• The KillerFrogs

I Guess No News On Cumbie's Interview This AM

Ron Swanson

I think Chip has a source high up at UT's athletic department and that guy tells him what he knows/thinks. Some of the stuff that guy thinks ends up being right and some stuff ends up changing or being wrong.

I'm sure that guy truly thought Saban was coming, even though Saban was likely just playing the Horns for more money at Bama.

jake102

Ron Swanson said:
I think Chip has a source high up at UT's athletic department and that guy tells him what he knows/thinks. Some of the stuff that guy thinks ends up being right and some stuff ends up changing or being wrong.

I'm sure that guy truly thought Saban was coming, even though Saban was likely just playing the Horns for more money at Bama.
Yep, my take also. Chip reports what he hears but his source isn't at the top..just a step or two away from the big boy meetings

Moose Stuff

Ron Swanson said:

Yep. No source is gonna give you 100% accurate info all the time. Your source could be CDC or GP and they could still get stuff wrong. Things constantly change. Hell, head coaches have accepted new positions and changed their mind the next day and returned to their old job . In that instance your source could have been the actual coach involved and you still would have gotten info that ended up being wrong.

Dogfrog

Moose Stuff said:
Yep. No source is gonna give you 100% accurate info all the time. Your source could be CDC or GP and they could still get stuff wrong. Things constantly change. Hell, head coaches have accepted new positions and changed their mind the next day and returned to their old job . In that instance your source could have been the actual coach involved and you still would have gotten info that ended up being wrong.
Or he could have many lower level sources, puts 2 and 2 together and makes educated guesses. Regardless, I take every Chip Brown report as a maybe.

pastorfrog

Not to be a Chip defender, but he does not chase the click bait like other Horn sites do. And all his articles are free. He broke the Patterson dumpster fire as well as him getting canned. As was said, he was right about PAC 16, and who knows what really happened with Saban. I remember that week because Mack wouldn't step down. Mack was a real bum at the end, sore loser.

Reptilian

I think Chip is a pawn and I don't mean that as a slam. He gets used to "leak" info to the mainstream to get a vibe. I think he honestly reports what he hears and his sources are well placed but he changes directions too many times to not be getting played.

Moose Stuff

Reptilian said:
I think Chip is a pawn and I don't mean that as a slam. He gets used to "leak" info to the mainstream to get a vibe. I think he honestly reports what he hears and his sources are well placed but he changes directions too many times to not be getting played.
Considering the recent state of UT's athletic department I'll give Chip a pass on the direction changing.

OICU812

I enjoyed reading the part where Chip acknowledges that all other things being equal, TCU would be SC's first choice, and UTerus and Aggy would be at the bottom of the list.

BABYFACE

Two sides to that KP tweet: she is right with her thought. However, a big check can make up for the lack of the other.

The money offer doesn't suck, but if SC pulls the trigger, I think it would be more about being the sole caller more so than the money which is icing on the cake. If he has to share play calling duties with UT's run coordinator, I be surprised if he accepts the offer.