• The KillerFrogs

It's official: Big 10 to postpone, attempt to restart in spring

Mean Purple

So if the Big10 and Pac12 have spring games, then what happens in the fall of 2021? It would seem that either you play with the rest of the P5 group or u have to wait until next fall. There would be no playoffs or championship. How’s this really going to work for them especially if the 3 other P5 conferences play this fall?
They are not playing in the spring. If they play again before next fall, it would only be if they reversed course and played this fall. The whole spring claim is just cover. And just doing 4 or 5 games in the Spring and then 7 or 8 in the fall would not work well.

Moose Stuff

Warren is full of [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]. He is now feeling serious pressure. You can bet he convinced those school presidents that all other conferences would shut down. Now they are getting heat like they have never seen and he knows they are gonna come looking for his head on the bcrat platter. If just one of the P5 conference puts foot to ball and starts off the season, he's royally screwed.

Starting the season is great, but FINISHING it will be the key. If it starts and then shuts down they'll all just do a celebratory "we told you so!".

LVH

Starting the season is great, but FINISHING it will be the key. If it starts and then shuts down they'll all just do a celebratory "we told you so!".

That's what I keep saying. We are not out of the woods yet. Democrats have an election to win, and its a lot harder for them to continue to make their case that this virus is so deadly we need indefinite shutdowns, mask wearing, no political campaign rallies, and universal mail in voting. Democrats will fight tooth and nail to make sure we have no college football played

Wexahu

That's why there needs to be 100% commitment from all schools to just ignore all the noise and push through, obviously unless things get totally out of control. And by totally out of control, I don't mean an outbreak of cases on a team.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
That's what I keep saying. We are not out of the woods yet. Democrats have an election to win, and its a lot harder for them to continue to make their case that this virus is so deadly we need indefinite shutdowns, mask wearing, no political campaign rallies, and universal mail in voting. Democrats will fight tooth and nail to make sure we have no college football played
Football being played will be a huge step back towards normality, and a big blow to the "Lockdown Forever" crowd.

Eight

To quote old time movie if they just play five games "At least they gave it the old college try"

this guy has a better quote on trying one's best

TheRock_207Pyxurz.jpg

agree with wex, they need to accept what lies ahead and press on

Bob Sugar

That's why there needs to be 100% commitment from all schools to just ignore all the noise and push through, obviously unless things get totally out of control. And by totally out of control, I don't mean an outbreak of cases on a team.
Friendly reminder. This is a graph of how full the Dallas hospitals were during the great "COVID Surge" of July 2020.