• The KillerFrogs

Max Duggan

Christcu

I have to agree. I love Max but his accuracy is bad and he can't find an open receiver. Maybe that is what you expect from a True Freshman. But there has been True Freshman QBs that have performed much better. He can run like a gazelle though.
like who at TCU?

Christcu

For crying out loud, he’s a freshman that was tossed into the fire with an under performing surrounding cast! Give him some time to grow into the job before you pass judgement on his whole career. He showed signs of being very talented at times. I’m guessing he is all freshman B12.
Post of the day #3

Moose Stuff

I can’t believe so many are having a coronary over an opinion. His opinion isn’t right or wrong just his opinion. Damn people quit acting like [ Arschloch]s just because you think his opinion is wrong. How about trying to change his opinion instead of acting foolish.

I don’t have the slightest problem with him stating his opinion. I will say that when you state that you think our popular freshman QB isn’t any good you’re unbelievably naive if you didn’t think anyone was gonna give you any pushback. My issue is with his beyond douchy comment about giving money to the program and then saying that the people on this site make TCU look bad. How anyone can be that tone deaf is beyond me. And if it’s actually a bit, it continues the tradition of this board having the worst trolls on earth.

Chew

I had a mod last week deleting my posts and shut me down for the night, and they weren’t anything near what’s being spewed in here tonight. They’re selective in who they censor. It’s a shame and kind of embarrassing how they protect certain posters. They won’t get anymore of my money here, regardless of how minimal it is.

Oh good, I thought it was just me that got banned for a few hours last week.

Froggish

I like the hell out of Max but he is no different from any other young player in that he will have to make incremental improvement every year to be the man. I can assure you he’s going to have his hands full fending off Baldwin this off season. If he’s able to show improvement in the passing game we’ll be better next year. If he can’t?...He is far from a finished product

Mean Purple

He's got heart, can't teach that.

He doesn't quite have the development / vision for this level, theoretically you can develop that. He's a true freshman.

If we can get a good offensive coach in, he will pull his weight to get better.
Accuracy? Honest question from a total Max homer. Does he get better with time and coaching? Not all the incompletions are due to drops.

Mean Purple

I have a hard time buying thos dude gave the funds claimed.

Yes, I am a total Max homer, but op seems like hate or sour grapes about who starts.

Mean Purple

There’s a long list of problems that need attention within this program, Max is so far down that list, you might skip right over him on accident by the time you got there.

There isn’t a player on this team, or any other team for that matter that’s perfect, but isolating MD seems odd.

I’d imagine he has nightmares of blitz after blitz after his o-line fed him to the wolves this year. Hard to operate effectively with no pocket.
Max is the reason we have the wins we have. Won I spite of Cumbie.

I think Max can be very good but it's not going to be with Cumbie and this offense. Given the structure that he had to work with, he probably did about as well as you could expect a freshman to do. Maybe a more experienced QB makes a little more chicken salad out of the chicken [ Finebaum ] but it's still going to be a [ Finebaum ] show offense.

Flip Frog

Have not read this whole thread. But I will ask one thing though. Even though Max is a true freshman, he pretty much played the whole season. Did he improve? I’m afraid to say, I don’t think so. Is that a scary thought?

robbroyy

Accuracy? Honest question from a total Max homer. Does he get better with time and coaching? Not all the incompletions are due to drops.
Dak Prescott is showing it’s possible to get a lot better. I didn’t think it was possible but Dak took a huge jump. Now idk if Duggan has a private throwing coach in the offseason to work with but it’d help if he did

oklahomafrog

I will admit there are a lot of problems on offense but no one has given me any concrete reason as to why Duggan is going to be so good, final stats on ESPN: 166 completions on 303 attempts, 54.86% completion rate, 58.3 QBR, first 6 games=0 interceptions, last 6 games=10 interceptions, also, these stats do not include the untimely fumbles he had throughout the season

For comparison, Sanders (RS Freshman at Oklahoma State) was 155 of 247 for a 62.8% completion rate and a much higher QBR, they are 8-3 and we are 5-7, also, Sanders lost his best receiver (Wallace) halfway through the season, Sanders is hurt now but he played well for his first year under center

Since we went 1-6 in games decided by 7 or fewer points, we could have really used ball security in those tight games.

Chongo94

Well, I will say he’s the first qb we’ve had in about 4 years that doesn’t throw off his back foot, so there’s that....

‘Course it could be he hasn’t been in this system long enough to learn that to be a true TCU qb, he has to throw off his back foot.

oklahomafrog

Other freshman QBs:
Hank Bachmeier Boise State 122 of 193, 63.2% completion, 67.6 QBR
Bo Nix Auburn, 185 of 321, 57.6% completion, 56.8 QBR
Sam Howell North Carolina, 211 of 355, 59.4% completion, 69.5 QBR
Kedon Slovis USC, 260 of 362, 63.2% completion, 67.6 QBR
Ryan Hilinski South Carolina, 220 of 379, 58.0% completion, 56.5 QBR
Jayden Daniels Arizona State, 181 of 291, 62.2% completion, 68.8 QBR

All of these QBs have a higher completion percentage and, after 0 TDs and 2 INTs today, should all have higher QBRs than Duggan. However, Duggan is in the ballpark. Hopefully he will win all of us over next season (including me) but I don't think any of this shows he's a clear cut starter for the next 3 seasons.

JAB331

His performance tonight was more reflective of the coach. He had plays that worked the last few games and Cumbie keeps changing everything up instead of building on the foundation. He has to go, Max deserves better and the rest of us do too.