• The KillerFrogs

Leave your "personal seat cushions" at home.

pcf

Where much of college football already resides. Think about it.....those 'scholarship contributions' required for many ticket purchases are nothing more than PSLs. The nickel-and-dime stuff were talking about here is already built into the high ticket prices of NFL games (because NFL teams wouldn't be caught dead with bench seating). And what's FrogVision and LHN (among others) but the NFL Sunday Ticket on a smaller scale?

You what this is like? The airlines. back in the day, you bought your ticket, dropped off your bags, sat in your seat, ate your free meal and drank your complimentary soft drink. Now, everything is its own little separate fee. People bitched to high heaven, then adjusted. They pack a little lighter, eat and drink a little less. The airlines get their revenue bump, just less than they might have wished, and people get where they want to go.

Well, that's a dark, dreary, and depressing way to look at it. If entertainment is as appealing as air travel, prices will come down soon.

Huge increase in demand, small decrease in supply.

Let's just hope it isn't a short term spike that disrupts the real market.

Deep Purple

1. Deep, who is paid by TCU to come on and do "damage control."
Been saying this for a while now, but it still eludes some people.

You see, this is the tragedy of ADHD, which has affected so much of our younger generation in these modern times. The upshot is short attention span and limited reasoning ability.

For example, according to these two young people, TCU pays me to come on this board to spout the company line. Except in this case, the TCU company line is apparently: 1) People have a legit complaint about the seatbacks, 2) Griping about it on this board does no good, 3) You should redirect your complaint to TCU decision-makers who can do something about it.

This is exactly what I've been saying for the last few pages. Maniac and Bonner seem to believe TCU has been paying me to say it.

Anybody else buy that?

asleep003

That's why double personnel are needed. Add an additional task like measuring personal seatbacks to meet a size restriction, and TCU has to add even more event personnel for that task. That's a revenue loss, as well as an added delay to stadium entry.

Wrong. As expressed in a previous post, the security bag checkers are already looking for several items... and after measuring a dozen seat backs, they'll be able to eyeball the ones that need to be measured. After that 1st game, you won't be seeing them having to measure many except for the visitors big ones on their first trip here. There won't be one more personnel checker required.

Cheers !

fanatical frog

Wrong. As expressed in a previous post, the security bag checkers are already looking for several items... and after
measuring a dozen seat backs they'll be able to eyeball the ones that need to be measured. After the 1st game, you won't be seeing them having to measure many except for the visitors big ones on their first trip here. There won't be one more personnel checker required.

Cheers !

Probably right. They manage to get 100,000 or so fans into DKR while checking cushions....there's no reason they couldn't do it at AGCS except for the fact they just don't want to.

Deep Purple

Wrong. As expressed in a previous post, the security bag checkers are already looking for several items... and after measuring a dozen seat backs, they'll be able to eyeball the ones that need to be measured. After that 1st game, you won't be seeing them having to measure many except for the visitors big ones on their first trip here. There won't be one more personnel checker required.

Cheers !

Assumption on your part -- and wrongly assumed. Stadium entry is already slow enough in high-traffic times. They're not going to further slow it. I can promise you, if they add an extra task at the gates, TCU will add extra personnel.

Deep Purple

Probably right. They manage to get 100,000 or so fans into DKR while checking cushions....there's no reason they couldn't do it at AGCS except for the fact they just don't want to.

Missed the point. Whether they can do it not isn't the issue. The issue is whether will they need more personnel to do it in order to keep the crowd inflow moving at a reasonable pace.

fanatical frog

Missed the point. Whether they can do it not isn't the issue. The issue is whether will they need more personnel to do it in order to keep the crowd inflow moving at a reasonable pace.

You missed the point......they don't want to add personnel (assuming they really need to ) because they'd rather not add overhead cost....IOW....they don't want to.

50FT FROG

deep, you could just let this go ......... probably less stress/more happiness ... but that's just me.

btw, i believe everything i have ever seen on the internet.

Deep Purple

You missed the point......they don't want to add personnel (assuming they really need to ) because they'd rather not add overhead cost....IOW....they don't want to.

Nah, you're still not getting it. "Want to" doesn't enter into it. It's what has to be done to make things work. There are a lot of things they're doing right now that they don't want to, but they have to.

researchfrog

You see, this is the tragedy of ADHD, which has affected so much of our younger generation in these modern times. The upshot is short attention span and limited reasoning ability.

For example, according to these two young people, TCU pays me to come on this board to spout the company line. Except in this case, the TCU company line is apparently: 1) People have a legit complaint about the seatbacks, 2) Griping about it on this board does no good, 3) You should redirect your complaint to TCU decision-makers who can do something about it.

This is exactly what I've been saying for the last few pages. Maniac and Bonner seem to believe TCU has been paying me to say it.

Anybody else buy that?

No. I'm surprised they haven't terminated your employment for what you do here, since most employers have expansive social media policies. But leave it to TCU to be a step behind.

(This isn't personal and the same statement could apply to any of the non-professor TCU employees that post here.)

leofrog

Anybody else buy that?
Deep, keep up the good work. People want to believe or hear only what they want!!

joejordan

No. I'm surprised they haven't terminated your employment for what you do here, since most employers have expansive social media policies. But leave it to TCU to be a step behind.

(This isn't personal and the same statement could apply to any of the non-professor TCU employees that post here.)

Why? Is there a problem?

researchfrog

Why? Is there a problem?

If you look at the extent to which Deep posts on matters related to TCU, including financial matters, and how some posters, like Maniac, can easily get confused and see him as a mouthpiece for TCU, it appears that Deep would be transgressing a typical employer social media policy. Since it's TCU, I doubt they have a policy.

joejordan

If you look at the extent to which Deep posts on matters related to TCU, including financial matters, and how some posters, like Maniac, can easily get confused and see him as a mouthpiece for TCU, it appears that Deep would be transgressing a typical employer social media policy. Since it's TCU, I doubt they have a policy.

I'm not sure I've ever seen Deep Purple share anything about TCU that has remotely shed a bad light on the University. I think that is the primary objective of corporate social network policies, the avoid the unwanted bad publicity. Of course to avoid potential legal issues, as well, but we are not even approaching that.

researchfrog

Corporate social media policies aren't just about avoiding bad publicity, they are also about controlling the message. I have never seen a corporate social media policy that does not require all employees to refer all questions about the employer to the P.R., marketing, or legal department or some other official spokesperson.

Tsfardiim

Corporate social media policies aren't just about avoiding bad publicity, they are also about controlling the message. I have never seen a corporate social media policy that does not require all employees to refer all questions about the employer to the P.R., marketing, or legal department or some other official spokesperson.

For mine, it depends on the nature of the question. Obviously, I cannot disclose confidential our proprietary info, but otherwise the only requirement is that I disclose that I am an employee of the company, before discussing the company. But I am permitted to discuss anything else without referring someone to P.R. or Legal.

Ron Swanson

Just get one of these like on Deadliest Catch, only make it 18".....

measure-crab11-300x214.jpg