• The KillerFrogs

Lariats 2010

So you have to be in a Frat...... Then what is the next step in the selection process?? Is this a IFC represented Frat situation? Or are the Latin and Brother Frats allowed to participate as well?
No I think only a few of the frats - probably the hickish ones even have guys in it. For all I know they could all be from the same frat.

YA

No offense but the Lariats organization looks like it is for the gays. Do we really need some [Cowherd]rs in cowboy hats acting like fools on the sidelines? I am there to watch the game and check out the cheerleaders. Not see some drunk [Cowherd] acting an [Gary Danielson] on the sideline.
+1

A lot of my fraternity brothers were in the lariats and to a man, they only cared about being on the field, nothing else. No, I wasn't invited b/c dressing up like a cowboy isn't my scene and it was the early 1990's, not the 1950's stockyards cowboy stereotype that I do not like or relate too.

YA

No I think only a few of the frats - probably the hickish ones even have guys in it. For all I know they could all be from the same frat.
In the early 1990's it was mainly my fraternity, Phi Delta Theta and the Kappa Sigs that made up the lariats. The Kappa Sigs were the Texas guys and the Phi Delts were the old money urban guys who had family ranches.

Tsfardiim

I don't want to upset anyone, but I always thought it was kind of dumb, whether they were "Lariats" or "Rangers". I don't think either adds much top the game day experience. I'd rather have the Garvins and Jason Lasiker working the horn, and doubt I would notice whether they were guys in western shirts on the field, at all. I prefer to watch the game (with the occasional glance at the cheerleaders and showgirls).

PurplePainD

I gotta say, the Horns are on to something with those aszless chaps their "show girls" wear.

And no, I don't want Lariats wearing aszless chaps, but what about the showgirl captains or something? It could be another level within their hierarchy. Surely we can get a dually donated for them to drive.

JM.02

jake102

Sounds dumb... Rangers or Lariats. We aren't a bunch of cowboys. TCU is in the middle of an urban area that has a population of 8 million people with the majority of our students coming from DFW, Houston, San Antonio or Austin... not Farm Road 12

BelushiBob

Thats BS. That kinda crap might have slid by during the lean years. But letting a select few get on the field now..... If it is going to represent the school then it needs to represent all of the school. Not the non talent [Craig James] clowns segment. Make the worthless [Craig James] punks tryout or something

Thats BS. That kinda crap might have slid by during the lean years. But letting a select few get on the field now..... If it is going to represent the school then it needs to represent all of the school. Not the non talent [Craig James] clowns segment. Make the worthless [Craig James] punks tryout or something
Did you read YA's post? I was exactly right. Phi Delt and Kappa Sig

Goo

Judging by the number of frat daddy's I saw wearing purple knee high cowboy boots, pearl snaps, and cowboy hats at Rose Bowl and SAE tailgate, I think the elite feats are still into western gameday wear and are ready to reignite Lariats like a Phoenix from the ashes!

All of you GDI's and phi-caps on here from Arlington have no idea what is going on and should never be allowed to speak the hallowed word LARIAT.

smredd

Fine. But the let the selection process be fair and open. Let the brother and latin frats in it to. Unless you have a problem with that?

The selection process would be fair and open. It is a tradition and no offense to the Latin and non-IFC organizations, but yall are not traditional in the fraternity world or TCU. I say bring back the lariats and let the good times roll, fall, puke, and bring in the tail

Frog Attack II

Stupid.... do what sells tickets... good football & chicks.

Change out the dudes for some more girls on the field (who know that they will get TV time, website time, youtube time, etc.) and watch ticket sales go up. Sure - put them in chaps. We need more dudes on the field like Baylor needs more delusional fans.

Think recruiting! Cheerleaders, Showgirls, and the Lady Lariats (or whatever).

Good Lord - why is this even being discussed?