• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Ron Swanson

Y’all need Greta. Expeditions, Yukon’s, 250s

giphy.gif
I got the Ecoboost... just doing my part

Ron Swanson

I bought a Ford ranger earlier this year when the zombie apocalypse first hit. Happy so far. But now I’m wondering what I’m unintentionally signaling by driving it.
Seeking reaffirmation....
It’s all about your level of self-confidence

They are definitely a questionable choice, but if you’re not worried about what other people think, small pickups can be a very practical decision. The Tacoma in particular, because the resale market for them is incredible.

I always secretly respect men who drive little trucks. I just assume that they’re very sure of themselves and don’t worry that people will think they’re gay or a PE teacher.

Frog-in-law1995

They are definitely a questionable choice, but if you’re not worried about what other people think, small pickups can be a very practical decision. The Tacoma in particular, because the resale market for them is incredible.

I always secretly respect men who drive little trucks. I just assume that they’re very sure of themselves and don’t worry that people will think they’re gay or a PE teacher.

PE teacher...just dead.

TCURiggs

They are incredibly badarse trucks, but yeah, hard to justify buying that much truck unless you haul heavy loads all the time. I’d just get a decked out F-150 or Tundra.

I'm not really partial to any brand of vehicle. Have had Chevy and Ford trucks and both had their pros and cons. Family members have had Toyota's and they're nice as well, and re-sale is great. They do tend to be more pricey and get worse MPG, though.

Love the new Limited and King Ranch F-150's, but the GMC Sierra AT4's have really grown on me as well. I drive the truck my company gives me, but that would be my top choice right now. Love the F-250's as well, but zero need for that much truck.

I think my don’t tread on my and come and take it window stickers make up for any unintentional unmanliness projected by my small pick up. Plus I’m not compensating for anything like some of y’all. Perhaps I should add a pair of truck nuts just to be sure?

froginmn

I'm with @Peacefrog on the bigger rig for car seats, kid crap, and road trip space. We had a 2016 Expedition with 2nd row captains chairs so that people could still ride third row with car seats in the 2nd row. Then we had a 3rd kid and even that got too small so we traded it in for the Max Expedition a couple years ago to get more cargo space. We'll be in something like that for at least the next 15 years until the 2nd one leaves the house.

My 2016 Explorer has 110K miles on it and has been terrific. I just got the first brake job on it in April and the only major issues I've had with it are from getting rear ended twice by derelict uninsured drivers. It's going to be paid off in another month or two and I plan to drive it until it doesn't drive anymore. At that point I'll probably get another Max Expedition. It's nice driving a 5 person family in a living room.
I don't exactly disagree, but if you can't fit two kids and your [ Finebaum ] in a Honda Pilot, you're bringing too much [ Finebaum ] with you.

Eight

I don't exactly disagree, but if you can't fit two kids and your [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] in a Honda Pilot, you're bringing too much [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] with you.

wife and i have had the same discussion multiple times as we will watch a young family roll into church with enough provisions for a week long trip

the church literally has an open space near the entrance of the nursery area for people to park their strollers (wife calls them baby winnebagos) as they drop off their children

Purp

Pretty sure PE teachers drive Subarus. Right @ftwfrog ?

Purp

I don't exactly disagree, but if you can't fit two kids and your [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] in a Honda Pilot, you're bringing too much [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] with you.
I don't exactly disagree, but unless my wife isn't invited it's just the way things are going to be. I can leave town for a day with a toiletries bag and a shirt on a hanger. When she leaves town for a day it's a very large bag packed to the top. When she leaves with all 3 kids half the house comes with us. I'm just glad our youngest is a toddler now. It used to be worse.