• The KillerFrogs

Mike Collins

Mean Purple

Transferring blows. Starting over blows. MC’s already done it once, had a major injury last year requiring surgery, who knows where that is actually at in terms of being 100%.

And he posted a pic on IG with a chick on the concourse after the KU game. Assuming that’s his lady friend.

Maybe he realizes this part of his life ends here. Maybe he’s content on riding it out here. If he plays, he plays, if he doesn’t, he’s got a full ride and degree free and clear.
would be a shame, he has shown to have good passing and game skills. he is very football smart. reads the field well. can't hurt to put the guy in and give Max someone to learn from.

jake102

The season is about to the point that it’s time to just roll with Max. The ability is there and the fact that we’re now 5 games in without a pick remains impressive. I’m not sure making a change really benefits us, especially since it seems likely that if a change happens it’s not gonna be Collins anyway.

I think you’re probably right, but it’s really hard to watch when he gets on a streak where he can’t hit anything. That series that ended in him missing a screen pass to Anderson was just painful

I mentioned last week I would have started Collins today and possibly preserved Duggans RS. Hate to think 25% of his eligibility is gone on this disaster

Moose Stuff

Transferring blows. Starting over blows. MC’s already done it once, had a major injury last year requiring surgery, who knows where that is actually at in terms of being 100%.

And he posted a pic on IG with a chick on the concourse after the KU game. Assuming that’s his lady friend.

Maybe he realizes this part of his life ends here. Maybe he’s content on riding it out here. If he plays, he plays, if he doesn’t, he’s got a full ride and degree free and clear.

Yep. Believe it or not there are quite a few college football players motivated by more than playing time and glory.

Moose Stuff

I think you’re probably right, but it’s really hard to watch when he gets on a streak where he can’t hit anything. That series that ended in him missing a screen pass to Anderson was just painful

I mentioned last week I would have started Collins today and possibly preserved Duggans RS. Hate to think 25% of his eligibility is gone on this disaster

We have 7 games left so who knows? We’ll probably play great in Manhattan and everyone will be happy again (for a week at least). The more he plays the better IMO.

Mean Purple

We have 7 games left so who knows? We’ll probably play great in Manhattan and everyone will be happy again (for a week at least). The more he plays the better IMO.
Gotta wonder how much faster he would have been on target this week if he was allowed to play into the 3rd quarter last week.

4th. down

I think Duggan is coming along pretty well, although it may be lost in how alarmingly bad the defense was today. But I agree 100% that Collins should be the backup/ next guy in.

Honestly, if I was giving Collins advice I would tell him to transfer. It's obvious that he is significantly better than Delton. The fact that our coaches (1) thought Delton was good enough to sign, despite all the evidence at K-State that he's a weak passer, (2) thought he looked good enough in the offseason to be the starter, and (3) apparently still think he's good enough to be in front of Collins on the depth chart is mind-boggling to me.

Will someone, that has access to the team, figure this [ Finebaum ] out for us.

Froggish

Gotta wonder how much faster he would have been on target this week if he was allowed to play into the 3rd quarter last week.
This is what everyone means when its said if you have 2QBs you don’t have one...You can’t get 5 games into the season still trying to understand who your guy is..at some point you have to settle with a guy and give him as many reps as possible. Taking live snaps is the ONLY way the game will slow down..

Mean Purple

This is what everyone means when its said if you have 2QBs you don’t have one...You can’t get 5 games into the season still trying to understand who your guy is..at some point you have to settle with a guy and give him as many reps as possible. Taking live snaps is the ONLY way the game will slow down..
Very true.

scheiss it. I'm back. Let's Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAT KANSAS STATE!

netty2424

Just can't see why GP was so high on Delton.
It’s a mystery. But most of what comes out of camp in the last 5 years has been head scratching at times.

I’m hopeful GP makes an OC change after this year and TCU has another 2014 type of turnaround.

What concerns me is TCU, on paper, is recruiting better more skilled athletes year in year out, with better facilities, more recognized brand, and they can’t seem to string consecutive seasons together. Same reasons year after year. Young team, and imo many injuries. It’s like ground hog day.

Mean Purple

It’s a mystery. But most of what comes out of camp in the last 5 years has been head scratching at times.

I’m hopeful GP makes an OC change after this year and we have another 2014 type of turnaround.

What concerns me is TCU, on paper, is recruiting better more skilled athletes year in year out, with better facilities, more recognized brand, and they can’t seem to string consecutive seasons together. Same reasons year after year. Young team, and imo many injuries. It’s like ground hog day.
I wish we could suit up that one kid who wreaked all the damage on us in camp. What was his name .. oh, yeah , S. Prink Lerhead.

Chongo94

I’m hopeful GP makes an OC change after this year and we have another 2014 type of turnaround.

And that comes down to two things really in my opinion...either we are awful at evaluating talent, or we are awful at coaching up said talent/coaching period.

netty2424

And that comes down to two things really in my opinion...either we are awful at evaluating talent, or we are awful at coaching up said talent/coaching period.
Exactly. Agree 100%. I didn’t want to say it that direct, but that was certainly the intent.

But on the flip side, you step back and realize how many guys are getting drafted and picked up, just in the league in general.

Chongo94

Exactly. Agree 100%. I didn’t want to say it that direct, but that was certainly the intent.

But on the flip side, you step back and realize how many guys are getting drafted and picked up, just in the league in general.

Right. So obviously the talent is there, according to NFL perspectives at least.