• The KillerFrogs

MLB 2023 Thread

Eight

Now that DeGrom is out for the rest of the year, I think its time for the Rangers to enter sell mode and be sellers for the deadline and see what prospects they can pick up. This is the kind of gut punch that completely demoralizes and derails a promising season. Get out ahead of it, accept the fact the season is over and start building toward the future.

what? this is your version of an onion style post right?

Just another day at the Ohtani office:

Two-way superstar Shohei Ohtani (https://www.mlb.com/player/660271) continued his scorching hot June with yet another incredible showing, as he struck out 10 over 6 1/3 strong innings and also went 3-for-3 with two homers to lift the Angels to a 4-2 win (https://www.mlb.com/gameday/white-sox-vs-angels/2023/06/27/717592/final/box) over the White Sox on Tuesday night at Angel Stadium.
It marked the first time Ohtani had ever homered twice in a game that he’d pitched in, and he now leads the Majors with 28 blasts this season. He also became just the sixth player since 1900 to hit two homers in a game and strike out at least 10 batters; he's the first AL player to do it since 1963.

From ESPN—
He became the sixth player with 10 strikeouts and two home runs in a game since the mound moved to its current distance in 1893, joining Zack Greinke (2019), Madison Bumgarner (2017), Rick Wise (1971), Pedro Ramos (1963) and Milt Pappas (1961). And Ohtani is the first player since 1900 with 10 strikeouts and three hits in multiple games in a single season.

Last edited:

Eight

Just another day at the Ohtani office:

Two-way superstar Shohei Ohtani (https://www.mlb.com/player/660271) continued his scorching hot June with yet another incredible showing, as he struck out 10 over 6 1/3 strong innings and also went 3-for-3 with two homers to lift the Angels to a 4-2 win (https://www.mlb.com/gameday/white-sox-vs-angels/2023/06/27/717592/final/box) over the White Sox on Tuesday night at Angel Stadium.
It marked the first time Ohtani had ever homered twice in a game that he’d pitched in, and he now leads the Majors with 28 blasts this season. He also became just the sixth player since 1900 to hit two homers in a game and strike out at least 10 batters; he's the first AL player to do it since 1963.

mlb has to be hoping somehow the angels make the playoffs this year

ohtani is one of the few pitchers who participated in the world classic and not had some issue this year

bc puckett

Now that DeGrom is out for the rest of the year, I think its time for the Rangers to enter sell mode and be sellers for the deadline and see what prospects they can pick up. This is the kind of gut punch that completely demoralizes and derails a promising season. Get out ahead of it, accept the fact the season is over and start building toward the future.
I guess this takes them out of the "seller" category

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
They're all in...

All In Poker GIF by PokerStars

ShreveFrog

My memory might be faulty but I don't recall the Rangers ever having 4 all star starters in the same year in my lifetime.
That’s the best in Rangers history. Plus Eovaldi has a case to be the starter but I doubt Dusty will make it a Rangers showcase. I could see him starting Ohtani, because why not?
I hope Sonny Gray, Adolis, and Nate Lowe are reserves.
Edit: Ohtani as starting DH could throw a wrench into him starting on the mound?

Rangers are wearing their Japanese league uniforms tonight. Most Japanese ballparks use artificial turf too, so maybe that is the reasoning. Rangers trying their best to make metroplex baseball a Japanese pastime, maybe to recruit Shohei Ohtani.

And the logo was not enough—they even have a mythological creature, a Peagle, on the sleeve.
1F7539A4-14C6-48C1-A2CC-E5BB2ED25CA8.jpegC6D1D3E8-A20F-43DF-9D11-2DCD597272C5.jpeg

Last edited:
Rangers are wearing their Japanese league uniforms tonight. Most of Japanese ballparks use artificial turf too, so maybe that is the reasoning. Rangers trying their best to make metroplex baseball a Japanese pastime, maybe to recruit Shohei Ohtani.

And the logo was not enough—they even have a mythological creature, a Peagle, on the sleeve.
View attachment 14431View attachment 14432

Wow...thanks for posting. I've never seen this. Ever.

Wow...thanks for posting. I've never seen this. Ever.
Well, you aren’t the only one here and I am confident there are others who have never seen a Peagle and might be wondering too. Really, it is called Peagle—the Rangers new mascot. You can read more about Peagle, the new logo and Metroplex rivalries and sensitivities here—
There is historical meaning which wraps Dallas, Fort Worth and Texas around Arlington, or something like that.

I very much like the color design of the uniform—the dark and light contrast and I always like retro cream colored jerseys.

Last edited:

Eight

Well, you aren’t the only one here and I am confident there are others who have never seen a Peagle and might be wondering too. Really, it is called Peagle—the Rangers new mascot. You can read more about Peagle, the new logo and Metroplex rivalries and sensitivities here—
There is historical meaning which wraps Dallas, Fort Worth and Texas around Arlington, or something like that.

I very much like the color design of the uniform—the dark and light contrast and I always like retro cream colored jerseys.

hmmmmm...where have i seen that x before????
?
Joel Mchale Netflix GIF by Green Child Magazine

I read this daily trivia game is becoming popular among baseball people. Enough so that Baseball Reference purchased it from the developer. Named after the nine pitch immaculate inning.

ShreveFrog

Really cool Rangers debut!