• The KillerFrogs

Join the KF.C college football pick-em league. It's free!

jake102

SnoSki said:

If you go back to the original post it's said vs the spread all along. I didn't change anything.

I think yahoo messed up early last week. What I think happened, is yahoo was late in assigning lines to all of the games. If you made you picks on Tuesday, the entire slate of games was marked with "-" as the line. I made my picks on Thursday and every game had either a spread showing or "off."

Pretty ridiculous that you'd accuse me of cheating in a just for fun game. Sheesh.

Take it easy man.

Plus I just looked and somehow I'm tied for 4th and only two picks behind the leader. Maybe I will just pretend it's Pick-em the rest of the way and let the spreads fall where they may

jake102

SnoSki said:
I'm not sure how so many of you thought it was just picking the winner... the third sentence in the original post says "against the spread."

When we did this a year or two ago, it was straight pick-em. I assumed nothing had changed. Live and learn

Carry on.

Purp

SnoSki said:

If you go back to the original post it's said vs the spread all along. I didn't change anything.

I think yahoo messed up early last week. What I think happened, is yahoo was late in assigning lines to all of the games. If you made you picks on Tuesday, the entire slate of games was marked with "-" as the line. When I made my picks on Thursday, every game had either a spread showing or "off."

Pretty ridiculous that you'd accuse me of cheating in a just for fun game. Sheesh.
I think you edited the original post.  ;-)

I think you're right.  I locked my picks in early and never looked back.  I may have read something in the welcome e-mail from Yahoo about it being straight up too, but I can't remember and I deleted it as soon as I got logged in.  Either way, I'm on it like flies on poo now.  You won't have to look over your shoulder for long to see me.

Ron Swanson

SnoSki said:

I think yahoo messed up early last week. What I think happened, is yahoo was late in assigning lines to all of the games. If you made you picks on Tuesday, the entire slate of games was marked with "-" as the line. When I made my picks on Thursday, every game had either a spread showing or "off."

Cheater, IMO

tcumaniac

Yeah... I thought it was clearly just a pick-em... II made my picks on Thursday and there were no spreads. Oh well, I guess

Purp

Ron Swanson said:
I assumed spreads were involved because it very clearly stated in the OP that the games were to be picked against the spread.

But that's just me
Overachiever, IMO.

TCUdirtbag

Yeah, sorry SnoSki, I must've tl;dr'ed the OP.  Thought it was straight picks.  Didn't see anything in the group itself indicating otherwise.  There were definitely no spreads on yahoo when I made my picks.  

Ron Swanson

Yeah I downloaded the Yahoo Fantasy app and I can't find the pick 'em on there.

I guess you have to do it through the regular ol' internet?

SnoSki

jewstfrogit said:
Yeah, sorry SnoSki, I must've tl;dr'ed the OP.  Thought it was straight picks.  Didn't see anything in the group itself indicating otherwise.  There were definitely no spreads on yahoo when I made my picks.  

Sometimes yahoo is slow to get lines posted.

That said, lines have now been posted, so I am bumping this thread to remind everyone... GET YOUR PICKS IN!

Purp

Is it just me or are about half of the spreads this week way too large?  I'm even surprised a couple teams who are favored to win aren't 7+ point dogs.  I'm sure I'll take a beating for it on Sunday, but I've got an inordinately large number of teams covering the spread that shouldn't just b/c it seems unreasonably high.

tcufrogprince1

I thought the spreads were pretty fair. Im not going to blame anyone on it, like some people on here, but I thought it was straight up too.  My first week sucked.  Now I am 2nd.  Eat crow suckers.

Frog-in-law1995

tcufrogprince1 said:
I thought the spreads were pretty fair. Im not going to blame anyone on it, like some people on here, but I thought it was straight up too.  My first week sucked.  Now I am 2nd.  Eat crow suckers.
They drop the low week.