• The KillerFrogs

How Many SR Host Will Lose?

I literally drive by Lupton 2-3 times a day. I've been to probably 200 games there over the years. I know we don't have the nicest stadium but today it hit me that we literally have a CUSA ballpark. It's been a great home and it's served a purpose but it's time for a complete gut/reno job or an entirely new ballpark. Even DBU has a nicer ballpark than we do. What we have is a huge roll of aluminum foil.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I was happy to see this guy fly out to end a potential game-tying rally.

You "bro up" like that and I want you to lose.

View attachment 16004
I'm with you but at least he backed it up. Had a homerun with 4 rbi yesterday and was 3-5 with a 2 run homerun and 2 runs scored tonight. Hit .353 for the year.

I don't know if you watched the whole game or not but they talked about the reason why he plays with his jersey unbuttoned. They said he sweated through his undershirt so bad during a game against the aggies that he decided to ditch the undershirt and play with his jersey unbuttoned so he can have some air flow through there.

TooColdU

While I agree those NC State uniforms were awful WV’s blue and yellow digital camo uniforms are even uglier.
CCZlQLOW8AAgfIy.jpg:large

DEJC2VVXsAAZ_SU.jpg:large

froginmn

I'm with you but at least he backed it up. Had a homerun with 4 rbi yesterday and was 3-5 with a 2 run homerun and 2 runs scored tonight. Hit .353 for the year.

I don't know if you watched the whole game or not but they talked about the reason why he plays with his jersey unbuttoned. They said he sweated through his undershirt so bad during a game against the aggies that he decided to ditch the undershirt and play with his jersey unbuttoned so he can have some air flow through there.
Yeah he had a big game. Besides the unbuttoned jersey he game to the plate bobbing his head and looking a little silly. The announcers called him "loose" which is one way to look at it.

I didn't see the early part of the game; as for that explanation, well...

Going to be a great CWS with a lot of good teams. Lots of good hitters; there haven't been many great pitching performances. I'll get down there Saturday. Going to Sunday and Monday afternoon games so I'll see Aggie or FL in an elimination game. Might see a night game too.

FrogBall09

Yeah he had a big game. Besides the unbuttoned jersey he game to the plate bobbing his head and looking a little silly. The announcers called him "loose" which is one way to look at it.

I didn't see the early part of the game; as for that explanation, well...

Going to be a great CWS with a lot of good teams. Lots of good hitters; there haven't been many great pitching performances. I'll get down there Saturday. Going to Sunday and Monday afternoon games so I'll see Aggie or FL in an elimination game. Might see a night game too.
It will be interesting since the SR round had more HRs since BBCOR I think and all those teams are about play in the hardest ballpark in college baseball to hit a HR

Either going to be a great CWS or the most boring

But only 2 conferences is bad for college baseball

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
It will be interesting since the SR round had more HRs since BBCOR I think and all those teams are about play in the hardest ballpark in college baseball to hit a HR

Either going to be a great CWS or the most boring

But only 2 conferences is bad for college baseball
They talked about that last night. They said Kentucky pretty much plays small ball and that should bode well for them in Omaha since so many of the other teams rely on the homerun.

Big Frog II

I literally drive by Lupton 2-3 times a day. I've been to probably 200 games there over the years. I know we don't have the nicest stadium but today it hit me that we literally have a CUSA ballpark. It's been a great home and it's served a purpose but it's time for a complete gut/reno job or an entirely new ballpark. Even DBU has a nicer ballpark than we do. What we have is a huge roll of aluminum foil.
Yes, we need to take out all of the seating area and redo it. It's like SMU's football stadium, cheap. Of course at the time it was built it was fine, but things have changed dramatically. We need to add more permanent seating down the baselines that are not up on a hill with obstructive views. Lastly, this stadium is in really bad shape bathroom wise. They are pathetic. This stadium needs to look like the rest of the campus, first class.

Hopefully this is our next athletic department priority.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Yes, we need to take out all of the seating area and redo it. It's like SMU's football stadium, cheap. Of course at the time it was built it was fine, but things have changed dramatically. We need to add more permanent seating down the baselines that are not up on a hill with obstructive views. Lastly, this stadium is in really bad shape bathroom wise. They are pathetic. This stadium needs to look like the rest of the campus, first class.

It might become a priority when the baseball team gets back to its winning ways.

First order of business needs to change the bump stops on the seats. The 7th inning stretch is like nails on a chalkboard when everyone stands up and you hear 2500 seats slamming at once.

NewFrogFan

I thought the area in Tenn outfield with matching canopies was pretty neat. Not sure what details are as in the spot is rented by game or season tic but it looks good on TV. Always thought the berm in RF needed some kind of shade at TCU.

The mens bathroom with one door inside stadium is WAY past needing an upgrade!

FrogBall09

If that does not happen, then what?
well - lets see - we made our last head coach promises twice that we were going to upgrade Lupton again and never did despite his appearance in 4 straight CWS' and his "attempt" to leave once before he finally did leave....

I would not hold my breath....

FrogBall09

Worth noting we were in the CWS bracket final last year.

Sheesh
so? seriously - how much do you think that run in context of the overall 3 year run under Loos buys us from the people who would put up the kind of money needed to renovate Lupton?

With the NIL group asking those same people for money every year - Loos better have a good story of how Lupton is a problem in our ability to win...

$70-80 million the pledge Schloss got from Aggy for Blue Bell and their training facilities upgrade.

What do we need - half that? and what else does ADJD have in the hopper for facilities after the athletic performance center? and is that actually paid for or is it really where we were with the East side club for a few years, building it on credit and continuing to quietly raise the rest of the money so we could not start other projects....