• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

HFrog1999

It's BK attempt to troll McDonald's and the Happy Meal. They have several others to choose from based on your current emotion.

Drunk Whooper

giphy.gif

Ron Swanson

Shiner Bock.
I’ll drink the ship out of some Shiners. And their Shiner Light Blonde is a fantastic all day drinker. Almost everything they make is good. Although that cactus beer they made last summer sucked. It was like Bud Light lime or something.

I also like most of St Arnold’s beers. Karbach’s Crawford Bock is very good and I’ve bought quite a few six packs of that... it tastes a lot like Shiner Bock.

But most breweries I go to for an event, I struggle to find an acceptable beer that I can drink the whole time. They’re all so thick and/or bitter. I usually end up asking the bar tender to pour me whatever tastes the most like a Miller Lite and hope I can choke them down.

Purp

I’ll drink the ship out of some Shiners. And their Shiner Light Blonde is a fantastic all day drinker. Almost everything they make is good. Although that cactus beer they made last summer sucked. It was like Bud Light lime or something.

I also like most of St Arnold’s beers. Karbach’s Crawford Bock is very good and I’ve bought quite a few six packs of that... it tastes a lot like Shiner Bock.

But most breweries I go to for an event, I struggle to find an acceptable beer that I can drink the whole time. They’re all so thick and/or bitter. I usually end up asking the bar tender to pour me whatever tastes the most like a Miller Lite and hope I can choke them down.
I think this description probably suits most people I know. I'm certainly in this realm also. I'd also add the strawberry ale or whatever Shiner tried to the list of bad ones. The cactus was also terrible. I don't drink it often, but their grapefruit one is enjoyable, but not in volume.

Just because it's a craft beer doesn't mean I'll like it. I'll always try it, but I'm routinely disappointed. I'll never touch an IPA. I've had one ever that I thought was decent out of dozens so I just steer clear of those altogether since they all seem to just be trying to out-nasty each other.

At brewery events I typically try a few different beers I'm most likely to enjoy to form an opinion. Then I go to whatever wheat beer they serve if/when those suck. Wheat beers are harder to darn up, though I've had plenty that were heinous. There have been some breweries I've been to where I didn't like a single thing and drank water in protest. It happens. I think more than 50% of craft beers are trash. But I don't think Miller Lite (best of the high volume lite beers) comes close to any of the decent to good craft beers.

tcudoc

What about the Dr. Pepper milkshake at Whataburger? Opinions?
I have to say that it was not as delicious as I had hoped it would be.

netty2424

Agree completely. While I appreciate people’s passions for making and trying new booze, I’ve never had an IPA or craft or whatever else that I could drink more than one and enjoy. I’ll choose Coors Light most of the time. Or Woodford if I’m going brown water.

Purp

What about the Dr. Pepper milkshake at Whataburger? Opinions?
I have to say that it was not as delicious as I had hoped it would be.
That never sounded appetizing to me. I'm not a Dr. Pepper hater, but something about a carbonated soda milkshake just sounds unpleasing to me so I've never cared to take the plunge. Wouldn't shock me if it wasn't very good.

Frog-in-law1995

I used to love beer. Kind of meh now. Not sure exactly when that happened. Still, Lakewood and Shannon breweries make a good stout. 512 makes a good porter and Real Ale makes a good Belgian ale. Might splurge on Duvel every now and then, but if I’m hanging out with buddies, I honestly would much rather have a whiskey & coke.