• The KillerFrogs

Hey Gary you suck

TCUWIN

He’ll tell us again that he will make big changes. He’ll make some minute changes that makes no difference. And we will continue to go down as a program. Or he will fire our receiver coach…since receivers were hardly the problem and have improved since he came here but not one of his guys…to show he is not against making major changes. Or he will fire the person in charge of the towel girls.

TCUWIN

Gary's MWC teams would destroy this team. Those were tough, physical teams that played hard and were well coached.

If Gary wasn't so entitled and lazy, he would be too embarrassed to coach this team. He would admit it was to leave before he tarnished his legacy too badly.

How much money does he need? How much failure can he excuse? How much can he lie to himself about his own coaching? He obviously has refused to adapt to changing offenses. He just accepts failure.

And after he gets blown out by Baylor, will he finally smell the coffee and care about his legacy? Probably not.....
Nope. He already owns the legacy because they built a statue for him. Nothing takes that away in his mind. Kill is a fool if he believes Patterson hates losing. He has become quite comfortable. And yes…those MWC teams had guys with a chip on their shoulder and pride. These higher star-rated kids have been coddled their entire life. This is viewed as a stepping stone to the NFL. No concern for wins and loses…just playing time.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Patterson does suck!!!!

He’s never been a CEO, and now he’s not even a good COO, his Defense is a joke.
He’s clueless about anything on Offense.

He’ll never go find new, up and coming, better assistants!!!

Get used to loosing seasons - they’re here to stay!!

For us, Gary’s terrible

SackLunch

Nope. He already owns the legacy because they built a statue for him. Nothing takes that away in his mind. Kill is a fool if he believes Patterson hates losing. He has become quite comfortable. And yes…those MWC teams had guys with a chip on their shoulder and pride. These higher star-rated kids have been coddled their entire life. This is viewed as a stepping stone to the NFL. No concern for wins and loses…just playing time.

The front 6 are getting whipped 75% of the time. We do not have the interior line clogging up the middle so a Ty can fill the hole!
Of course we have Lbers arm tackling or hitting them way to high. The WV missed very few tackles and took down Evans one on one
And the DL has 2 coaches! It's exactly why I feel like the DL coaches and the LB coach don't know the defense AT ALL so therefore the DL and LBers don't know the defense AT ALL and that is why we play so slow and look completely confused the whole game.

Sebastian S

Anyone watch the HBO documentary on Saban and Belichick?

Defensive coaches that somehow became good head coaches, who knew it was possible?!

Eight

If SUCK is the favorite word on this thread, illiteracy must run rampant at TCU!
Have some pride about yourself and express yourself in a dignified manner.

think what you are truly missing here is that for crypto to write a post like this about patterson means something has been broken in the universe that i fear can't be repaired.

crypto isn't a gary apologist, he is actually something much more powerful. a rational and thoughtful poster on this site compared to a great number of US (which would includes me unless i am posting about steel) and for him to be motivated to even type that title means either his liver is still recovering or as i said there has been a great disturbance in the universe

Mean Purple

Before GP, we went 40 CONSECUTIVE years not ending the season ranked. Since he has been here we have finished ranked 12 times. Yes, he is a legend. You can be frustrated for where we are (which I am tremendously), but if you don’t appreciate what he has done for us, then you have no appreciation for what TCU was before he stepped foot on campus.
Dude, we have more losing seasons in big 12 conference play than winning seasons. He is not a legend. Legends get national championships.
He was a good coach, but seems to be past his time. He got paid well. He got a statue. Done.

Mean Purple

Gary's MWC teams would destroy this team. Those were tough, physical teams that played hard and were well coached.

If Gary wasn't so entitled and lazy, he would be too embarrassed to coach this team. He would admit it was to leave before he tarnished his legacy too badly.

How much money does he need? How much failure can he excuse? How much can he lie to himself about his own coaching? He obviously has refused to adapt to changing offenses. He just accepts failure.

And after he gets blown out by Baylor, will he finally smell the coffee and care about his legacy? Probably not.....
Former players who have been to practices over the past 5 years have mentioned that he is way softer on current squads.

Pharm Frog

think what you are truly missing here is that for crypto to write a post like this about patterson means something has been broken in the universe that i fear can't be repaired.

crypto isn't a gary apologist, he is actually something much more powerful. a rational and thoughtful poster on this site compared to a great number of US (which would includes me unless i am posting about steel) and for him to be motivated to even type that title means either his liver is still recovering or as i said there has been a great disturbance in the universe

Maybe he preferred “blows”

Gary is the reason we have high expectations at TCU. Regardless we have high expectations that are not being met. This isn’t one or two bad seasons where we should give him the benefit of the doubt. This is now a long term down trend with no end in sight. We can not keep going this direction without drastic consequences. It is time for a change no more no less. Thank you Gary for all you have done for us. Now we need a new Coach and assistants to change our trajectory.

4th. down

And the DL has 2 coaches! It's exactly why I feel like the DL coaches and the LB coach don't know the defense AT ALL so therefore the DL and LBers don't know the defense AT ALL and that is why we play so slow and look completely confused the whole game.
Well, it's talent also. Chad has been here a long time but I think our LB play has gone down since GP moved him to LB coach, but it may also be the talent. Harris is way too slow to react and move. On the defensive line, do like teams in the SEC do......315 -350 lbs. @ nose and 300 lbs DE. We recruit like we still play in the MWC. These opposing OC's cannot wait to test their run game between the tackles on us.......look at the stats, almost impossible to believe. If Kansas comes to play we may have a tough time with them but we should win it and finish with 2 conf. wins for the season. It's going to be gut wrenching for the next 2 years.

SackLunch

Well, it's talent also. Chad has been here a long time but I think our LB play has gone down since GP moved him to LB coach, but it may also be the talent. Harris is way too slow to react and move. On the defensive line, do like teams in the SEC do......315 -350 lbs. @ nose and 300 lbs DE. We recruit like we still play in the MWC. These opposing OC's cannot wait to test their run game between the tackles on us.......look at the stats, almost impossible to believe. If Kansas comes to play we may have a tough time with them but we should win it and finish with 2 conf. wins for the season. It's going to be gut wrenching for the next 2 years.
Chad has been here a long time and Gary still doesn't trust him enough to develop the game plan or do anything other than be a position coach so that tells me that the best thing he does is say "yes sir" and keep his head down and mouth shut. I completely agree that our LB play has gone downhill since he took over as the LB coach which is sad bc our LB's have always been one of the best preforming position on our defense. Even when we had guys like Travin Howard who was only about 205/210 pounds but he still performed at a very high level and I think he was coached by a GA or Cross when he was the LB coach. If I'm being honest, I wish we still recruited the type of guys we recruited when we were in the MWC because those are the type of guys that this program was built on and they weren't just a bunch of chumps (Hawthorne, Blake, Henson, Carder, McDonald, Phillips, Washington, Hughes etc.) I think part of our problem now is we are trying to recruit these so called "Big 12" recruits who don't have a chip on their shoulder, don't want to spend a year or two on scout team/special teams waiting on their turn to start like guys like Carder and Henson did, can't take GP's style of coaching because they have had their a@# kissed during the whole recruiting process and are "too cool" to buy into the culture that made TCU defense the feared and respected unit it was for so long. Our LB's have always performed right up until about 3 years ago when Chad took over as LB coach. I bet Chad doesn't even stay in coaching after GP gets done and blames it on BS like the "game has changed" bc of NIL and transfer portal when the real reason is that he, just like the rest of his defensive coaches, just aren't good football coaches. They have just been riding the coattails of GP who a great defensive mind and schemer.
When it comes to the DL I still think it's because the 2 coaches (why we have 2 DL coaches still baffles me) who are coaching the unit don't know what they are doing. Bumpas coached that DL by himself for years and was able to get great DL play from subpar players. We have really good DL recruits now (according to rivals and the BS stars they put next to their names) and our DL hasn't performed well on a consistent basis in a long time. If Sharp and Fitch are good recruiters but can't game plan then why we keep both on staff is beyond me. In my opinion, nowadays, you either need to be a great recruiter and an ok game planer or a great game planer and an ok recruiter. We have neither when it comes to the DL and who is coaching the unit.
If GP wants to get this team back playing like the teams that the program was built on he needs to quit going after these "Big 12" recruits and start bringing kids that fit the program, can handle his style of coaching and want to just go rip someones head off instead of worrying about getting good pics for their next Instagram story. I mean what could it hurt? It's not like we can get much worse than what we saw against West Virginia.

You are absolutely correct about Kansas. If they come to play and we do whatever you want to call what we did on Saturday we may be taking an L from the worst team in the Big 12.

4th. down

Chad has been here a long time and Gary still doesn't trust him enough to develop the game plan or do anything other than be a position coach so that tells me that the best thing he does is say "yes sir" and keep his head down and mouth shut. I completely agree that our LB play has gone downhill since he took over as the LB coach which is sad bc our LB's have always been one of the best preforming position on our defense. Even when we had guys like Travin Howard who was only about 205/210 pounds but he still performed at a very high level and I think he was coached by a GA or Cross when he was the LB coach. If I'm being honest, I wish we still recruited the type of guys we recruited when we were in the MWC because those are the type of guys that this program was built on and they weren't just a bunch of chumps (Hawthorne, Blake, Henson, Carder, McDonald, Phillips, Washington, Hughes etc.) I think part of our problem now is we are trying to recruit these so called "Big 12" recruits who don't have a chip on their shoulder, don't want to spend a year or two on scout team/special teams waiting on their turn to start like guys like Carder and Henson did, can't take GP's style of coaching because they have had their a@# kissed during the whole recruiting process and are "too cool" to buy into the culture that made TCU defense the feared and respected unit it was for so long. Our LB's have always performed right up until about 3 years ago when Chad took over as LB coach. I bet Chad doesn't even stay in coaching after GP gets done and blames it on BS like the "game has changed" bc of NIL and transfer portal when the real reason is that he, just like the rest of his defensive coaches, just aren't good football coaches. They have just been riding the coattails of GP who a great defensive mind and schemer.
When it comes to the DL I still think it's because the 2 coaches (why we have 2 DL coaches still baffles me) who are coaching the unit don't know what they are doing. Bumpas coached that DL by himself for years and was able to get great DL play from subpar players. We have really good DL recruits now (according to rivals and the BS stars they put next to their names) and our DL hasn't performed well on a consistent basis in a long time. If Sharp and Fitch are good recruiters but can't game plan then why we keep both on staff is beyond me. In my opinion, nowadays, you either need to be a great recruiter and an ok game planer or a great game planer and an ok recruiter. We have neither when it comes to the DL and who is coaching the unit.
If GP wants to get this team back playing like the teams that the program was built on he needs to quit going after these "Big 12" recruits and start bringing kids that fit the program, can handle his style of coaching and want to just go rip someones head off instead of worrying about getting good pics for their next Instagram story. I mean what could it hurt? It's not like we can get much worse than what we saw against West Virginia.

You are absolutely correct about Kansas. If they come to play and we do whatever you want to call what we did on Saturday we may be taking an L from the worst team in the Big 12.
IMO, a good thoughtful reply Sack but I don't think it can be fixed, only with a regime change from top to bottom. You would have to be deaf, dumb, and blind to look at the last 4 years and not see all of this. Hell, Urban Meyer said on ESPN last year, "something is not right here" and he was just speaking out, not broadcasting a game or such. It's so obvious but the Big Money is not being moved.........yet. Kansas is our last home game, look for an in the butts attendance below 20K.

SackLunch

IMO, a good thoughtful reply Sack but I don't think it can be fixed, only with a regime change from top to bottom. You would have to be deaf, dumb, and blind to look at the last 4 years and not see all of this. Hell, Urban Meyer said on ESPN last year, "something is not right here" and he was just speaking out, not broadcasting a game or such. It's so obvious but the Big Money is not being moved.........yet. Kansas is our last home game, look for an in the butts attendance below 20K.
Good point. That is another reason it's hard for TCU to get those Big 12/Power 5 types of recruits. The game day experience at TCU is laughable when you compare it to schools like Texas A&M, UT, OU, LSU etc. I know the selling beer idea was supposed to be the cure for keeping fans in the stands the whole game but it doesn't matter what we change, if we aren't winning we could give beer away and still not have a full stadium.

Wexahu

If we are talking in the seat butts I'm thinking 10-12k, if that. We easily had less than 25k for WVU. No freaking way was that stadium half full.

4th. down

If we are talking in the seat butts I'm thinking 10-12k, if that. We easily had less than 25k for WVU. No freaking way was that stadium half full.
As we all know, $$$$$$$$$ is the name of this game. If our ass doesn't wake up and realignment gets hot, we are going to be in trouble while we twiddle our thumbs. It's going to take butts in the seats below 20K consistently to get the Board of Trustees attention. Probably no one on that board other than LT knows [ Finebaum ] about football and could care less.