• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

TCURiggs

Riggs knows some Croatians that will hook you up.

Lifetime Automotive... Robert and Ogi. Robert owns the place, but Ogi is pretty much running it right now while Robert is back home. He's had a rough go, as I believe his father died several months ago, and his mother is on her way out. Fantastic people, and they will do you right. They've been working on my vehicles for 15ish years. They're the best... tell them "Russell Riggs" sent you, as they've been calling me by my legal/debit card name since I've known them (I go by my middle name, but never threw that out there). They're great.

Ron Swanson

Lifetime Automotive... Robert and Ogi. Robert owns the place, but Ogi is pretty much running it right now while Robert is back home. He's had a rough go, as I believe his father died several months ago, and his mother is on her way out. Fantastic people, and they will do you right. They've been working on my vehicles for 15ish years. They're the best... tell them "Russell Riggs" sent you, as they've been calling me by my legal/debit card name since I've known them (I go by my middle name, but never threw that out there). They're great.
Had no idea that was your first name

MTfrog5

You will now be referred to as Russ from now on

netty2424

Got my first Covid vaccine shot yesterday afternoon (thanks to being in healthcare; phase 2 in OK). So far today the only side effects are a really sore arm, mild headache, and slight fatigue.

although I’ve heard it’s worse after the booster shot in 3 weeks.

edit: I received the Pfizer vaccine
Wife got round two on Thursday, was in bed with flu like symptoms Friday, felt great on Saturday. Weird ship.

Eight

Yeah MD Anderson is going through their patients in some kind of order. I’m not sure when I’ll get the email saying I’m up, but they said they’ll contact me as soon as it’s my turn. I’ve signed up with a bunch of other different providers just in case one of them hits before MDA.

My stem cell transplant doc told me I shouldn’t receive the vaccine until at least 3 months post-transplant, which would be February 20. I’m just real eager to get it so I can get back to work. I’m an outside sales rep and can’t really do my job right now.

wish you the best ron in navigating the wait list

i think what people miss on this is just the number of people that fall into a high risk group due to health issues and i am not talking just asthma etc...

wife's hospital system is one of the leaders in the gulf coast for the number of people outside their staff that they have vaccinated and it scratches the surface when you consider the population of harris, ft bend, galveston, montgomery, chambers, etc....

i know that her hospital is about to ramp up their vaccinating the tier 2 group, but it is still a matter of staffing, space, and access to the vaccine

ATC Frog

Wife got round two on Thursday, was in bed with flu like symptoms Friday, felt great on Saturday. Weird ship.

I’ve heard the booster shot tends to have worse side effects. I have a friend in the Florida panhandle who is dreading the booster because of how awful she felt from hour 12 to hour 24 after the initial shot. She had the full range of flu like symptoms (muscle/body aches, fever, cough, headache, etc).

Most of my symptoms that I had yesterday are gone today. Woke up with a slightly sore throat and a mild cough, but feel fine otherwise. I am eligible for the booster on 2/19 as the time between Pfizer shots is only 3 weeks (Moderna is 4 weeks).

ATC Frog

Yeah MD Anderson is going through their patients in some kind of order. I’m not sure when I’ll get the email saying I’m up, but they said they’ll contact me as soon as it’s my turn. I’ve signed up with a bunch of other different providers just in case one of them hits before MDA.

My stem cell transplant doc told me I shouldn’t receive the vaccine until at least 3 months post-transplant, which would be February 20. I’m just real eager to get it so I can get back to work. I’m an outside sales rep and can’t really do my job right now.

I figured you had already done your due diligence, but thought it was worth bringing up just in case.

fingered crossed that you stay healthy in the meantime and can get a shot ASAP.

ATC Frog

Also, don’t make vaccine jokes on Twitter or they might give you a 12 hour mandatory vacation. My brother in law made a joke tweet about how one of the only side effects after getting his first dose was a sore arm and faster internet from the 5G he was injected with. About 1-2 hours after said tweet, he got hit with the 12 hour ban for spreading false vaccination information.

Eight

I’ve heard the booster shot tends to have worse side effects. I have a friend in the Florida panhandle who is dreading the booster because of how awful she felt from hour 12 to hour 24 after the initial shot. She had the full range of flu like symptoms (muscle/body aches, fever, cough, headache, etc).

Most of my symptoms that I had yesterday are gone today. Woke up with a slightly sore throat and a mild cough, but feel fine otherwise. I am eligible for the booster on 2/19 as the time between Pfizer shots is only 3 weeks (Moderna is 4 weeks).

only issue my wife had with the booster is a sore arm from the lack of technique used by the person giving the shot.

mom who is 89 has gotten her two shots and was a bit achy after the second, but good now. think a great deal is impacted by the individuals and i think when compared to the reaction from the flu vaccine the mild symptoms aren't out of line

Eight

62484364.jpg

Paul in uhh

Also, don’t make vaccine jokes on Twitter or they might give you a 12 hour mandatory vacation. My brother in law made a joke tweet about how one of the only side effects after getting his first dose was a sore arm and faster internet from the 5G he was injected with. About 1-2 hours after said tweet, he got hit with the 12 hour ban for spreading false vaccination information.
Now I wanna make jokes on there so badly

ATC Frog

only issue my wife had with the booster is a sore arm from the lack of technique used by the person giving the shot.

mom who is 89 has gotten her two shots and was a bit achy after the second, but good now. think a great deal is impacted by the individuals and i think when compared to the reaction from the flu vaccine the mild symptoms aren't out of line

I read an article that quoted some studies that claimed that younger folks tend to have more severe reactions than older folks as the younger crew has a more robust immune system and therefore will elicit a stronger reaction.

i usually have no issues with the flu vaccine, but because this is so novel, I didn’t rule out having a reaction. Guess I’m going to be fine for the initial, but I’ll report back after the booster too.

Ron Swanson

I read an article that quoted some studies that claimed that younger folks tend to have more severe reactions than older folks as the younger crew has a more robust immune system and therefore will elicit a stronger reaction.

i usually have no issues with the flu vaccine, but because this is so novel, I didn’t rule out having a reaction. Guess I’m going to be fine for the initial, but I’ll report back after the booster too.
I’ve heard the same. My wife and all of her coworkers (all fairly young) are getting the shots. Most of them have had pretty bad arm pain after the 1st and then felt sick for a day after the 2nd.

Wife isn’t looking forward to shot #2, but a small price to pay.

this stuff is what drove me over the edge to delete my bookface and Twatter accounts.
We are living in a George Orwell novel. 1984 was meant to be dystopian, not an instruction manual. .