• The KillerFrogs

Men's Basketball Recruiting

FungoFrog

Tier 1
The total radio silence on Boucher makes me think he is going to be a Frog, they are just working on how to make that happen. Minnesota and Tech writers have now both said they think he is a Frog, so now we just need to find out how they are going to make that happen. If I had to guess, one of the scholarship guys is going to lose his boat and go walk on. 

With Boucher, this would have to be the best recruiting class in... 15 years?

Jalon Miller, SF: (4 *)
Chris Boucher, F: (4 *)
Malique Trent, G: (3 *)
Lyrik Shreiner, G: (3 *)
Vladimir Brodziansky, F: (3 *)

berryfrog95

FungoFrog said:

Delicious....

I'll bite on your gut feeling.

Purp

FungoFrog said:
The total radio silence on Boucher makes me think he is going to be a Frog, they are just working on how to make that happen. Minnesota and Tech writers have now both said they think he is a Frog, so now we just need to find out how they are going to make that happen. If I had to guess, one of the scholarship guys is going to lose his boat and go walk on. 

I was thinking this morning that Boucher could still be an option and I'm thinking Hudson Price is the reason why.  Either there's some legitimacy to him leaving to play with his dad (less likely, IMO) or, as you suggest, he may go walk-on to free up the scholly (more likely, IMO).  I hope you're right, whether it's Hudson or not.

Riff Ram

One major Tech recruiting source has Boucher as "zero" interest in Tech.  

My inferences from events and the current silence suggest at least to me that things are quite likely being worked out.

Wog68

Purp said:
I was thinking this morning that Boucher could still be an option and I'm thinking Hudson Price is the reason why.  Either there's some legitimacy to him leaving to play with his dad (less likely, IMO) or, as you suggest, he may go walk-on to free up the scholly (more likely, IMO).  I hope you're right, whether it's Hudson or not.
Price probably qualifies for an academic scholy.

FungoFrog

Tier 1
[ What the heck? ] does this mean...

11052525_10204142896283169_4921597768598298335_n.jpg

Big12Frog

Unlike most on this board, I would think the committing of the kid yesterday might mean Boucher is not on board.  There is always the possibility that we filled his spot because he took too long.  Maybe we did not want to miss out on the new kid.  Nonetheless, I hope everyone is right and we got both.  Just seems pretty optimistic.

RobFrog

FungoFrog said:

Wouldn't this be the best class we have ever signed, especially if we do get Boucher? I like the way CTJ is going. Basketball is going to be fun again with the last couple of recruiting classes and the updated DMC!

Portland Frog

Big12Frog said:
Unlike most on this board, I would think the committing of the kid yesterday might mean Boucher is not on board.  There is always the possibility that we filled his spot because he took too long.  Maybe we did not want to miss out on the new kid.  Nonetheless, I hope everyone is right and we got both.  Just seems pretty optimistic.

I have thought this too, but I wonder why Boucher hasn't jumped on another opportunity already if he is out of the mix with the frogs. Why wait, given we are now a few days after the Vladimir announcement?

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Portland Frog said:

I have thought this too, but I wonder why Boucher hasn't jumped on another opportunity already if he is out of the mix with the frogs. Why wait, given we are now a few days after the Vladimir announcement?
Maybe there is more to the story. Like grades

It could be that he is waiting for his spring semester grades before announcing a decision

Could be lots of things

leofrog

Frog Em said:
FYI we host Tennessee in sec challenge this year.
That's not bad. Rick Barnes back to a new DMC. Since this is in the middle of the conference season, we will know how both teams stack up. We could have done much worse!!

Look for Boucher to commit to Oregon this weekend. I don't know if we got tired of him dragging his feet on his decision or what, but I think we got a very nice looking player in Vlad to be our Amric replacement. Brent Scott and TJ are going to develop him into a nice player.