• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

HFrog1999

giphy.gif

My wife got shot in our backyard last year by some moronic members of the Tarrant County Sheriff’s Department acting recklessly on our neighbor’s land.

ATC Frog

Does NWLA Boy qualify for white kids names? Rhys pronounced Reese.... In our defense, it’s actually the old proper spelling and I just thought the name looked rad. We constantly get “Rise” or “Rice” when people try to pronounce it.

My son’s name is pronounced the same, but spelled like the candy, Reese.

It was my choice because that’s my mom’s maiden name and I always though it was unique, but not in a weird way. Plus it pays homage to that side of my family as well.

I assume it’s because of page 8888...

Fewer days of my youth stick out more than 8-8-88.

For starters, I remember Sportscenter showed a clip from Oakland and Carney Lansford, Jose Canseco and Mark McGwire were lined up by the batting cage waiting to hit. Lansford and McGwire had on jerseys with the number 8 and Canseco had on 88. Dumb story-I just remember that.

What really stands out is that it was the first night game at Wrigley...or, at least, was supposed to be. The skies opened up in the 4th and they eventually called the game because the Phillies had to get out of town. Morgana ran out on to the field at some point. There was a lot of farting around because of the occasion and had they played it at a normal pace it would have been an official game. The rain delay was pretty long and I remember Harry Caray and Bill Murray pounding Buds on air.

The next day the Mets were in town and the game was completely, making it the first official night game at Wrigley. At some point in the game there was a fly ball to deep left-center and a fan doused Lenny Dykstra with a beer.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Yeah, and the Johnson County DA refused to prosecute them for anything. So they faced no consequences at all for shooting a woman, in her back, in her own backyard inside the city limits.
I’m no lawyer but...civil suit, compensation, free speeding tickets for life?
Seriously hope she’s ok/recovered.

Frog-in-law1995

My son’s school PTA announced today that after two years of fundraising, they’re just $10,000 short of what I believe is approximately $15,000 goal, so construction will start next week on building a track in the field where the kids currently play soccer during recess. They assured me it’s for the kids, not for the soccer mom weekend walk-n-chat, but nobody asked my kid or any other I’m aware of, and I don’t know many K-4th graders who’d rather run the 200 meters during recess. Also, not sure what kind of track they envision, but based on fundraising goals, I have to assume this is just going to be an oval concrete sidewalk, maybe with some painted-on lanes. After one mild facebook post asking questions meant to provoke more detailed thought about the idea and implementation, I’ve backed off and stayed silent, mostly because my wife supports it and several of the PTA members are moms in our cub scout pack who I like. But now they’re turning dirt. This is going to be an interesting spring.

Surfrog

Yeah. I used to work with a British lady and she would use proper in weird contexts. Also had the mouth of a sailor so she'd say things like "I haven't had a proper scrog in months."

Grew up in a part Scottish/Australian home. Unfortunately, learned to spell with: colour, harbour, metre, defence, and travelling/travelled that way. That was rough to unlearn in elementary school.

also, apparently a bloody [ the old ricardo ]-up is not an appropriate term to use in school and see you next Tuesday is not a compliment.

Last edited: