• The KillerFrogs

Leave your "personal seat cushions" at home.

TCURiggs

Just get one of these like on Deadliest Catch, only make it 18".....

measure-crab11-300x214.jpg

Ha. I'm not sure if you were trying to be a smartass or not, but that seems like it would work great.

perryfrog

3) You should redirect your complaint to TCU decision-makers who can do something about it.

I tried to talk to those folks going through the chain of command prior to selling my season tickets. I talked to Brian at the ticket
office and he referred me to someone named Chip. Had to leave a voicemail as he didn't answer his phone. Asked him to call me and he never did return my call. Brian, the only person which I actually talked to said that they were going to enforce the ban, regardless of a person's back problems. When Chip would not return my call, I made the decision to sell my tickets, as I cannot
sit without back support. I have had three back surgeries. I have been going to the games for 30 years, and the past few have
been painful with my back support cushion. I know I cannot stand the pain without the back support. GO FROGS!!!

asleep003

Missed the point. Whether they can do it not isn't the issue. The issue is whether will they need more personnel to do it in order to keep the crowd inflow moving at a reasonable pace.

The point, again, is they stop and check the bags and can 'eyeball' if the seat needs a measurement check with a 3 second stick measurement........... if it's wider/deeper than the stick it does not come in. And after that 1st game, even fewer, until it's just the visitors 'oversized looking' seats that will need checking.

Cheers !

fanatical frog

The point, again, is they stop and check the bags and can 'eyeball' if the seat needs a measurement check with a 3 second stick measurement........... if it's wider/deeper than the stick it does not come in. And after that 1st game, even fewer, until it's just the visitors 'oversized looking' seats that will need checking.

Cheers !

And........there's probably no more than several hundred who bring cushions into the stadium.....clogging up the entry process is just bogus

tcudoc

3) You should redirect your complaint to TCU decision-makers who can do something about it.

I tried to talk to those folks going through the chain of command prior to selling my season tickets. I talked to Brian at the ticket
office and he referred me to someone named Chip. Had to leave a voicemail as he didn't answer his phone. Asked him to call me and he never did return my call. Brian, the only person which I actually talked to said that they were going to enforce the ban, regardless of a person's back problems. When Chip would not return my call, I made the decision to sell my tickets, as I cannot
sit without back support. I have had three back surgeries. I have been going to the games for 30 years, and the past few have
been painful with my back support cushion. I know I cannot stand the pain without the back support. GO FROGS!!!

Sorry for your frustrations. As someone who knows many people (patients) with debilitating back problems, I can sympathize with your plight even though others here cannot. Sorry you will not be able to attend games this year. Not sure if you have tried, but would any of the handicap areas allow some options for some type of wheelchair that may be more helpful?
Many do not recognize how severe activity limiting back problems can be. Best of luck in getting some relief.

Boomhauer

Sorry for your frustrations. As someone who knows many people (patients) with debilitating back problems, I can sympathize with your plight even though others here cannot. Sorry you will not be able to attend games this year. Not sure if you have tried, but would any of the handicap areas allow some options for some type of wheelchair that may be more helpful?
Many do not recognize how severe activity limiting back problems can be. Best of luck in getting some relief.

Give it another 20-30yrs and I bet those people making fun of those with back issues will be singing another tune.

Filling

Recovered Workaholic

All of the ADA sections have regular seats (with full backs) for those with non-wheelchair type disabilities. (They come with cupholders, too.)

Look at the fourth picture down on Stefan's photos from yesterday:

http://sportsblogs.s...l#storylink=cpy

I'd recommend perryfrog email Chip Heiss at the TCU Ticket Office.

His email is c.heiss@tcu.edu or via the ticket office at tickets@tcu.edu.

I found him to be very helpful (and responsive) dealing with ADA and related issues.

dweller

All of the ADA sections have regular seats (with full backs) for those with non-wheelchair type disabilities. (They come with cupholders, too.)

I found him to be very helpful (and responsive) dealing with ADA and related issues.
If he can't get help there email CDC. I bet he gets called within 24 hours or less. I have found CDC to be vary willing to talk with Alumni and fans.

Boomhauer

If he can't get help there email CDC. I bet he gets called within 24 hours or less. I have found CDC to be vary willing to talk with Alumni and fans.

Agreed. CDC is the man. He goes out of his way to contact TCU fans with concerns/questions. Ran into him in New Orleans at the Final Four and thanked him for doing just that. TCU is very lucky to have him.

Virginia Frog

Agreed. CDC is the man. He goes out of his way to contact TCU fans with concerns/questions. Ran into him in New Orleans at the Final Four and thanked him for doing just that. TCU is very lucky to have him.
What's he doing at the Final Four??? Vacation maybe...

Couldn't been on TCU basketball business - like TCU's athletic management really needs to know about the operations of the Final Four - no way in this world or next that a Frog bb squad gets to sniff those heights!

Back to page 20 of the seat pad "discussion." This thread has been real entertainment. Continue the bickering...

perryfrog

Well, you can read CDC's comments regarding cushions on this week's "Notes on a Scorecard". They will
evaluate this situation after this season. I'm afraid that this policy is going to effect, to a great extent, older fans.
One way to get rid of the "blue hairs". GO FROGS!!!

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
STADIUM SEATS/CUSHIONS
I have received numerous emails and phone calls regarding the policy about no personal stadium seat/cushions being allowed. Thank you for your comments, both for and against. We will continue to monitor the feedback and review the policy, as always, at the end of the season. Believe it or not, this policy has been around for many years. However, we've been consistently inconsistent in its enforcement since we had the space to spread out. We'll now have sellouts for all our games. Physical limitations requiring back support are valid, as are the comments about cushions taking up the space of other fans trying to enjoy the game. Unfortunately, our lower bowl does not have the space requirements that allow for cushions with backs. While one fan has the enjoyment of the back, another has "their" space occupied by someone's cushion. Our goal is to provide an enjoyable game day for all fans.

We wanted the seats on the east side but couldn't get those so we were sure to get bench back seats. Unfortunate the stadium is not all seats and bench seat backs.

Boomhauer

We wanted the seats on the east side but couldn't get those so we were sure to get bench back seats. Unfortunate the stadium is not all seats and bench seat backs.

Agreed. Wonder what the additional cost would have been to install bench backs on every row.

tcumaniac

Not having bench backs on the the lower bowl of the west side is unacceptable IMO. Those are some of the most expensive scholarship seats.

joejordan

Not having bench backs on the the lower bowl of the west side is unacceptable IMO. Those are some of the most expensive scholarship seats.

LOL. What does 'unacceptable' mean to you? You don't 'accept' it? LOL. You think those seats will go unsold? Organize the pitchfork and torch rebellion at the ticket office. Wear your new sneakers.

tcumaniac

LOL. What does 'unacceptable' mean to you? You don't 'accept' it? LOL. You think those seats will go unsold? Organize the pitchfork and torch rebellion at the ticket office. Wear your new sneakers.

Lol. Crunch. Okay. "unacceptable" may not have been the best term to use, but stupid may be a better one. Sure, all the seats were sold, but it makes no sense that TCU would build the kind of stadium they did and not have bench backs for those seats. And to add to the stupidity, they completely got rid of any options for having some kind of back support.

No. This doesn't affect me whatsoever, so why am I STILL [Rod Gilmore] -ing about stuff? I guess it's because stupidity really annoys me. And not giving those seats bench backs was just plain stupid.

joejordan

Why did the car companies not install seat belts in all models soon after they were invented and the benefits demonstrated? Same question for air bags? Some call it stupid, but millions of cars would still be sold. And enjoyed. Eventually the feds stepped in and required them, much to the chagrin of overpopulation advocates everywhere! We MUST thin the herd!