• The KillerFrogs

Max Duggan and Zach Evans Injury

PO Frog

I was actually joking, but last week going into the game there was announcement that Max lead the conference in pass completions over 20 yards. Everyone in the area around me immediately thought YAC because we dont throw very many deep passes. Then Miller took a screen pass to the house.

Those stats are also less impressive when, off the top of my head, Texas has started multiple quarterbacks, Tech has started multiple quarterbacks, and Oklahoma has started multiple quarterbacks. Only Baylor, OSU, and ISU have had started the same QB. I'm not counting KSU because they are run-oriented, and I'm not counting Kansas because Kansas. So our QB is one of four or five (I don't know about WVU) QBs in comparably offenses who has started every game and he is the third rated passer. Like I said, I was just dropping in a little humor (very little). Max is apparently the best we have, and I hope he lights it up every game.
FYI - That stat over 20 yards was regarding ball traveling in the air, so your screen pass explanation is not accurate.

Nick Danger

Those stats are also less impressive when, off the top of my head, Texas has started multiple quarterbacks, Tech has started multiple quarterbacks, and Oklahoma has started multiple quarterbacks. Only Baylor, OSU, and ISU have had started the same QB. I'm not counting KSU because they are run-oriented, and I'm not counting Kansas because Kansas. So our QB is one of four or five (I don't know about WVU) QBs in comparably offenses who has started every game and he is the third rated passer. Like I said, I was just dropping in a little humor (very little). Max is apparently the best we have, and I hope he lights it up every game.
On the other hand, the fact that those QB's that get rotated in and out, have only played sporadically, would seem to indicate that they weren't playing very well. If they were as productive as Duggan, logic would dictate that they wouldn't keep getting pulled!

CountryFrog

Look…the Frogs win tomorrow night and all will be well in the kingdom. 4-3. Back to a winning record. LHCGP will have turned it around proving once again his status as coach savant. All the naysayers will have been proven wrong and the sky is not only not falling but no longer even the proverbial limit.
The ceiling will be the sky

Stats can be pretty heavily influenced by what the QB is being asked to do, which up until last weekend was not that much. I've never been one that was as critical of Max as some just looking at what we gave him to work with but I don't know how anyone could have watched TCU games for the past 2 1/2 seasons and not see that Max has improved quite a bit at the nuances of paying QB. Meach will drive you crazy at times but he has improved our route concepts this season and has a far better understanding than Cumbie of what plays to call against what the defense is doing. Combine that with Max having better understanding of the coverages he is getting and it is encouraging for sure. It seems strange to see myself type this but the offense is not the problem.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
raw
iu

4th. down

Stats can be pretty heavily influenced by what the QB is being asked to do, which up until last weekend was not that much. I've never been one that was as critical of Max as some just looking at what we gave him to work with but I don't know how anyone could have watched TCU games for the past 2 1/2 seasons and not see that Max has improved quite a bit at the nuances of paying QB. Meach will drive you crazy at times but he has improved our route concepts this season and has a far better understanding than Cumbie of what plays to call against what the defense is doing. Combine that with Max having better understanding of the coverages he is getting and it is encouraging for sure. It seems strange to see myself type this but the offense is not the problem.

Have to agree with your assessment and I believe we can point the finger to the "Fixer." Consider the difference before he arrived and the present. Play calling better, offensive line better, receivers running better routes, blocking downfield, and not as many receiver substitutions. Max is better because he's Max but also Beck helping out Kenny and Kill giving the offensive line some of his time. The rest of our games will be shootouts, we will score, but until the defense improves we will not run away from the teams we have left and Okie State, Baylor, and Iowa St. will be tough.

Froginbedford

Have to agree with your assessment and I believe we can point the finger to the "Fixer." Consider the difference before he arrived and the present. Play calling better, offensive line better, receivers running better routes, blocking downfield, and not as many receiver substitutions. Max is better because he's Max but also Beck helping out Kenny and Kill giving the offensive line some of his time. The rest of our games will be shootouts, we will score, but until the defense improves we will not run away from the teams we have left and Okie State, Baylor, and Iowa St. will be tough.
The trio in the last sentence will be expected loses....At best, another 5-7 season for the Frogs, and maybe 3-9....

Toad Jones

Green is Max Duggan 2 years ago. Can’t hit the broadside of a barn but can get it done with his legs and his heart
Now tell me, what logical coach would recruit and give a scholarship to a QB who can't hit a broad side of a barn? 'Maybe they see him as a safety, LB. Would you classify him as a grown-n-up player? 'Maybe'.....sure a lot of maybe's when you need specific positions filled with so many injuries year-n-out. ie: "Coach says during a game, "Smith got hurt who do we have to replace him." Well..as'tant coach says.. we have Booger but he's a maybe, he's still got some grown-n-up to do. See my point? We are our own worst enemy. Culture change ??