorities may not want a suspect to know of the indictment in order to make apprehending him easier. Authorities may also want to keep an indictment out of the media spotlight for as long as possible.'

I'm betting Clune and Co. will have no problem wading through it. If Waco PD is in on this, it could get pretty bad for the county if they are named in a lawsuit. The lawyers can just ask the victim if they wanted a sealed indictment and the gag order. Personally, I would have likely wanted to keep my being raped from being front page national news for all the time before the trial, but she may have wanted to see people going down from the start. Thankfully, I have never had to make that decision so I have no idea how a victim would actually feel about that.

Dogfrog

WestTXFrog said:
Oh I gotcha. Like I said, I am no lawyer. Is there a handy place to look at the criteria for a sealed indictment for discussion purposes with a friend of mine? I tried googling it and all I saw was that they were sometimes used when 'authorities may not want a suspect to know of the indictment in order to make apprehending him easier. Authorities may also want to keep an indictment out of the media spotlight for as long as possible.'

I'm betting Clune and Co. will have no problem wading through it. If Waco PD is in on this, it could get pretty bad for the county if they are named in a lawsuit. The lawyers can just ask the victim if they wanted a sealed indictment and the gag order. Personally, I would have likely wanted to keep my being raped from being front page national news for all the time before the trial, but she may have wanted to see people going down from the start. Thankfully, I have never had to make that decision so I have no idea how a victim would actually feel about that.

Cade? HaHa, just joshing with ya.

TK2000

It's a hard rule to follow sometimes, but large individuals as described in the article need to remember that Frat guys must me treated like women. No matter how much they talk or get in your face, large individuals must walk the other way. No matter what the case, large individuals will get the blame.

Travis Trucks

I am confused as to why people are baffled at frats and athletes not getting along.

When I went to TCU the frats and athletes didn't get along. There would be big football players bouncing at Old Rips and wouldn't let frat guys in because the same frat guys wouldn't let the football players into their parties. 

I graduated 2 years ago so it wasn't that long ago and I am guessing this is still the case.

OldSchoolFrog

My Buddy Steve said:
Exactly. And I'm wondering who is about to labeled the biggest idiot fraternity at TCU.

The one that lets sorority girls brand them OR the one that has the horrible bus ride sing alongs.

Or are we about to crown a new idiot champion

I hate to be the "kids will be kids" guy, but in this case; I am really hating on the judgement skills of millennials.  It's easy from the middle age perch, but jeez..... 

Genus Rana

OldSchoolFrog said:

I hate to be the "kids will be kids" guy, but in this case; I am really hating on the judgement skills of millennials.  It's easy from the middle age perch, but jeez..... 
children-who-are-wrong.jpg