• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

HFrog1999

Question:

Is it ok for someone to cut in line at potbelly if they are meeting someone who’s already in the line?

Was standing in line at potbelly today and a lady in front of me starts waving to someone behind me and I look back and see a woman walking in who then proceeds to make her way past about 20 people and stands next to her friend at the front of the line.

Just curious what the proper protocol is there. Normally potbelly moves fast but they were slow today and line was long.

I usually just walk by their table and spit on their sandwich

Purp

Question:

Is it ok for someone to cut in line at potbelly if they are meeting someone who’s already in the line?

Was standing in line at potbelly today and a lady in front of me starts waving to someone behind me and I look back and see a woman walking in who then proceeds to make her way past about 20 people and stands next to her friend at the front of the line.

Just curious what the proper protocol is there. Normally potbelly moves fast but they were slow today and line was long.
This depends for me. When it's obvious that the person was there to have lunch with the person already in line I usually am fine with it. I can remember plenty of times where I had lunch with someone meeting me there and there's not an easy way to do it when you don't both arrive at the same time. I basically view this as a situation where the natural solution is the person getting there first orders for the person arriving last, which has the same effect on the line as the person cutting in front of everyone.

If it's just two people standing in the same line totally randomly I might take umbrage in your situation. A shorter line moving more quickly might not bother me as much, but a longer line moving slower would. At that point the person in front can go visit with the person in back after he finishes eating and not hold anybody else up.

Eight

I was watching Johnny Be Good yesterday and completely forgot that Ol' Texas's mascot was the Horny Toads.

10bafa3646d17c6be3b11d021abe1b29.png

images

zerohed.png

image.gif

tumblr_inline_mp0t9rRoj81qz4rgp.gif

iron-man-robert-downey-jr-and-war-machine-don-cheadle-captain-america-civil-war.jpg

you want to talk about an interesting career arc.

one of the [ Arschloch] bullies in weird science, the geeky best friend in johnny be good, basically the autobiographical role of julian in less than zero, chaplin, kirk lazarus which i think was another autobiographical role, and now the action star in iron man/ avengers

Purp

Looking to replace the old aluminum windows in my house soon. You guys got any referrals?
I used to work for a window company. I may be able to help you figure out what you want/need, but I'd fill up the thread with info without knowing your preferences so PM me and we'll chat.

netty2424

I used to work for a window company. I may be able to help you figure out what you want/need, but I'd fill up the thread with info without knowing your preferences so PM me and we'll chat.
Go for it. We’re going to replace our windows soon too. People don’t want to read it, they can scroll past it.

netty2424

Looking to replace the old aluminum windows in my house soon. You guys got any referrals?
Window World advertises on The Ticket for $269 a hole for vinyl low e windows, if I remember correctly. Then you’ll have to find someone to put them in.

I had a carpernter working on another project at my house and in passing I told him I was also going to have windows installed and he said he would do it for $125/window.

No idea if that’s the going rate, or not.

netty2424

curious how often they replace the game field.

second question is how often does it actually get used
Good questions. I don’t know answers to either. It would seem like replacing the field like this wouldn’t be a common occurrence. Seems like when NFL teams replace grass it can be problematic for footing until roots can solidify themselves.

And I’m guessing it’s quite a costly project.

Purp

Window World advertises on The Ticket for $269 a hole for vinyl low e windows, if I remember correctly. Then you’ll have to find someone to put them in.

I had a carpernter working on another project at my house and in passing I told him I was also going to have windows installed and he said he would do it for $125/window.

No idea if that’s the going rate, or not.
Window World is popular bc they advertise all over the place, but they're not your best option IMO. Out where you are I'd recommend going to a McCoy's store to find your windows. The company I worked for was Atrium and was merged with PlyGem last year. Those windows can be bought in Lowe's stores under the Reliabilt brand or at McCoy's under the Atrium brand. PlyGem windows can be bought in Home Depot. After the merger they're the single largest window manufacturer in North America, not that it helps you get better windows.

I recommend McCoy's bc their service offering sounds like the best among all of our customers. You'll get better answers to your questions in the store and also the best deal on installation.

SnoSki may not benefit from McCoy's as they're generally out in more rural areas, but there are other options available in the city.

$125 a window for installation is a pretty good price. I put new windows in my dads house several years ago for Father's Day and our service technicians charged me $100 per window and that included disposal of old ones. That's a good old boy discount so if you have someone who isn't a buddy quoting $125 a hole I'd take it.

On quality...

The glass coating and spacer are the two biggest factors in energy savings. The amount of benefit from various LoE coatings can be significant. LoE SC is the most common coating in Texas for Guardian Glass and LoE 270 is the most common for Cardinal Glass. There's essentially no difference between the two so don't get hung up on either of those.

LoE 366 is a premium coating from Cardinal that is very impressive. I've seen demos (science fair type displays) of the amount of energy transfer it blocks and it's remarkable. If you want energy efficiency and can afford it I'd recommend it. If you're worried about the appearance of the windows more than energy cost savings you may not like it. It's a darker blue color from the street and some home owners don't like it. Builders don't like it much due to cost.

As I alluded to, the energy savings is excellent with it. LoE 270 and SC are pretty good about keeping heat out, but they allow some heat transfer out compared with 366. The 366 coating allows virtually nothing in or out.

The window series quality is something difficult to determine at purchase and the outlet you buy from may not even know much warranty detail on them either. I'd definitely try to get that, though. Design has a lot to do with how easy it is to build quality windows and how easy it is to screw up a window in the manufacturing process. At Atrium our 130 series was very popular and tended to have more warranty issues. A comparable window was the 8100 series and it had far fewer warranty issues at virtually the same price point and performance level. I put 8100 series windows in my dad's house, FWIW. The 130 series was popular with customers bc it had a lot more options available, (painted colors, bronze and black laminate, flange or no flange, replacement or new construction, etc. The 8100 was a premium single hung window for replacement only and was offered in white, clay, or almond colors only. That said, due to the variety of options they tried to design into the 130 series it became exceedingly difficult to manufacture without various quality issues. Since the 8100 came in only 3 colors with no variations it was simple to manufacture with high quality.

PlyGem was a massive window company, but they captured their market share by undercutting everyone on price. Their quality leaves a lot to be desired, though the new plant manager (my old boss) in the Dallas plant has already made big strides with their quality processes with the HD windows made there.

Double hung windows are a personal preference. You pay a lot for them and they're great to have, but my personal preference is that they aren't worth the money.

I've got more, but I think that's enough on mobile for now and I'm not real sure what all I've covered and omitted at this point. If you want more info or have more questions feel free to call me. I think I gave you my number once.

Tom Brown

Question:

I'd let them through, but i'd make a sarcastic comment, out loud, at theit expense.

Tom Brown

Window World is popular bc they advertise all over the place, but they're not your best option IMO. Out where you are I'd recommend going to a McCoy's store to find your windows. The company I worked for was Atrium and was merged with PlyGem last year. Those windows can be bought in Lowe's stores under the Reliabilt brand or at McCoy's under the Atrium brand. PlyGem windows can be bought in Home Depot. After the merger they're the single largest window manufacturer in North America, not that it helps you get better windows.

I recommend McCoy's bc their service offering sounds like the best among all of our customers. You'll get better answers to your questions in the store and also the best deal on installation.

SnoSki may not benefit from McCoy's as they're generally out in more rural areas, but there are other options available in the city.

$125 a window for installation is a pretty good price. I put new windows in my dads house several years ago for Father's Day and our service technicians charged me $100 per window and that included disposal of old ones. That's a good old boy discount so if you have someone who isn't a buddy quoting $125 a hole I'd take it.

On quality...

The glass coating and spacer are the two biggest factors in energy savings. The amount of benefit from various LoE coatings can be significant. LoE SC is the most common coating in Texas for Guardian Glass and LoE 270 is the most common for Cardinal Glass. There's essentially no difference between the two so don't get hung up on either of those.

LoE 366 is a premium coating from Cardinal that is very impressive. I've seen demos (science fair type displays) of the amount of energy transfer it blocks and it's remarkable. If you want energy efficiency and can afford it I'd recommend it. If you're worried about the appearance of the windows more than energy cost savings you may not like it. It's a darker blue color from the street and some home owners don't like it. Builders don't like it much due to cost.

As I alluded to, the energy savings is excellent with it. LoE 270 and SC are pretty good about keeping heat out, but they allow some heat transfer out compared with 366. The 366 coating allows virtually nothing in or out.

The window series quality is something difficult to determine at purchase and the outlet you buy from may not even know much warranty detail on them either. I'd definitely try to get that, though. Design has a lot to do with how easy it is to build quality windows and how easy it is to screw up a window in the manufacturing process. At Atrium our 130 series was very popular and tended to have more warranty issues. A comparable window was the 8100 series and it had far fewer warranty issues at virtually the same price point and performance level. I put 8100 series windows in my dad's house, FWIW. The 130 series was popular with customers bc it had a lot more options available, (painted colors, bronze and black laminate, flange or no flange, replacement or new construction, etc. The 8100 was a premium single hung window for replacement only and was offered in white, clay, or almond colors only. That said, due to the variety of options they tried to design into the 130 series it became exceedingly difficult to manufacture without various quality issues. Since the 8100 came in only 3 colors with no variations it was simple to manufacture with high quality.

PlyGem was a massive window company, but they captured their market share by undercutting everyone on price. Their quality leaves a lot to be desired, though the new plant manager (my old boss) in the Dallas plant has already made big strides with their quality processes with the HD windows made there.

Double hung windows are a personal preference. You pay a lot for them and they're great to have, but my personal preference is that they aren't worth the money.

I've got more, but I think that's enough on mobile for now and I'm not real sure what all I've covered and omitted at this point. If you want more info or have more questions feel free to call me. I think I gave you my number once.

Ded.nat.reid.