• The KillerFrogs

Men's Basketball Recruiting

FungoFrog

Tier 1
GuardianFrog said:
Look for Boucher to commit to Oregon this weekend. I don't know if we got tired of him dragging his feet on his decision or what, but I think we got a very nice looking player in Vlad to be our Amric replacement. Brent Scott and TJ are going to develop him into a nice player.

Damn. Oregon stealing from TCU again.

McFroggin

FungoFrog said:

Who knows? He was too slow to make a decision, and we had another great option. Was he stolen by Oregon or was Oregon/TTU his only remaining options when we filled our class?

froglash88

Should I dribble, pass, or shoot? Maybe I could just drive to the basket and try a layup. But, there is also the possibility of shooting a three pointer.(Shot clock just expired)

cheese83

FungoFrog said:

I think it looks like we decided to move on. Plus we are getting a versatile player with room to grow. The Zags have a much better hoops program than Oregon, I'll take their eval on a guy like Vlad and am happy we pulled it off.

Oregon's new basketball arena is pretty awesome, and of course they have the best of everything.

The only problem with Oregon is it is cold and rainy way too often. He'll need to purchase one of those SAD lamps. Who knows, maybe Nike gives them those too.

tcujsauce

netty2424 said:
Did we offer him?
Just because we offered a kid doesn't mean we were the ones that got dumped. I don't know why it is so hard to consider the possibility that he was dragging his feet on his decision, which is his prerogative, and we decided to take Vlad bc he WANTED to be in Fort Worth. This kind of thing happens all the time, and I'm not saying that is what happened, but you cannot say with any amount of certainty that "he just didn't chose TCU".

Moose Stuff

netty2424 said:
Did we offer him?

What difference does that make???  There are offers made all the time that end up being uncommitable because the school that made the offer eventually went in a different direction for whatever reason.  I have no clue what happened in this particular instance, but it's just as likely that we passed on him as it is that he passed on us.  

netty2424

TCU J-Sauce said:
Just because we offered a kid doesn't mean we were the ones that got dumped. I don't know why it is so hard to consider the possibility that he was dragging his feet on his decision, which is his prerogative, and we decided to take Vlad bc he WANTED to be in Fort Worth. This kind of thing happens all the time, and I'm not saying that is what happened, but you cannot say with any amount of certainty that "he just didn't chose TCU".
Doesn't dragging his feet mean he had not yet chosen TCU? If he had chosen TCU this conversation isn't taking place.

netty2424

Moose Stuff said:

What difference does that make???  There are offers made all the time that end up being uncommitable because the school that made the offer eventually went in a different direction for whatever reason.  I have no clue what happened in this particular instance, but it's just as likely that we passed on him as it is that he passed on us.  
I hear what you're saying Moose and I understand it. I do. I'm certainly not trying to create an argument here, I'm just saying this Boucher kid from my understanding was offered by TCU based on posts here in this thread. We offered him, he didn't chose us, we moved on?

I'm just saying when coaches target thses kids, especially a kid like Boucher, we don't typically offer and just move on for no reason. Outside of specific circumstances that might prevent a kid from being eligible of course.

McFroggin

netty2424 said:
I hear what you're saying Moose and I understand it. I do. I'm certainly not trying to create an argument here, I'm just saying this Boucher kid from my understanding was offered by TCU based on posts here in this thread. We offered him, he didn't chose us, we moved on?

I'm just saying when coaches target thses kids, especially a kid like Boucher, we don't typically offer and just move on for no reason. Outside of specific circumstances that might prevent a kid from being eligible of course.
Boucher was indecisive. When you have an alternative like Vlad ready to pull the trigger, you take it. Can't risk missing on Boucher and Vlad.

MTfrog5

This happens more than people realize. Had a buddy who ended up at A&M as a pitcher and he first tried to commit to LSU. They offered two guys the same scholarship and they other guy committed first so LSU basically said if someone goes in the draft we will give you a call.

I think when all is said we might end up with the kid who is a better fit for us. I saw something on Boucher a few days ago and it said he was the type of kid who sometimes has difficulty making a decision and I think that is true. Just hope he goes somewhere he can develop.