• The KillerFrogs

Join the KF.C college football pick-em league. It's free!

SnoSki

More Frogs the Better said:
I'm in.  We are doing the top 25 but I didn't see the A&M/USC game?

Usually yahoo doesn't list thursday games so that everyone can get their picks in on Friday without forgetting someone. Occasionally you'll see a friday night game on there. 99% of their picks they provide will be Saturdays.

TCUdirtbag

I get turning on the settings so it auto picks top 25 and big 12 games and am not complaining:  But it stinks early in the year because there are so many mismatches in the top 25 while there are other competitive games ---- Penn St/UCF, Ole Miss/Boise, A&M/SCAR, Rutgers/Wash St., Tenn/Utah St --- would be good ones to throw in the mix.

SnoSki

jewstfrogit said:
I get turning on the settings so it auto picks top 25 and big 12 games and am not complaining:  But it stinks early in the year because there are so many mismatches in the top 25 while there are other competitive games ---- Penn St/UCF, Ole Miss/Boise, A&M/SCAR, Rutgers/Wash St., Tenn/Utah St --- would be good ones to throw in the mix.
I agree. I wish I could just pick and choose all of the games myself. That said, the bad games usually shake out in 2-3 weeks.

Also adding a spread helps make these early games tougher. I mean, everyone expects to see ohio state beat navy, but a spread is tougher now that Braxton miller is hurt.

PurplePainD

Frog-in-law1995 said:
It won't last. I didn't realize it was against the spread. Now you're in big, big trouble.

wTyor5z.gif

Purp

Frog-in-law1995 said:
It won't last. I didn't realize it was against the spread. Now you're in big, big trouble.
This got me too.  I thought we were picking games straight up.  Did it change to a spread after I made my picks or was it always based on a spread and I just didn't pay very good attention?  I lost a lot of points that I thought I picked correctly.  

Had the scoring gone as I thought it was going to go I'd have gotten a point for UCLA, Alabama, Oklahoma, Fla St., LSU, and Washington.  Had I been picking against the spread I would have picked UVA, LT, OSU, Hawaii, and Wisconsin to beat the spread.  That would tie me for the lead so I'm going to go ahead and pull a Tech/Aggie move and illegitimately claim a share of the title for this week.

TCURiggs

Purp said:
This got me too.  I thought we were picking games straight up.  Did it change to a spread after I made my picks or was it always based on a spread and I just didn't pay very good attention?  I lost a lot of points that I thought I picked correctly.

Same here. I had no idea it was against the spread... didn't see the lines when I was picking.

Purp

TCURiggs said:

Same here. I had no idea it was against the spread... didn't see the lines when I was picking.
I think SnoSki is moving the goal posts on us mid-game.  What's crazy is it still didn't help him.  He's only a game ahead of me and he was playing by different rules.

SnoSki

Purp said:

Had the scoring gone as I thought it was going to go I'd have gotten a point for UCLA, Alabama, Oklahoma, Fla St., LSU, and Washington.  Had I been picking against the spread I would have picked UVA, LT, OSU, Hawaii, and Wisconsin to beat the spread.  That would tie me for the lead so I'm going to go ahead and pull a Tech/Aggie move and illegitimately claim a share of the title for this week.

TCURiggs said:

Jake102 said:
I thought it was straight pick-em also.

Purp said:
I think SnoSki is moving the goal posts on us mid-game.  What's crazy is it still didn't help him.  He's only a game ahead of me and he was playing by different rules.

If you go back to the original post it's said vs the spread all along. I didn't change anything.

I think yahoo messed up early last week. What I think happened, is yahoo was late in assigning lines to all of the games. If you made you picks on Tuesday, the entire slate of games was marked with "-" as the line. When I made my picks on Thursday, every game had either a spread showing or "off."

Pretty ridiculous that you'd accuse me of cheating in a just for fun game. Sheesh.

Latest posts