• The KillerFrogs

General Bowl Games Conversation

PurplFrawg

Administrator
The SEC homers calling the Houston/Auburn game are about to burst, seeing Houston de-pants Auburn. They need to give it a rest.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I'm a little grossed out by the "shocker" emblem on the UH Coaches hats... Yeah, I know, it's like their hand sign, but only like.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I'm a little grossed out by the "shocker" emblem on the UH Coaches hats... Yeah, I know, it's like their hand sign, but only like.
Supposedly, that hand gesture is a combination of the Hook'em Horns sign with the middle finger extended. Others say it looks vaguely like a U and an H.

Zubaz

With the all of the cancellations in the last week, this is the first day where it feels like a true bowl season. Nice slate of 4 games, including a fun matchup of Leach vs. his old team that screwed him.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Supposedly, that hand gesture is a combination of the Hook'em Horns sign with the middle finger extended. Others say it looks vaguely like a U and an H.
It is the former, and not the latter.

I just wonder if somebody ordered all that "shocker" stuff up, and was handing it out when somebody else said, "Um... I don't think that means what you think it means..."

TCUdirtbag

With the all of the cancellations in the last week, this is the first day where it feels like a true bowl season. Nice slate of 4 games, including a fun matchup of Leach vs. his old team that screwed him.

Womp, womp. *Holiday Bowl (*UCLA-NC State) just got cancelled.

TCUdirtbag

Tech didn't "screw" Leach, but they were dumb to fire him.

With due respect to Cumbie, I am looking forward to watching Leach try to hang 100 on 'em tonight.

Chongo94

Tech didn't "screw" Leach, but they were dumb to fire him.

With due respect to Cumbie, I am looking forward to watching Leach try to hang 100 on 'em tonight.
Have a good friend that is a Tech alum from the Leach era. He totally expects Leach to try to run up the score tonight.

Zubaz

Womp, womp. *Holiday Bowl (*UCLA-NC State) just got cancelled.
Oh Come On Jim Carrey GIF

TCUdirtbag

Have a good friend that is a Tech alum from the Leach era. He totally expects Leach to try to run up the score tonight.

Not a single day goes by that Leach doesn't think about Texas Tech. I'm actually interested to see if he can get the payback he thinks he's entitled to, or if he can't game plan around his own ego/self-victimization. Going to be a fun one, and I truly do not care who wins.

NTXCoog

Officially its to honor a live cougar mascot who lost a toe before a game with UT (History of the Cougar Hand Sign). Many UH alums question this story because we haven't seen any pics of it before the 70s and 15 years between UT games when the incident originally occurred seems questionable. But the sign has been called the "cougar paw" for as long as anyone remembers so it may be the true story.