• The KillerFrogs

Men's Basketball Recruiting

Big12Frog

Does anyone know any updates on any basketball recruiting?  Obviously, I know we have one current commit.  How good is this kid and also how many more are we after?  Is there any current recruits on the radar?  With the dismissal of Hill, how many spots are there?  Just something.

helcap

"The Mannsfield Summit Jaguars used a balanced scoring attack to boot the Seagoville Dragons from the state playoffs Wednesday night with a 64-51 bi-district win at South Grand Prairie High School.

TCU signee Jalon Miller finished a brilliant prep career with a game-high 30 points. The talented 6-foot-7 forward led Dallas-area Class 5A players in both points (23.9) and rebounds (13.1) during the regular season."

http://www.seagovillegazette.com/2015/02/26/seagoville-dragons-fall-to-mansfield-summit-jaguars/

Jalon Anderson is a great signee as I have mentioned I think he has a chance to play a lot of minutes and contribute as a freshman. I don't know that he would start over K Williams or Washburn, but either way we are adding solid depth to our front court.

Our other three targets at this time look like Chris Boucher, the 6'10 JUCO forward who is averaging 23 ppg and 12 rebounds. TJ was out to see him again a little more than a week ago and would be an impact player for us.

As for guards we have reached out to another JUCO in 6'2 combo guard Malique Trent who averages 16 ppg and has added offers from Tennessee, Creighton and Kansas St. In addition to his offer from TCU. Good shooter, would be a threat from outside.

The other spring offer that we have put out is to local 6'2 PG Ryan Woolridge from Lake Ridge HS. I've heard him described as a Kyan starter kit, he might be a little quicker. Texas hasn't offered, but they are showing interest as are several other good basketball programs.

Big12Frog said:
Does that mean we will sign four kids or more than that?  I know we lose Anderson, Fields, Hill, and Ziegler.
It depends on Hill. Right now he is suspended indefinitely, but he is still in school.

Portland Frog

PP, I was wondering the same thing about Collins. It is a head scratcher as to why he hasn't seen the floor lately.

Thanks for the recruiting update Guardian.

Wog68

If LHCTJ doesn't sign at least 2 really good guards, his tour of duty here may be shortened. Additionally, I believe that our big men need to be augmented by some big-uns who can run the floor and finish inside.  Just saying.

cheese83

Wog68 said:
If LHCTJ doesn't sign at least 2 really good guards, his tour of duty here may be shortened. Additionally, I believe that our big men need to be augmented by some big-uns who can run the floor and finish inside.  Just saying.
I also want a couple of bigs that run the floor and finish. Maybe Shep will turn into Frank Kaminsky??
Lately I have liked our bigs, I think some quality wing players are needed and a good stretch 4.

I'm hoping Collins really takes off next season, we need it.

BoondocksFrog

On another note, why does it seem easier for people to evaluate basketball talent? It seems like no 5 star player is ever a bust, at least while in college.

cdsfrog

BoondocksFrog said:
On another note, why does it seem easier for people to evaluate basketball talent? It seems like no 5 star player is ever a bust, at least while in college.

and Freshman often make a huge impact.  It seems like getting 2 elite recruits in basketball is like getting 10 in football.