• The KillerFrogs

Listenbee Lawsuit Update 3/19/2018

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I’m not sure any of what you typed addresses my comment. I’m talking about the lady who spills hot coffee on herself and sues McDonald’s for 10 million.

Yeah, just as many stupid rulings as culture changing ones.

As far as driving in cars without air bags or seat belts, all of that survived the “mayhem” prior to air bags and seat belts must’ve been very, very fortunate in the 60s, 50s, 40s, 30s... Which isn’t to say safety improvements aren’t bad.

But when a ladder manufacturer has to put a warning sticker on on his product warning against putting a ladder Leger on a frozen cow patty when the team may thaw it out and cause it to tip...

Which, by the way, really hPpened in New England.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Yeah, just as many stupid rulings as culture changing ones.

As far as driving in cars without air bags or seat belts, all of that survived the “mayhem” prior to air bags and seat belts must’ve been very, very fortunate in the 60s, 50s, 40s, 30s... Which isn’t to say safety improvements aren’t bad.

But when a ladder manufacturer has to put a warning sticker on on his product warning against putting a ladder Leger on a frozen cow patty when the team may thaw it out and cause it to tip...

Which, by the way, really hPpened in New England.
Ugh, ladder leg!

Punter1

You should expect an article from Engel any day on how the court system unfairly treats college athletes who are just trying to get justice. Engel will focus on now much endowment TCU has ($1.5 billion+), and how poor Mr. Listenbee is. Watch for the article anytime soon.

Either that or another article on the TCU cheerleaders or drill team....

Froglaw

Just a reminder that the Dallas Judge is a TCU Alumni who is also one of the most hated Judges in Dallas County. She has a history of questionable rulings. Good to see the Dallas Court of Appeals and Tarrant Court of Appeals all agree on one thing, she was wrong in her initial rulings.

Before she took the bench a visiting judge in that court granted a Defense Motion that had no basis in law.

I filed a Motion for rehearing and she overturned the visiting judges ruling.

She is very intelligent and knows what she is doing.

Last edited:

Froglaw

I’m not sure any of what you typed addresses my comment. I’m talking about the lady who spills hot coffee on herself and sues McDonald’s for 10 million.

Moose, you fell victim to the anti-lawsuit movment paid for by the insurance lobbies and the United States Chamber of commerce.

None of the disinformation put forth by them regarding the verdict in the New Mexico case was true.

Stella received $2.6 million for the third degree burns she suffered because McDonalds kept its coffee 2 to 5 degrees below the boiling point.

McDonalds knew of over 100 cases of severe, life changing injuries because of the high temperature but chose profits over people.

Stella never enjoyed the monies awarded because of appeals, medical expenses, and litigation cost.

McDonalds did lower the temperature of their coffee to a safer level.

If you want to see the truth, here is a link to the documentary.

http://www.hotcoffeethemovie.com

Moose Stuff

Moose, you fell victim to the anti-lawsuit movment paid for by the insurance lobbies and the United States Chamber of commerce.

None of the disinformation put forth by them regarding the verdict in the New Mexico case was true.

Stella received $2.6 million for the third degree burns she suffered because McDonalds kept its coffee 2 to 5 degrees below the boiling point.

McDonalds knew of over 100 cases of severe, life changing injuries because of the high temperature but chose profits over people.

Stella never enjoyed the monies awarded because of appeals, medical expenses, and litigation cost.

McDonalds did lower the temperature of their coffee to a safer level.

If you want to see the truth, here is a link to the documentary.

http://www.hotcoffeethemovie.com

I think you probably understood my point. There are clearly a large number of people that attempt to get rich off of frivolous law suits.

YA

Before she took the bench a visiting judge in that court granted a Defense Motion that had bo basis in law.

I filed a Motion for rehearing and she overturned the visiting judges ruling.

She is very intelligent and knows what she is doing.
A clock is right twice a day type of thing

TX_Krötenechse

You should look up the details of that case. The coffee was served dangerous hot and she had second and third degree burns on 22% of her body. Her initial request was for $20k to cover medical expenses. She didn’t sue until McDonalds only offered her $800.

Also, total awarded damages in that case were about $3 million which was eventually reduced to less than $600k.

CryptoMiner

You should look up the details of that case. The coffee was served dangerous hot and she had second and third degree burns on 22% of her body. Her initial request was for $20k to cover medical expenses. She didn’t sue until McDonalds only offered her $800.

Also, total awarded damages in that case were about $3 million which was eventually reduced to less than $600k.

She did not have 3rd degree burns on 22% of her body.

jake102

she had second and third degree burns on 22% of her body. .

I have no interest in this argument, but stuff like this is just straight up lolz and why you can't trust anything online. Just think of how much 22% of your body is.... it would be like an entire leg (literally every millimeter) being burned plus half of your other leg.

tcudoc

Unless you're Oakman, and both legs combined only constitute about 10% of your body mass.
Rule of 9's:

dbcde6143d8988f0c38dd4f7916070ec.jpg

**Edit-Just realized you were commenting on Oakman skipping leg day.