• The KillerFrogs

Hey Gary you suck

Flying T

Tier 1
Coach P is a legend and has built the TCU brand into something very very respectable and has provided many moments of joy to TCU fans, but there is no gas left in the tank and no fixes or changes to be made other than accepting that its time to pass the torch and to do it with the dignity and class befitting a man of his accomplishments.

SackLunch

Easily the softest team we’ve had in 20 years. Not even close. There isn’t one player on the defense that plays mean.
That's a good point. Not one player on that team comes close to what this program has been built on since GP arrived. Not one mean, violent, crazy, bar fighting a%&hole on the team. Pretty sad because this program, especially the defense, was built on real angry playing brawlers. LaMarcus McDonald, Chad Pugh, Marvin White, Tommy Blake, Matty Linder, Blake Schluter...I know theres a lot more I missed but not one of those type of guys. Not sure if we'll ever get that back under this regime.

Cougar/Frog

Gary's MWC teams would destroy this team. Those were tough, physical teams that played hard and were well coached.

If Gary wasn't so entitled and lazy, he would be too embarrassed to coach this team. He would admit it was to leave before he tarnished his legacy too badly.

How much money does he need? How much failure can he excuse? How much can he lie to himself about his own coaching? He obviously has refused to adapt to changing offenses. He just accepts failure.

And after he gets blown out by Baylor, will he finally smell the coffee and care about his legacy? Probably not.....

4th. down

That's a good point. Not one player on that team comes close to what this program has been built on since GP arrived. Not one mean, violent, crazy, bar fighting a%&hole on the team. Pretty sad because this program, especially the defense, was built on real angry playing brawlers. LaMarcus McDonald, Chad Pugh, Marvin White, Tommy Blake, Matty Linder, Blake Schluter...I know theres a lot more I missed but not one of those type of guys. Not sure if we'll ever get that back under this regime.
Really, there is no wondering about that aspect of TCU football under the continuation of GP. Kinda like "Gone with the Wind" if you will. His head is not right now for whatever reason as he is destroying what he built, and he knows it but cannot stop. VB and Donati are just bystanders, not much more.

CountryFrog

How good of a coach he was or is. Whether he's a legend or not. These are irrelevant to the situation at hand. You can view Gary through any prism you want. We will all have different thoughts.

The only thing that really matters right now is that whatever he's doing is clearly not working with this program. There's no big time college football program in existence that would watch these 4 seasons and not move on. No one is asking anyone to think Gary isn't a legend. You don't even have to think he's suddenly a bad coach if you don't want to. But in a results oriented business where coaches get paid millions then mediocrity (and I'm not even sure we're at that level right now) isn't something that should be tolerated.

CountryFrog

Easily the softest team we’ve had in 20 years. Not even close. There isn’t one player on the defense that plays mean.
I think Tomlinson plays very tough and with a ton of heart. Smallest guy out there and might be our best tackler.

I think Winters and Carter are playing hard too. They just make some mistakes along the way.

3 out of 11 won't get it done though.

CM Frog

I think Tomlinson plays very tough and with a ton of heart. Smallest guy out there and might be our best tackler.

I think Winters and Carter are playing hard too. They just make some mistakes along the way.

3 out of 11 won't get it done though.
The front 6 are getting whipped 75% of the time. We do not have the interior line clogging up the middle so a Ty can fill the hole!
Of course we have Lbers arm tackling or hitting them way to high. The WV missed very few tackles and took down Evans one on one

CountryFrog

The front 6 are getting whipped 75% of the time. We do not have the interior line clogging up the middle so a Ty can fill the hole!
Of course we have Lbers arm tackling or hitting them way to high. The WV missed very few tackles and took down Evans one on one
One of the main reasons why WV did such a good job tackling Zach is because they forced him to play in tight spaces. Their front had good gap integrity and often got push at the point of attack. They often made Zach cut before getting back to the LOS and then kept him in small spaces where it's easier to tackle.

The few occasions where our defense does those things then we usually end up making tackles too. The problem is that so many of our attempted tackles are out in wide open spaces because people are out of position for a variety of reasons.

These types of things also hurt us on a number of occasions in the passing game when the QB would easily escape the pocket. And really I can't even say that he was escaping the pocket because that implies there was some level of resistance. So many times we would just abandon one side of the field with the rush and give the QB an extra 4-5 seconds with easy vision to make throws down the field.

All of you are idiots. GP is a legend and a damn fine coach. He’s going to have to make changes and he will.

We're at the .500 mark for the past 4 years and that number is going to go down in the next few weeks. No bowl game in four years. What are you waiting to happen from GP? What have you seen that makes you think he's even remotely capable of making the wholesale changes he's going to have to make to change things?

I get it. He's the hero. He's the best thing to ever happen to TCU football in its history. We've reached our highest highs only because of him. That stadium, our membership in the Big 12 (great for a while)-- all because of him. We'll send him out with a glorious celebration fit for a war hero or a king. He'll always be remembered for the good he's done. We'll bring him out and parade him around from time to time as he advances in years.

But just like a great race horse, his racing days have reached an end. Its time go out to pasture and enjoy things now while someone else handles the racing. We'll survive. Hail, it can't get much worse.

Rabidfrog

6-6 to me is a losing season because it means we lost most of our conference games. In that case call him in and say, one more year coach. If no significant improvement, you can retire or we'll buy you out. I am betting on five wins at best.