• The KillerFrogs

Max Duggan and Zach Evans Injury

Chongo94

It is much more severe than that. They, and some of the New Orleans Saints are actually in the new Iron Lung ward inside the athletics building.

468D22AD00000578-5101817-Iron_lungs_became_common_place_in_hospitals_in_the_1940s_and_50s-a-10_1511262590874.jpg
These things used to give me nightmares as a kid.

Atomic Frawg

Max leads the Big 12 in total offense, he’s second in TD, and he’s the 3rd rated passer.
I was actually joking, but last week going into the game there was announcement that Max lead the conference in pass completions over 20 yards. Everyone in the area around me immediately thought YAC because we dont throw very many deep passes. Then Miller took a screen pass to the house.

Those stats are also less impressive when, off the top of my head, Texas has started multiple quarterbacks, Tech has started multiple quarterbacks, and Oklahoma has started multiple quarterbacks. Only Baylor, OSU, and ISU have had started the same QB. I'm not counting KSU because they are run-oriented, and I'm not counting Kansas because Kansas. So our QB is one of four or five (I don't know about WVU) QBs in comparably offenses who has started every game and he is the third rated passer. Like I said, I was just dropping in a little humor (very little). Max is apparently the best we have, and I hope he lights it up every game.

Last edited:

Atomic Frawg

The idea that he is the issue, or even an issue, is bizarre. He ain’t perfect, still misfires a little too much maybe, but he is greatly improved and has always been competitive as hell. Good enough for me.

Defense, defense, defense.
The offense is playing well enough to win games if our defense was anywhere near what we are accustomed to having. Kill and Meach are paying dividendsthis season, imo. Max has done way better on intermediate and short routes. Still too reticent to throw a 50/50 ball and inconsistent on longer throws. In person, he won't let the ball fly on a lot of plays where the fans come out of their seats seeing a receiver break wide open. That doesn't translate when watching on TV. Still, you're right, he's playing well enough.

Wexahu

The offense is playing well enough to win games if our defense was anywhere near what we are accustomed to having. Kill and Meach are paying dividendsthis season, imo. Max has done way better on intermediate and short routes. Still too reticent to throw a 50/50 ball and inconsistent on longer throws. In person, he won't let the ball fly on a lot of plays where the fans come out of their seats seeing a receiver break wide open. That doesn't translate when watching on TV. Still, you're right, he's playing well enough.
His QBR is ranked 21st in the country and his 169 rating is 20 points higher than Kenny Hill’s in 2017 and higher than TB”s. And he’s a hell of a runner. I know stats don’t tell the whole story but that’s not bad, right?

CountryFrog

Max had some real bad misses in the Cal game and it's almost like some people decided well he's still exactly what he was last year and haven't reevaluated their opinions since then. But he's been really good overall this season. He's always going to be a guy who misses some throws here and there but he makes up for it with play making.

He's turned into a very good college QB imo.

Atomic Frawg

His QBR is ranked 21st in the country and his 169 rating is 20 points higher than Kenny Hill’s in 2017 and higher than TB”s. And he’s a hell of a runner. I know stats don’t tell the whole story but that’s not bad, right?

Passing Yards, 60th
Passing Efficiency, 9th
Completion Percentage, 36th
Completions per game, 71st
Passing TDs, T-29th
Passing Yards per game, 48th
Passing Yards per Completion, 13th
Points Responsible For, T-33rd
Points Responsible for per Game, T-28th
Total Offense, 33rd
Yards per Pass Att, 13th

Correct, not bad. As I stated, he has gotten much better on intermediate routes, and I hope he lights it up tomorrow and the rest of the season.

Stats from the NCAA official page