• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Purp

Thanks and that’s a viable solution. Lately these fans have been finding and adding my personal page, and I’ve been accepting. Might just have to put a hard limit to only those I know and unfriend those who have already made it through. Tired of worrying about this.

Edit to add the following: another concern I have is that while I trust my wife’s relatives, I don’t trust or know their friends.. especially the people they knew in HS in 1974 and haven’t seen since then.

Thankfully, they haven't tagged me in any of the posts that feature my son, but I wonder how long that lasts.
You could always untag yourself from their posts if they ever did that. My dad posts pictures of my kids and my sister's kids all the time and his friends from the 70s like them every time. I guess I just trust my dad and in-laws to police the people on their Facebook friends list well enough to keep our kids out of harm's way. I'm okay with it b/c there's no better way for our relatives who aren't very close to see our kids grow up than to see the things that get posted to FB. It keeps distant family closer, IMO.

tcudoc

My sister has very little filter on Facebook. There have been many occasions where I have asked her to take down photos of me or to untag me from her posts. She seems to get it now and thinks I am a weirdo, but I just don’t want to be associated with some of the garbage she posts.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
My sister has very little filter on Facebook. There have been many occasions where I have asked her to take down photos of me or to untag me from her posts. She seems to get it now and thinks I am a weirdo, but I just don’t want to be associated with some of the garbage she posts.

There is no facebook in our house. I would prefer to not have me or my family posted on their in any way. Yet, we have some friends that post everything. Absolutely everything. We see them - they post it. Without asking. Bugs me to no end.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Surely I'm not the only parent here who gets irritated by extended family posting pics that include my baby boy on their facebook.

No matter how many times I have asked family "please don't post pics of my son on FB" he always makes an appearance on there after any get-together. Had a nice time at a family gathering this weekend and sure enough, he's right there again.

It drives me insane and I'm always the one having to be the bad guy asking them to take the pics down and then defend myself for sounding paranoid.

I ask this because through music, I have a lot of followers on my FB who I don't know (and I don't know for sure they aren't pedos) and I'd rather my son's identity be private as long as possible.

Please tell me I'm not the only one here who thinks posting someone else's kid to facebook without asking first is rude.
Parents prerogative

Eight

According to twitter, old Wiscy coach Bret Bielma now has a daughter. In typical white person fashion they named her Brexli.

Bret-Bielema-topless-2.jpg

explains this photo

SnoSki

Are you posting naked pictures of your kid on Facebook? I don't get the pedophile comments. You just dont want people seeing your kid?

Two things:
Pedos are far more common than most people realize. Even if we're only talking 1 in 50 (2% of the population), that could be as many as 10-20 included in the average facebook "Friend" list. And that's just counting the ones the police have caught. I don't know how many "friends" of my aunt edna may be sex offenders, caught or closeted. Why take the chance and expose my kid's identity to them?

I travel out of town frequently for music and one of my biggest fears is someone stealing my kid while I'm 3 states away. It makes it harder for someone to do that if they don't know what he looks like.

Call me crazy but the bottom line for me is that it's rude to post pics of other people's kids on FB without asking. I don't care if you choose to do that with your kids, it's your family and your freedom to do so. Just don't take away my ability to choose to get "likes" from your "friends."

jake102

Two things:
Pedos are far more common than most people realize. Even if we're only talking 1 in 50 (2% of the population), that could be as many as 10-20 included in the average facebook "Friend" list. And that's just counting the ones the police have caught. I don't know how many "friends" of my aunt edna may be sex offenders, caught or closeted. Why take the chance and expose my kid's identity to them?

I travel out of town frequently for music and one of my biggest fears is someone stealing my kid while I'm 3 states away. It makes it harder for someone to do that if they don't know what he looks like.

Call me crazy but the bottom line for me is that it's rude to post pics of other people's kids on FB without asking. I don't care if you choose to do that with your kids, it's your family and your freedom to do so. Just don't take away my ability to choose to get "likes" from your "friends."

I get where you are coming from, but a bit over the top I think.

HFrog1999

Two things:

One thing I don’t do is post my location when I’m out of town.

We were vacationing with friends in SA last year and they posted pics of us while there. I asked her not to again because that lets everyone know that your house is empty. I prefer to wait until getting home to post.

SnoSki

We were vacationing with friends in SA last year and they posted pics of us while there. I asked her not to again because that lets everyone know that your house is empty. I prefer to wait until getting home to post.

I try not to but it's hard because it's a bit of a credibility indicator (for lack of better words) for musicians. If you're on the road it subtly signals to people that you're worth following and not just doing it as a hobby.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

So much this. If I were a criminal I know where I’d start.

HFrog1999

Pretty much the only reason I joined Facebook was because of the interesting party photos being posted here several years ago when I was much younger and more interested in such things.

Now, I only stay because of all the family photos I have on there.

Purp

According to twitter, old Wiscy coach Bret Bielma now has a daughter. In typical white person fashion they named her Brexli.
Gotta assume this is an amalgam of Brett and whatever the baby momma's name is. Either way, it's ridiculous.

On the white people name front, I found out at my son's field trip a couple weeks ago that half the "white people names" I saw on his valentine list for school were actually black people and Mexican people names. It seems Asian people are the only ones not darning up spellings of names, but I wouldn't know for sure b/c I don't speak symbols.