• The KillerFrogs

My Time on the Team

Deep Purple

Well, I was never told anything about not posting, and I purposefully avoided all football threads while going through tryouts. And I didn't start the walk-on process until about 6 weeks ago.

If you guys seriously think I'm trolling, you can PM me and I can prove it, sort of, with a few pictures. I mean, if you want to be that guy, whatever, but I have a few other posters on here that know me personally that can substantiate my story (and yes, tcumaniac is one of them).

I did talk about how Dwight Smith acted like an idiot in the classroom, and not many guys spoke too highly of him it seemed.

And also, one more thing, grades were huge. At the start of team meetings the first thing they'd talk about was grades, and at the end of practice coach would get pissed about players missing class.

Like I said, I have nothing but great things to say about our players, coaches, etc. and my experience was awesome. I don't know if I might try to walk-on again in the spring, but we'll see, that's a long time from now.

As for the bench. I lifted with one of our true freshmen linemen, and I saw him incline benching 225 for 10.
I wouldn't take the comments here too seriously, illini. Yes, we're all Frog fans, but we're all kinds of Frog fans. That includes the perennial complainers and professional malcontents. It's part of the of the perverse charm of this board. Best to just shake it off and not let it get under your skin. I suspect few here doubt you were an authentic walk-on.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Yaaawn...

So, Illini, how many others were trying to walk on and how many others are on here trying to big time everyone with what is a short and insignificant footnote in your life? While at the same time dishing "insider knowledge" and, for good measure, dissing the players?

You have a man-sized chip on your tiny little shoulder. You may think that if things had gone a little differently in your life you could have been a Brock or a Schobel or something. But here's the deal: No you couldn't have. If you could have, you would have. Get over it. Let it go. There are a VERY few guys (who you and I would never be under any circumstances due to genetics) who come through here and can play in the NFL. Everyone else is fodder for the meat grinder. It's a very short chapter in what hopefully will be a very long book. Stop trying to play like you're something you are not. Be a good student, aquire some humility, get over your desire to puff yourself up and try and big time everybody, and move along. Go accomplish something, for Pete's sake.

Deep Purple

Yaaawn...

So, Illini, how many others were trying to walk on and how many others are on here trying to big time everyone with what is a short and insignificant footnote in your life? While at the same time dishing "insider knowledge" and, for good measure, dissing the players?

You have a man-sized chip on your tiny little shoulder. You may think that if things had gone a little differently in your life you could have been a Brock or a Schobel or something. But here's the deal: No you couldn't have. If you could have, you would have. Get over it. Let it go. There are a VERY few guys (who you and I would never be under any circumstances due to genetics) who come through here and can play in the NFL. Everyone else is fodder for the meat grinder. It's a very short chapter in what hopefully will be a very long book. Stop trying to play like you're something you are not. Be a good student, aquire some humility, get over your desire to puff yourself up and try and big time everybody, and move along. Go accomplish something, for Pete's sake.
I see steelfrog is worried about someone stealing his thunder.

Cheer up, steel. You can always resort to an overly detailed description of one of your lower GI tract experiences.

illini_frog

Yaaawn...

I busted my [Craig James], threw up from conditioning, took hits from Tanner Brock and Tank, and pretty much all I got from it is my experience, and I wanted to share it with some frog fans, if you're that objected to it, PM me.

Seriously, mods, I know you're personal friends with him, but he's as much of a troll as AggieAngst or roddog or Baylor Dan.

Deep Purple

I busted my [Craig James], threw up from conditioning, took hits from Tanner Brock and Tank, and pretty much all I got from it is my experience, and I wanted to share it with some frog fans, sue me.

Seriously, mods, I know you're personal friends with him, but he's as much of a troll as AggieAngst or roddog or Baylor Dan.

You can sit there in your life of mediocrity Steel, and I'll continue to try my best to do awesome stuff (like play D1 football) in my life. If I fail, so be it, it's at least better than being "that guy" on an internet forum all day. I seriously can't even fathom the fact that somebody would try to belittle somebody else for doing what I did.
I see you completely ignored the very wise advice I gave you above. Not smart. You never let professional diggers like steel or frauddog get under your skin. Just stay cool, and you make them look bad. Get riled, and you gratify them.

You must take what I have told you and learn from it.

25917_yoda%255B1%255D.jpg

joejordan

Yaaawn...

Steel and 2314 (Lloyd Christmas) are on my all-time no respond list, but I have to say, 'What a Jack-[Craig James]'

illini_frog

I see you completely ignored the very wise advice I gave you above. Not smart. You never let professional diggers like steel or frauddog get under your skin. Just stay cool, and you make them look bad. Get riled, and you gratify them.

You must take what I have told you and learn from it.

25917_yoda%255B1%255D.jpg

But Han and Leia need me!

(and fair enough, I just am defensive about it, because really all I got out of all that work was the story, and when I tell the story, some smart guy insults me for ever trying)

steelfrog

Tier 1
I see steelfrog is worried about someone stealing his thunder.

Cheer up, steel. You can always resort to an overly detailed description of one of your lower GI tract experiences.
Allllrighty then!

And Steel thought his work here was done! Such an invitation cannot be ignored!

OK, let's see. Ummm, well, here's one: Steel does not recommend a giant Fanta (orange) and a large bag of popcorn while watching a movie (in this case, pret gud flick called The Guard). Here's what happened:

Lots of gurgling and cramps, etc down there as the toxic mix shot through the yards of Steel's upper and lower intestine. Now, as you all know, the HOPE is there that it is just gas. But when one has experience, the pressure in the alimentary canal can signal, to the wise, that a productive fart would result.

Now, you can't spring this load too early, or you risk spending potentially HOURS on the can. So, endure the pressure, the cramps...yes, the PAIN, and wait until you can unleash the torrent in one enormous deluge upon, hopefully, a third party's commode. Which Steel happily did.

That is all. For now.

steelfrog

Tier 1
But Han and Leia need me!

(and fair enough, I just am defensive about it, because really all I got out of all that work was the story, and when I tell the story, some jackass insults me for ever trying)
Does your whinning know no bounds? Did you have no strong male role models in your life Son? Raised among a pack of female wolves perhaps?

Seriously, I am going to show this thread to LS as an example of how NOT to impress people with your manliness.

Now go pop a few zits and go to sleep.

Deep Purple

Does your whinning know no bounds? Did you have no strong male role models in your life Son? Raised among a pack of female wolves perhaps?

Seriously, I am going to show this thread to LS as an example of how NOT to impress people with your manliness.

Now go pop a few zits and go to sleep.
steel, there's really no need for this passive-aggressive defensiveness on your part. illini is no threat to your place on this board. You serve a very unique and singular role here. How would we know how to excrete properly without your enlightened instruction?

That being the case, why not allow illini to serve his role as well? Judging by the reaction here, it seems most appreciate his reflections. I doubt many appreciate your response. Please don't ruin your caca credibility by coming across as "poopy" (you'll pardon the pun). Hundreds of gastrointestinal tracts are counting on you to remain above the fray.

steelfrog

Tier 1
If this type of stuff isn't bannable, then by God who knows what is.
Where is Frognosticator when you need him?!

BTW, did Steel do that right? The "!" and "?" together thing? Is there an order they should be in to convey a question that is, like, you know, exclamatory in nature? Like "Hey, we killed OBL, how about that!?" Steel has done it both "!?" and "?!"--is there a correct convention? Anybody know? DOES ANYBODY GAWDAMN KNOW?!

HFrog1999

If this type of stuff isn't bannable, then by God who knows what is.

Seriously, don't let Steel get to you. It's just schtick. I've traced his IP address and it goes to a mental ward in a nearby hospital. I think part of his brain is somehow contained in this contraption and is hooked up to the interwebs.

sick-pc-mod-2.jpg

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Come on you guys. Get off his back. He had some gumption for putting himself through that routine, even if it was for a short while. There is not a one of us, who wouldn't want to suit up and march into hell for GP.

I admire him for trying

People like steel on here talking trash need to put your body where your mouth is and take some hits from Tank. Then we can watch you run to your mommy crying.

Latest posts