• Fire Offensive Staff and make great hires

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • Demote Cumbie and hire an OC for play calling

Votes: 52 45.2%
  • No changes and we suffer another year

Votes: 37 32.2%

• Total voters

JockO de Frog

I don’t get the constant mention of Delton as a reason for our struggles. How many games did he cost us this year? Anyone who says something other than zero is making a massive reach IMO.
True but how much distraction was he? And my point is that Cumbie has the responsibility but has not been given the authority. Definitely not making excuses for what I believe was poor production and performance but if you want to bring in a quality OC you have to give him the authority for the whole package.

Tshirt Fan

WTH happened to the 2014 Swagger that landsharked Ole Miss into oblivion?
Or the unbelievable Alamo Bowl comeback against Oregon?
Or getting paid by Clemson to beat Clemson in the rain?

We need that swagger back. What's missing is the offense.
If we get a top notch OC WITH excellent position coaches, we could win it all.

LHCGMFP needs an NC at TCU to cement his legacy.
I will burn all of my UT, Baylor and Tech T-Shirts to make this happen.
Let's do this. Make the changes. Win the NC. No excuses.

4TCU

Fire Cumbie, demote Cumbie, resign Cumbie.... won’t matter unless CGP can adjust either the way he thinks or letting the OC do what he does best regardless of the defense... and can CGP win a natty?... not so sure now on the last point even though I sure want him too... him and Kelsey are great people... that is why Lavell Edwards stayed so long after he won a NC with BYU...everybody loved him and winning a natty helped obviously

TX_Krötenechse

WTH happened to the 2014 Swagger that landsharked Ole Miss into oblivion?
Or the unbelievable Alamo Bowl comeback against Oregon?
Or getting paid by Clemson to beat Clemson in the rain?

We need that swagger back. What's missing is the offense.
If we get a top notch OC WITH excellent position coaches, we could win it all.

LHCGMFP needs an NC at TCU to cement his legacy.
I will burn all of my UT, Baylor and Tech T-Shirts to make this happen.
Let's do this. Make the changes. Win the NC. No excuses.
I’m not trying to be a downer, but TCU is not going to ever win a NC in the current environment.

Bruce Berry

If Cumbie is not terminated or reassigned-and considering Gary conducts evaluations of staff in two year intervals does this mean Cumbie is running our offense for the next two years if he survives?

TRF51

Oh hey, did anyone see what Mensa did today?
That's right, fired his coaches. Like a boss. Like a scheissing boss.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tom-he...ants-in-massive-staff-overhaul-235400069.html

I hear that will happen when the head coach can be held accountable. Since Coach P has done so much here no one will hold him accountable why should he change? Being comfortable is great and all but little progress or change happens when you get to comfortable.

Horny4TCU

Sad but true. I do think playoffs are attainable, which gives you a chance, but then you have to face a team like LSU, OSU, Clemson, or Bama with superior talent.
All those teams can go scheisse themselves. Our talent is as good as theirs. We used to get less raw talent and coached them into NFL caliber players. But we used to have the coaches to get them there.

Patterson needs to redirect himself and his coaches and get the right people around him. He has now been loyal to the wrong group of bozos for far too long.

Limey Frog

flyfishingfrog

I count six years. He's been OC by himself for 3. He did not get to choose his offensive coaches because Patterson chose them for him. Patterson also chose Delton. Do you not understand that?
Yes

so? For some reason he was fine when he had Mech or Dykes and sucked by himself even with those conditions you stated

Do you understand that?

even if you take away the 3 Delton games - the offense anytime he has been alone has been bad

JockO de Frog

Yes

so? For some reason he was fine when he had Mech or Dykes and sucked by himself even with those conditions you stated

Do you understand that?

even if you take away the 3 Delton games - the offense anytime he has been alone has been bad
You're completely missing my point. I don't question that cumbie should be gone. My point is that we need to bring on a good OC that has the ability to bring on his own position coaches. I believe Patterson put Cumbie in a position to fail but can't argue that Cumbie is not the guy.

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

You're completely missing my point. I don't question that cumbie should be gone. My point is that we need to bring on a good OC that has the ability to bring on his own position coaches. I believe Patterson put Cumbie in a position to fail but can't argue that Cumbie is not the guy.
My point was when he was in that same position with other coaches to help - he succeeded

so evidently it’s Cumbie not the factors that are the problem

but I do agree that any new OC should have GPS support to have his own team and call his own offense or GP should not hire him

FrogCop19

Is anyone wishing we could switch places with Baylor right now?

Yeah, maybe Waco is light on the Pappadeux, and the Brazos river isn't exactly Lake Tahoe, and Green and Yellow suck, and the entire sanctimonious atmosphere is over the top.

But at least Baylor knows how to run a clean program and win games.

I applaud you for the long game, baylor troll. Eight years is a long time to lay dormant before springing your insidious trap.