• The KillerFrogs

It's official: Big 10 to postpone, attempt to restart in spring

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
If we had an infectious disease or immunologist panel of doctors advising us or advising conferences, we'd be told to not do anything for another year and to never shake hands with somebody again.

No thanks.

What do you think these doctors would be recommending if their recommendations to shut things down, social distance, and wear masks came with the caveat that THEY lose their jobs and have no income for 2-3 years? I'm sick of people that don't stand to lose hardly anything through this charade lecturing on how other people should live.
He was employed because he gave them the answers they wanted in order to cover their asses.

HFrog1999

tenor.gif

BrewingFrog

If the Big 12 has the guts to be bold, we could capitalize on their hysterical over reaction
I wonder about the geometry of such a scenario...

For a while now, there has been smoke about the breakup of the PAC and a merging with the B12. Geographically, that makes sense. Time Zone wise, it makes sense. P5 (Becoming P4) wise, it makes sense. I believe there was likely a glide path coming together for this to happen in some way.

Then, suddenly, a Black Swan event like this heaves a monkey-wrench into all these delicate machinations. Nebraska! If the B12 takes them in, it pretty much blows up the potential merging with the PAC. I am reminded of the Patton maxim: "A good plan executed NOW is better than a great plan executed LATER." I am sure the phone lines between Lincoln and Grand Prairie are getting near white-hot.

I don't think the SEC is a possibility, due to having 14 members already. They have repeatedly stated that they are comfortable with this size and footprint. And, while there is good history between their programs, the geographical stretch was bad enough with Mizzou. Nebraska is right out.

LisaLT

So if the Big10 and Pac12 have spring games, then what happens in the fall of 2021? It would seem that either you play with the rest of the P5 group or u have to wait until next fall. There would be no playoffs or championship. How’s this really going to work for them especially if the 3 other P5 conferences play this fall?

HFrog1999

So if the Big10 and Pac12 have spring games, then what happens in the fall of 2021? It would seem that either you play with the rest of the P5 group or u have to wait until next fall. There would be no playoffs or championship. How’s this really going to work for them especially if the 3 other P5 conferences play this fall?

Good question

I highly doubt they play in the Spring

Eight

not sure how they have spring games and then follow that with the fall season

Putt4Purple

I wonder about the geometry of such a scenario...

For a while now, there has been smoke about the breakup of the PAC and a merging with the B12. Geographically, that makes sense. Time Zone wise, it makes sense. P5 (Becoming P4) wise, it makes sense. I believe there was likely a glide path coming together for this to happen in some way.

Then, suddenly, a Black Swan event like this heaves a monkey-wrench into all these delicate machinations. Nebraska! If the B12 takes them in, it pretty much blows up the potential merging with the PAC. I am reminded of the Patton maxim: "A good plan executed NOW is better than a great plan executed LATER." I am sure the phone lines between Lincoln and Grand Prairie are getting near white-hot.

I don't think the SEC is a possibility, due to having 14 members already. They have repeatedly stated that they are comfortable with this size and footprint. And, while there is good history between their programs, the geographical stretch was bad enough with Mizzou. Nebraska is right out.

I'm not sure where the smoke you've seen is coming from but I've never heard of any kind of merger between the PAC 12 and BIG 12 other than maybe a school or 2 being poached from the PAC 12 to the BIG 12. Whatever is causing you to see smoke please stop for health reasons.

BrewingFrog

I'm not sure where the smoke you've seen is coming from but I've never heard of any kind of merger between the PAC 12 and BIG 12 other than maybe a school or 2 being poached from the PAC 12 to the BIG 12. Whatever is causing you to see smoke please stop for health reasons.
But it's good stuff, man!

Mean Purple

If the Big 12 has the guts to be bold, we could capitalize on their hysterical over reaction
Warren is full of [ Finebaum ]. He is now feeling serious pressure. You can bet he convinced those school presidents that all other conferences would shut down. Now they are getting heat like they have never seen and he knows they are gonna come looking for his head on the bcrat platter. If just one of the P5 conference puts foot to ball and starts off the season, he's royally screwed.