• The KillerFrogs

General Bowl Games Conversation

michael1999

One of the things I enjoy about the bowl setup is that I've been able to take vacations to Phoenix, LA, and Atlanta in conjunction with those events, and there is associated fun (events like the Rose Parade, cocktail hours, etc ). If your big "reward" for making the playoffs is a trip to Madison WI in December, I think it will be a lot less enjoyable...
The Rose Parade was not fun sir. Too early, too cold, and a colossal cluster to get out of so we missed out on tailgating.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The Rose Parade was not fun sir. Too early, too cold, and a colossal cluster to get out of so we missed out on tailgating.
I barely remember being hungover practically to death, and Mrs. Brewingfrog opening the curtains on our palatial suite, and asking, "Honey, I thought the Stealth Bomber was supposed to be invisible..."

Thank all that is holy for the Pre-Game Bloody Mary's at the Tailgate!

KTown Frog

You cannot watch that without getting chills and a few tears. :)
I remember telling the Oregon fans in front of me to not leave, Patterson will make adjustments and the Frogs will be a different team in the second half. When it was 31-28, they looked at me with shocked looks on the face. One of my Top 3 games to ever see in person. Rose Bowl number 1 probably forever unless the Frogs win the NC.

gofor2

Oh, and they were giving the QB a gen-u-wine ESPN tongue bath for "opting out" and preserving his potential NFL worth. Funny, but I always considered a guy who would walk out on his teammates like that a "quitter."
Really? Dang I wish I heard that. I watched ole miss game - the announcers were falling all over themselves on how great the SEC is, how great Corral was and how great it was that Corral didn't opt out and played in the bowl. He was / is such a great leader. holy scheiss I was tired of it within 1 quarter.

michael1999

I remember telling the Oregon fans in front of me to not leave, Patterson will make adjustments and the Frogs will be a different team in the second half. When it was 31-28, they looked at me with shocked looks on the face. One of my Top 3 games to ever see in person. Rose Bowl number 1 probably forever unless the Frogs win the NC.
Rose Bowl 1
Utah (College Gameday) 2
Alamo Bowl 3

gofor2

They’d be in the playoffs this year if they had a slightly above average QB. And they’d have scored less than Cincy in the semis.
their offense is just scheissing horrid. that QB under throws his guys every time, no stretch guys at WR.
their wins have relied entirely on their defense. Thing is, all of their top players are gone now.
Would not be surprised to see them at 6-6 next year.