• The KillerFrogs

Leave your "personal seat cushions" at home.

horseman903

Received season tickets today in an elaborate package which contains a list of "prohibited actions and items," among which are seat cushions and video cameras. Video cameras in your iPhone? Seat cushions you bought at the bookstore?

"Cans filled with contents" are prohibited.

We're cautioned that "kicking objects" and sitting in the aisles won't be tolerated. Shucks!

TCU's prohibition of umbrellas is quaint but has some rationale and we've lived with it a long time. However a rule forbidding seat cushions seems too much.

The ticket package includes an advertising-packed booket containing absolutely nothing you didn't already know.
It's all about money now.

West Coast Johnny

Received season tickets today in an elaborate package which contains a list of "prohibited actions and items," among which are seat cushions and video cameras. Video cameras in your iPhone? Seat cushions you bought at the bookstore?

We're cautioned that "kicking objects" and sitting in the aisles won't be tolerated. Shucks!

TCU's prohibition of umbrellas is quaint but has some rationale and we've lived with it a long time. However a rule forbidding seat cushions seems too much.

The ticket package includes an advertising-packed booket containing absolutely nothing you didn't already know.
There's more rules at a TCU game then there are in the Champaign room of a gentlemen's club.

NateTCU

Everyone of those rules comes from some idiot taking advantage of a "loop hole." (S)He probably is some fat person that brought a seat cushion wider than the standard 26" per seat, and displaced his/her neighbors. So now no one gets to bring a seat cushion, because it is easier to just ban outside seat cushions than tell the one moron that their seat cushion is too big (because you know they will make a scene).

El Froggo

Everyone of those rules comes from some idiot taking advantage of a "loop hole." (S)He probably is some fat person that brought a seat cushion wider than the standard 26" per seat, and displaced his/her neighbors. So now no one gets to bring a seat cushion, because it is easier to just ban outside seat cushions than tell the one moron that their seat cushion is too big (because you know they will make a scene).

How big would roddog's seat cushion need to be?!

BWDFROG

I know I'll love the new stadium, BUT, having to move from the upper deck 50yrd line, 8th row, to the 10 yd line upper deck, paying approx. 36% more for my ticket, and now if I want a seat cushion, I have to rent one. Since I'm going just to watch a football game, I think I'll miss the old stadium. Yes it is all about money. Soon, some fans will finally have enough.

ShinerFrog

Tailgating Command Unit

I actually called to see if it was a complete ban of all cushions on just the 'chair like' ones. I was told it was all cushions and the reason given was exactly the above. Last year they had some people bringing in oversized cushions displacing their neighbors. Rather than put a size limit, it was a complete ban.

I did compliment them on the tickets presentation, I like the notebook they are in, it makes it easier to keep track of all the tickets.

One month from tomorrow......can't wait..........

tcumaniac

Yes it is all about money. Soon, some fans will finally have enough.

I've been saying this all along. But at this point, I'm a student that will have great seats and great opponents to watch, so I'll just enjoy it now and [Rod Gilmore] when I graduate

NateTCU

I actually called to see if it was a complete ban of all cushions on just the 'chair like' ones. I was told it was all cushions and the reason given was exactly the above. Last year they had some people bringing in oversized cushions displacing their neighbors. Rather than put a size limit, it was a complete ban.

I did compliment them on the tickets presentation, I like the notebook they are in, it makes it easier to keep track of all the tickets.

They should also ban fat people from sitting in one and a half seats. They have a standard seat there with lasers on the edge of the seat, if you can't sit in it without breaking the plane of the laser then you have to buy the seat next to you (if it is not available, because we sold out then you can't come in. Next year you buy two seats.)

Get Your Frogs Up

Well damn - whoever those people are just ruined my favorite and most convenient way to bring booze into the game.

Evlo59

I tend to agree. We have a gorgeous new facility (unless you read Native's post) we are going to be watching some awesome football. I think folks are being a bit nit picky... there is nothing wrong with any of the rules mentioned.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
I tend to agree. We have a gorgeous new facility (unless you read Native's post) we are going to be watching some awesome football. I think folks are being a bit nit picky... there is nothing wrong with any of the rules mentioned.

Yeah, but what about the older ladies with hemorroids?