• The KillerFrogs

I Guess No News On Cumbie's Interview This AM

riffram2011

Moose Stuff said:
Is that even being discussed as a possibility?
Have always heard Luper and Cumbie are friends. And sounds like UT will be cleaning house on offense. It's speculation, but wouldn't surprise me if Cumbie wanted to take some people he's worked with.

Also, UT needs the recruiting help, especially on offense.

Moose Stuff

riffram2011 said:
Have always heard Luper and Cumbie are friends. And sounds like UT will be cleaning house on offense. It's speculation, but wouldn't surprise me if Cumbie wanted to take some people he's worked with.

Also, UT needs the recruiting help, especially on offense.
You sure you're not thinking of Meach? Not sure Sonny and Luper had ever met until we hired Sonny (I could be wrong).

BABYFACE

funkyfrog said:
Jeremy Clark confirms they are meeting tonight. UT is wanting a decision very quickly.
Of course they do. Big promises and money and they do not want him to really think it through. They hope he is caught up in the moment and says yes.

frognutz

Who knows, but took a look at Shaggy and pretty hilarious that their filters put %$#^& for the first three letters of Sonny's last name....

"One note on $#@!bie; if he's the guy, there are a handful of players/parents that will be fired up. The term," air it out" was used. "$#@!bie could help Heard, a Boykin 2.0." Basically, the offensive guys would be ecstatic."

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/164864-Our-next-offensive-coordinator

Moose Stuff

frognutz said:
Who knows, but took a look at Shaggy and pretty hilarious that their filters put %$#^& for the first three letters of Sonny's last name....

"One note on $#@!bie; if he's the guy, there are a handful of players/parents that will be fired up. The term," air it out" was used. "$#@!bie could help Heard, a Boykin 2.0." Basically, the offensive guys would be ecstatic."
Heard has a better chance to be Uncle Rico 2.0. Doesn't have half the arm TB does.

French Frog

This is the kind of junk Shaggy is posting.

3a01fd908dfbc00f0c5c6f55bfe4dd8a.jpg

86de36df347613fec45179ce3add19b3.jpg

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Are coordinators always signed to short term or one year contracts?  If I gave any thought about going someplace like UT, I would want long term commitment, but with the ability to opt out if a head coaching gig comes along.  Tying your wagon to a coach who is one bad season from being gone sure seems like a risky proposition.

Moose Stuff

Fred Garvin said:
Are coordinators always signed to short term or one year contracts?  If I gave any thought about going someplace like UT, I would want long term commitment, but with the ability to opt out if a head coaching gig comes along.  Tying your wagon to a coach who is one bad season from being gone sure seems like a risky proposition.
Rumored to be a three year deal from UT. Had a 2 year deal here.

tcumaniac

I'll be surprised if Cumbie leaves. Doesn't hurt to interview. But from what all I've heard, Sonny loves it here. He and his family love Fort Worth and the community of friends they've established. I think Cumbie is smart enough to realize that he's next in line here at TCU with all the recruits he's worked to bring in.

You have to think Meacham is a HC after this coming year...give Sonny one more year under Meacham to fine tune everything before he takes full reigns in 2017.

Texas is a hot mess and has shown zero signs of getting things turned around. Have another bad year next season, and Strong is gone, and Sonny might be too.

Also. If you're a rising OC, think how exciting it must be to pair your offensive game planning with a Gary Patterson defense.