• The KillerFrogs

Looks like they bench pressed today

mrnicefrog

[quote name='Cory Rodger's roster bonus' timestamp='1311866537' post='879163']
Ah, my apologies mrnicefrog. Which one of these guys is you?

[/quote]

Lol. I could never dream of being on the Power Team, but maybe one day I can get them to autograph the poster I have of them.

mrnicefrog

Bro...I played high school football at 215 pounds as a guard and I benched 350 my Senior year. 500 sounds about right.

And did you go on to play D1?

I played high school football too, and most of the starting O & D lineman benched over 300. And that wasn't even good enougt to play on ANY D1 college team. So yeah, I'm with you, 500 sounds about right.

illini_frog

Something that could be considered here is that height usually equals bad bench press. Longer arms and limbs in general work AGAINST you as far as benching and squatting goes, so taller guys tend to have more trouble getting big numbers.

BUT, on the field, those long limbs can generate just as much, if not more, force than a short guy who's short limbs help on the football field.

We had plenty of 5"8 guys (I'm 6"6) who could bench more than me, but I could push them around no problem on the field.

Butch lambert

I don't know what people bench, but you can contact my Grandson's high school headcoach, Jeff Jordan. He will tell you that Josh Lambert bench presses 350lbs. He will be a Senior this coming year and is a kicker. That is Garland High School. He is 5'11" and weighed 192 at his visit at Vanderbilt.

amcxox.jpg

Papaw

pastorfrog

And did you go on to play D1?

Did I play D1? HELL NO! I had a few small college offers to sit on the bench with the prayer I put on some height. I did play in a nasty mud football game in front of Clark in like 94/95 where a guy lost some teeth and another guy ended up with a scar on his head.