• The KillerFrogs

MLB 2023 Thread

Astros get 7 shutout innings from Hunter Brown tonight to win 1-0 and 6 shutout from Luis Garcia last night to win 5-0 over the Rays in Tampa and win the series; and without Yordan Alvarez. Tampa didn’t hit a homer in the 3 game series, after hitting 48 in their first 22 games. Astros go 7-2 versus Jays, Braves, and Rays; Phillies next, in Houston.

Last edited:

Eight

Astros get 7 shutout innings from Hunter Brown tonight to win 1-0 and 6 shutout from Luis Garcia last night to win 5-0 over the Rays in Tampa and win the series; and without Yordan Alvarez. Tampa didn’t hit a homer in the 3 game series, after hitting 48 in their first 22 games. Astros go 7-2 versus Jays, Braves, and Rays; Phillies next, in Houston.

agree, coming into the series the rays had won 14 straight at home and without alvarez and altuve they take 2 of 3 which is very satisfying, especially with the back 3 of the rotation going against the rays

dana brown has said alvarez will play on friday so we will see what happens

Creeperfrog

Astros guy Diaz got his first major league home run and the dugout gave him the silent treatment for maybe 20 seconds. One of the many reasons I love baseball

Eight

Is this the same Astros who are 4 games out in 2nd place?

yes it is, same group of guys sporting this:

13065817_040123-ktrk-espn-houston-astros-receive-2022-world-series-rings-desi-IMG.jpg

sure if you look long enough on the internet you can find a picture of the friendship bracelet you get for the leading a division at the end of may​

Last edited:

KTown Frog

yes it is, same group of guys sporting this:

13065817_040123-ktrk-espn-houston-astros-receive-2022-world-series-rings-desi-IMG.jpg

sure if you look long enough on the internet you can find a picture of the friendship bracelet you get for the leading a division at the end of may​
I remind my Strangers friends that even with the hot start, the Stros are only 4 back. It has to be frustrating to know that one bad road trip or home stand and they will be looking up at the Astros in first place.

SoonerFrogs

Random....saw Tyler Alexander pitch yesterday. His defense really let him down. I kinda forgot he was still playing, but hes still slinging it pretty good.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
I remind my Strangers friends that even with the hot start, the Stros are only 4 back. It has to be frustrating to know that one bad road trip or home stand and they will be looking up at the Astros in first place.
The Rangers bullpen is awful, If it doesn't cost them the division, it will cost them in the playoffs (if they make it).

Eight

The Rangers bullpen is awful, If it doesn't cost them the division, it will cost them in the playoffs (if they make it).

still early and moves can be made, the bullpen right now is the saving grace for the astros with mccullars, garcia, and urquidy down

last night is a perfect example as france comes back to earth giving up 6 runs in 3.2 innings

martinez, stanek, montero, neris, and abreu shut the cubs down for the remaining 5.1 and they rally in the 8th and 9th for the win

Creeperfrog

Atl fans are without a doubt the most annoying fans in all of baseball. Worse than Houston if you can believe it
Are houston fans really that annoying to you? I would argue Philly, yankee, dodger would be way higher on that list. I don't see the annoyance you do, bc im a fan. I'm sure some astros fans would say the same thing ab the rangers. I still don't get your hate. We are both texas teams that don't get the media coverage that we deserve. And pls, no need to go back 6 years ago. It happened, the organization admitted it, the fans accepted it and are still taking crap.

LVH

The loss the Rangers had to the Tigers the other day has all the makings of that soul crushing, demoralizing loss that completely destroys, ruins and derails what looked to be a promising season.

It was a fun 2 months while it lasted but looks like the clock has struck midnight for the Rangers and I think it would be best to start playing the long game, prioritizing 2024 and beyond instead of trying to salvage 2023.

Eight

watching alvarez go against joyce last night it looked as if yordan was doing everything he could to just make contact with the three balls he fouled off as joyce was going 102-103

then it occurred to me i and most of the population of the planet couldn't get the bat off their shoulder against that fastball and alvarez just got under the first one he saw....

would hitting a major league pitcher be one of the most difficult things to do in pro sports?

LVH

Now that DeGrom is out for the rest of the year, I think its time for the Rangers to enter sell mode and be sellers for the deadline and see what prospects they can pick up. This is the kind of gut punch that completely demoralizes and derails a promising season. Get out ahead of it, accept the fact the season is over and start building toward the future.

Latest posts