• The KillerFrogs

Justin Manning

HFrog1999

Geeze. I was afraid that A&M would start to pick up more talent now that they were in the SEC, but I expected them to lose so many games it would balance out over time. Winning in the SEC? Crap. Add a Heisman to that? Crap, crap.

If this keeps on going this way for them, this SEC move will have been the single best thing A&M ever did.
That may be because you fell for the ESPN Marketing ploy of the SEC being a better league. Top to bottom the Big 12 is a tougher league than the SEC. A&M proved that this year. They couldn't do anything in the Big 12 for years, then they go to the SEC and win 10 games.

Yeah, they beat Alabama. That's a good win. However, the rest of their wins included SMU, La Tech, SC St, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Auburn, Miss State, Sam Houston State and Missouri. So freaking what.

The SEC is vastly over rated because ESPN has invested massively in them. The "National Championship" argument is silly because the BCS system is a farce. Last year 2 SEC teams played so that proves nothing. The year before, Auburn cheated and TCU was still the better team.

A&M will win in the SEC because they have Texas talent in an over rated league.

SwissArmyFrog

Manning has cast a jaundiced eye toward OU and TCU, ever since his OU big brother played a prank on him while wearing a purple shirt. Told him it was cinnamon, but it was that nasty Oklahoma red dirt.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-28926-1354297872-1.gif

berryfrog95

I've got nothing against Aggie...very cool atmosphere if you're a kid...can't blame him for being excited about the fans and SEC. However, I didn't realize they were loaded with young DT talent, begs the question who is counseling him.

agreed....

probably an A&M constituant....

Ticket

seriously...do we really need a guy that NEEDS to have this big of a show around him choosing a VERBAL???

Friggin prima donna!

jake102

Yeah, they beat Alabama. That's a good win. However, the rest of their wins included SMU, La Tech, SC St, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Auburn, Miss State, Sam Houston State and Missouri. So freaking what.

If you want to get mad, look at aTm's schedule next year. They don't play Georgia, So Carolina or Florida.

Their OOC is Rice, Sam Houston, SMU and New Mexico.

They play 8 games at home.

If they don't win 10 games, Sumlin should be on the hot seat. Literally the only games they have a legitimate shot at losing are Alabama and LSU. Every other game is a 98% or greater win.

SnoSki

If you want to get mad, look at aTm's schedule next year. They don't play Georgia, So Carolina or Florida.

If they don't win 10 games, Sumlin should be on the hot seat. Literally the only games they have a legitimate shot at losing are Alabama and LSU. Every other game is a 98% or greater win.

SEC scheduling is a big reason why the story of SECSECSEC dominance is overblown. It's exactly why the Big 12 needs this as well. With a full round-robin slate the teams beat each other up and your conference looks weak, even though someone has to lose.

The Pac 12 finally wised up to this a few years ago.

tcujsauce

Bold 2013 Prediction:

Aggy goes 0-fer in OOC, then sweeps SEC schedule. All hell breaks loose.

4640325433_eee0c09971_o.gif

rifram09

That may be because you fell for the ESPN Marketing ploy of the SEC being a better league. Top to bottom the Big 12 is a tougher league than the SEC. A&M proved that this year. They couldn't do anything in the Big 12 for years, then they go to the SEC and win 10 games.

The SEC is vastly over rated because ESPN has invested massively in them. The "National Championship" argument is silly because the BCS system is a farce. Last year 2 SEC teams played so that proves nothing. The year before, Auburn cheated and TCU was still the better team.

A&M will win in the SEC because they have Texas talent in an over rated league.

I tend to agree with you. But that is the TCU/B12 storyline. The SEC doesn't have to do any convincing, they just flash around their bling. Their scheduling fraud is really only such a fraud now that there are 14 teams. They added one to the middle (A&M) and one to the bottom (mizzou). The real issue is that the top of both leagues can dodge each other while beating up on the weaklings. It wasn't this bad with only 12 teams. If/when they start to lose big games, people will start to question their schedule and the house of cards will crumble and bring them back down to reality.

The B1G was in their position not long ago. its all cyclical.

TCURiggs

He's on the radio down here every week in Houston, he's a pretty cool dude. I want to hate him, but I like him

I could see that. He reminds me of Mike Tomlin. Not just because he's black, which I know some of you clowns will throw out there, but because he seems to have a cool, laid back personality that young guys can relate to. Laid back for the most part but can get fired up and has a good time on the field.

TronCarter

Can't hate A&M too much because it makes my dad happy. And they were my favorite team growing up.

But it doesn't mean I like them having the arguably the best recruiter in the state and getting players I really want. Damn it.

TCURiggs

Can't hate A&M too much because it makes my dad happy. And they were my favorite team growing up.

But it doesn't mean I like them having the arguably the best recruiter in the state and getting players I really want. Damn it.

I'm in the same boat. My Dad is an Aggie so that's what I knew in my younger years, and pretty much everyone in my wife's family is an Aggie. Not to mention a few of my best friends from childhood. Having all of that Aggie love around me has been awful lately though. It's like being beaten over the head with a rainbow.

SnoopFrogs11

We can't freak out about one big time recruit not coming to TCU. At least we Devonte the Big 12 Defensive Freshmen of the Year. He turned a that four star RB from UT to TCU.