• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Starting to think I should avoid them or maybe pony up for the next generation.

Next question: would you buy a 2012 Denali with 75,000 miles for $20k or a 2015(new body design) with less upgrades and 85,000 miles for $27k?
I went full length Denali in 2016 and I intend to run it into the ground. Outside of the couple repairs that are inevitable it has been rock solid. First brake job at 100k. That truck has been to the Atlantic Ocean four times. Florida panhandle at least that many times. As well as numerous trips around TX and the Midwest. Best road trip truck available. Even when I need a new car to get back and forth to work I’m keeping it to haul crap and road trip. You can’t go wrong with a suburbatahoekon.

JugbandFrog

I don’t get y’all. Why anyone buys an American car is beyond me.

Honda Pilot or a Subaru Ascent if I ever decided to go big.

I have never had a problem with a Honda that time (over 100k miles) didn’t bring on. Heck. A former student of mine still drives around one of my old Hondas. 1997 Accord with 180k when I sold it, and it now has 250k and still going strong.

TCURiggs

I have never had a problem with a Honda that time (over 100k miles) didn’t bring on. Heck. A former student of mine still drives around one of my old Hondas. 1997 Accord with 180k when I sold it, and it now has 250k and still going strong.

Because I'm a red-blooded American and not a commie

Ron Swanson

Those are great cars for our wives, but we have cawk & balls and drive trucks.

The Toyota Tundra is a bada$$ truck, I’ll give you that, but when I was comparing it to the Ford, it was way pricier.

HFrog1999

I have 180,000 on my red blooded American F-150

giphy.gif

Double V

Starting to think I should avoid them or maybe pony up for the next generation.

Next question: would you buy a 2012 Denali with 75,000 miles for $20k or a 2015(new body design) with less upgrades and 85,000 miles for $27k?

That's tough. Probably the 2012 but, honestly, I have a hard time digesting paying $20k for an 8 year old truck. The prices those things are fetching is crazy.

Paul in uhh

That's tough. Probably the 2012 but, honestly, I have a hard time digesting paying $20k for an 8 year old truck. The prices those things are fetching is crazy.
Completely agreed and I think that’s why I’m seeking input. I have no interest in ponying up 45k for a Tahoe/Yukon with 25k miles.

Paul in uhh

I have a Toyota Highlander I love but with 2 kids and dogs I still need more space for anything beyond regular daily travel (and we road trip a lot).

HG73

My '12 Corolla is doing just fine. 106k and runs like new. I normally buy American but my alcoholic/drug addict brother in law was selling Toyotas at the time. Traded in a '98 Mercedes 300 (or something) with 240k. Went to buy a Camry but left with the Corolla for like $14k. Love it. I drive them until the wheels fall off. Obviously.

Paul in uhh

This reminds me of one of my favorite posts on this thread when argyle excitedly posted pics of his new Nissan Frontier or whatever it was and somebody immediately responded “nice lesbian truck” or something similar. So freaking funny and I bet he sold it not long after that, lol.
We were driving a few months ago and my
wife complemented a Tacoma that went by. I made the “lesbian truck” comment and she died laughing so, thanks to whoever made the joke originally