• The KillerFrogs

How are we feeling about the Ponies?

Horny4TCU

They'll be up for the game. The question remains, will we?

If we come out flat and not ready to rip some heads off on defense and oline play, could be a long friggin day in the Carter for all of us in Purple.

If we come out with the power of St. Bumpas, we roll. Smew might keep it close, but depth and cans of whoop arse will help us get ahead.

4 Oaks Frog

Just watched the ok smu highlights. From what I could tell, Oklahoma is a good team and smu is a pretty good team. We can run all day on both of these teams, and I hope we do. smu seems to have a soft zone, and I think Morris will be able to light them up pretty well. smu’s QB is pretty mobile and fairly accurate. We need to dial up some pressure on him. Our DB’s are faster than their receivers. With some blitz pressure and a tight coverage our D should be able to contain the My Little Ponies pretty well…I think.
GO FROGS’
BEAT MY LITTLE PONIES!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and frogk baylor!!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
If we do not have the attacking mindset (See: CO), it will be a lot more interesting than we would like.

One hopes our crack Staff will have the kids prepared this time...

FroginBedford68

I watched the entire game against Oklahoma in a hotel room.

Oklahoma is that type of offense that can run it up against the Arkansas States and Tulsas of the world but any defense with a pulse should be able to keep them in check. SMU sold out to stop the run and dared Dillon Gabriel to beat them with his arm and they(OU) were very average. Still not sold on Gabriel. Our offense is better than OU's by quite a bit especially on the ground. The SMU defense can't sell out on the run against us because our passing game is also better, with more weapons than OU

SMU offense did absolutely nothing to impress me. They don't have a big play threat to stretch the defense. Every shot they took failed. SMU was able to nickel and dime some but stalled out as the field got shorter. Their only TD drive of the night was completely penalty aided.

Stone as of right now is not as good as Mordecai. Still not sure if OU has fixed their defensive issues from a year ago but SMU looked like we did when we played there in 2008 with the Schultz offense.

Nothing I saw from SMU against OU has me thinking they should be favored over us.
Do not sleep on the Mustangs....

CardFrog

Any opponent worries me to some degree. We could easily be 3-0 and ranked around 10 in the country and we wouldn't be worried at all about SMU, when in fact we should be. As said many times before, this is their biggest game of the year each and every year.

namollec

They'll be up for the game. The question remains, will we?

If we come out flat and not ready to rip some heads off on defense and oline play, could be a long friggin day in the Carter for all of us in Purple.

If we come out with the power of St. Bumpas, we roll. Smew might keep it close, but depth and cans of whoop arse will help us get ahead.
Yeah, yeah.
No horsing around this week, Frogs.
Stomp 'em

Limey Frog

I'm starting to feel really nervous about this game. Not necessarily because anything SMU-specific other than their inevitable emotional energy at playing the cross-town program whose success is the greatest indictment of their decades of failure, but just because of what the game portends for our season. We're out of runway to tell ourselves anything that excuses inadequacies at this point. We lost on week one because there was no tape on Colorado, we made correctable mistakes, were breaking in a lot of new players, etc. All of that is true; we had a tune-up against Nicolls and looked better against Houston.

But so far, what do we know about the 2023 Horned Frogs? We're talented on paper and are better than Houston. Are we good enough to win eight games? Nine? More? We will know by mid-afternoon tomorrow. If this team can't beat SMU, it can't go better than 6-6. If it can, 8-4 is a reasonable expectation. If TCU hopes to be 9-3 or better, beating SMU handily should be a given.

DeuceBoogieNights

I'm starting to feel really nervous about this game. Not necessarily because anything SMU-specific other than their inevitable emotional energy at playing the cross-town program whose success is the greatest indictment of their decades of failure, but just because of what the game portends for our season. We're out of runway to tell ourselves anything that excuses inadequacies at this point. We lost on week one because there was no tape on Colorado, we made correctable mistakes, were breaking in a lot of new players, etc. All of that is true; we had a tune-up against Nicolls and looked better against Houston.

But so far, what do we know about the 2023 Horned Frogs? We're talented on paper and are better than Houston. Are we good enough to win eight games? Nine? More? We will know by mid-afternoon tomorrow. If this team can't beat SMU, it can't go better than 6-6. If it can, 8-4 is a reasonable expectation. If TCU hopes to be 9-3 or better, beating SMU handily should be a given.

I get what your saying and I feel similar in not knowing what this team will be, but we beat SMU by 8 last year and went to the Natty.