• The KillerFrogs

NBC 5: Three TCU Students Beaten, Robbed

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
OldSchoolFrog said:

I hate to be the "kids will be kids" guy, but in this case; I am really hating on the judgement skills of millennials.  It's easy from the middle age perch, but jeez..... 
I graduated in 2006 and we had a ton of football players at our parties and everyone got along great. Why wouldn't they get along?

BABYFACE

Travis Trucks said:
I am confused as to why people are baffled at frats and athletes not getting along.

When I went to TCU the frats and athletes didn't get along. There would be big football players bouncing at Old Rips and wouldn't let frat guys in because the same frat guys wouldn't let the football players into their parties. 

I graduated 2 years ago so it wasn't that long ago and I am guessing this is still the case.
Wow, that is stupid. Why would the frats not want FB guys at their parties? That is just stupid. If that is really the case, something is seriously wrong with the fraternities at TCU.

It has been a couple of decades since I was in school, and we just didn't pull crap like that. I was in a frat and I got to know some of players at parties.

OldSchoolFrog

Frogs On A Plane said:
I graduated in 2006 and we had a ton of football players at our parties and everyone got along great. Why wouldn't they get along?
That was routine in my days as well, and not just the "frat rat athletes". Fights happen, but what a knucklehead move on all fronts given the high profile of the team right now - hence judgement issues. Surely there is a backstory and some provocation, escalation..... But dude. Some of the biggest studs in TCU history want to crash the party? Come on in. Have a beer. Who knows.

frognutz

Travis Trucks said:
I am confused as to why people are baffled at frats and athletes not getting along.

When I went to TCU the frats and athletes didn't get along. There would be big football players bouncing at Old Rips and wouldn't let frat guys in because the same frat guys wouldn't let the football players into their parties. 

I graduated 2 years ago so it wasn't that long ago and I am guessing this is still the case.

Makes sense.  Although, there should be more than enough tail to go around.  Unite for the fight?