• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

MTfrog5

Just walked into a Hallmark store and was accosted with over-aggressive welcoming. A nice young girl asked what I was in for today and I couldn’t help it: “Oil change, 10W-30 please.”

She walked away, so great success!
Number 1 reason I don’t go to Firehouse Subs. I really don’t want everyone that works there yelling WELCOME TO FIREHOUSE as I walk thru the door.

netty2424

That never sounded appetizing to me. I'm not a Dr. Pepper hater, but something about a carbonated soda milkshake just sounds unpleasing to me so I've never cared to take the plunge. Wouldn't shock me if it wasn't very good.
Actually had one Saturday. Family took a little road trip for a day wedding. Hit up whaterburger on the way home and thought I’d give it a try. I don’t drink sodas but it wasn’t bad. Not too far off from a root beer float.

Purp

Just walked into a Hallmark store and was accosted with over-aggressive welcoming. A nice young girl asked what I was in for today and I couldn’t help it: “Oil change, 10W-30 please.”

She walked away, so great success!
I try to appreciate friendly service, but sometimes stuff like this just wears me out. I think I feel a little insulted that they think I look like the kind of guy who walks into a store and doesn't already know what he wants/needs.

If I need your help finding it I'll ask for it. Otherwise, take your happy smile and overly helpful attitude to the lady over there who needs to be talked into what she should buy. But make sure it's not my wife, okay?

tcudoc

I never know what to say back...

“Thanks!”

“You too?”
tenor.gif

Purp

The worst is when I swing by the car dealership on occasion to see my dad, who is fleet manager there. Usually I'm doing something nearby and bring him lunch when he's too busy to get it himself.

Commissioned Sales Guy: "What brings you in today, sir?"
Me: "I have a sack full of hot food, do I look like a guy who needs your help right now looking at cars?"
Commissioned Sales Guy: "Have you seen the new Expedition?
Me: "Yes, it's outstanding. When I'm ready to buy one I'll get it from my dad. Have a nice day."

I really hate being a jerk to people, especially when my dad works there, but it happens every darnin' time I roll up over there and they never get subtle hints that I don't want to spend time talking to them. I've tried sitting in my car until the sales guy decides to walk away and stop waiting, but they just stand there dutifully watching me sit there listening to the radio until I grow impatient and can't wait any longer. I've started going through the service center entrance, but they catch you over there too. There's no safe place at a car dealership.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
The worst is when I swing by the car dealership on occasion to see my dad, who is fleet manager there. Usually I'm doing something nearby and bring him lunch when he's too busy to get it himself.

Me: "I have a sack full of hot food, do I look like a guy who needs your help right now looking at cars?"
Me: "Yes, it's outstanding. When I'm ready to buy one I'll get it from my dad. Have a nice day."

I really hate being a jerk to people, especially when my dad works there, but it happens every darnin' time I roll up over there and they never get subtle hints that I don't want to spend time talking to them. I've tried sitting in my car until the sales guy decides to walk away and stop waiting, but they just stand there dutifully watching me sit there listening to the radio until I grow impatient and can't wait any longer. I've started going through the service center entrance, but they catch you over there too. There's no safe place at a car dealership.
Or a furniture store.

SnoSki

Plot twist, your dad tells that guy to chat you up because he knows it grinds your gears.

SnoSki

I try to appreciate friendly service, but sometimes stuff like this just wears me out. I think I feel a little insulted that they think I look like the kind of guy who walks into a store and doesn't already know what he wants/needs.

If I need your help finding it I'll ask for it. Otherwise, take your happy smile and overly helpful attitude to the lady over there who needs to be talked into what she should buy. But make sure it's not my wife, okay?

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I used to love beer. Kind of meh now. Not sure exactly when that happened. Still, Lakewood and Shannon breweries make a good stout. 512 makes a good porter and Real Ale makes a good Belgian ale. Might splurge on Duvel every now and then, but if I’m hanging out with buddies, I honestly would much rather have a whiskey & coke.
This is me. I used to drink all sorts of beers, from Red Dog to super-micro. Then around age 40, it just started making me feel bad. Now I can't barely drink a single medium to dark without a headache. If I drink, a big IF, it's a mixed drink or a whiskey now.