• The KillerFrogs

Listenbee Lawsuit Update 3/19/2018

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
This is the Listenbee thread right?

I'm actually impressed by the ambulance chaser defining and explaining justification or mechanics.

This thread was started about some punk looking for an easy pay day. In addition to another punk attorney looking for fame.

How about we discuss Listenbee instead of attempting to justify your profession.

BABE038F-8B9A-460C-B8EC-FF23EDD09168.gif

Purp

That sound like he got paid?
I'm not getting that at all. I'm pretty sure if he got paid you'd have seen him all over Tweeter in the last week celebrating his new found riches and his lawyers would have been all over news outlets gloating about their victory for the last week and a half. I have no idea how this played out, but my gut tells me his lawyers anticipated a far more favorable outcome before this all started.

YA

I'm not getting that at all. I'm pretty sure if he got paid you'd have seen him all over Tweeter in the last week celebrating his new found riches and his lawyers would have been all over news outlets gloating about their victory for the last week and a half. I have no idea how this played out, but my gut tells me his lawyers anticipated a far more favorable outcome before this all started.
Almost all settlements of lawsuits that I have litigated in the last 20+ years had a confidentiality provision as part of the settlement. Doesn’t mean the lawyers and others cannot say it settled but the terms are subject to the confidential settlement agreement.

Purp

Almost all settlements of lawsuits that I have litigated in the last 20+ years had a confidentiality provision as part of the settlement. Doesn’t mean the lawyers and others cannot say it settled but the terms are subject to the confidential settlement agreement.
Makes sense, but would that preclude them from gloating if it was a positive settlement? I just envision them standing in front of a bunch of microphones saying they settled and it's a great day for their client without divulging any specifics.

YA

Makes sense, but would that preclude them from gloating if it was a positive settlement? I just envision them standing in front of a bunch of microphones saying they settled and it's a great day for their client without divulging any specifics.
Most likely. I suspect they got their costs and a nominal go away type of settlement. They imho were never going to win on the merits.

Shorty

If we keep an eye on Listenbee's social media I think we'll have a very good idea if he got paid or paid to go away.

Purp

Article says the lawsuits were dismissed. Is this not a distinction from a settled lawsuit?
Good point. The headline says Linstenbee settled the lawsuit, but the TCU statement says they agreed to dismiss their suits. Does seem like an important distinction and one that would cost Kolby the least amount of money based on recent developments.

ETA: thanks for the info FIL

Purp

Most likely. I suspect they got their costs and a nominal go away type of settlement. They imho were never going to win on the merits.
Seems like TCU had way more leverage in the deal. I'd be a little surprised if the University conceded their costs and anything extra. Unless I misunderstood something it sounded like Kolby and his attorneys stood to lose a hell of lot more if this thing dragged on so TCU covering any of their costs seems like a bad deal unless those costs were less than TCU's future costs of pursuing the suit to its natural conclusion.