• The KillerFrogs

General Bowl Games Conversation

HG73

PAC winless in bowls. For the second straight year. 9-23 OOC vs Bowl Subdivision teams. No playoff again. And their commissioner just said that high school interest in FB is waning and they have to start recruiting from other areas (SEC). Are they still a P5 conference?

ACC goes 2-4. SEC will go 6-8. B1G goes 6-4 after starting 5-0 in the lower bowls. B12 went 6-4 throwing out OU and the 4 new teams going 2-2.

I think the B12 is much better than the PAC & ACC and very close to the B1G.

HG73

I barely remember being hungover practically to death, and Mrs. Brewingfrog opening the curtains on our palatial suite, and asking, "Honey, I thought the Stealth Bomber was supposed to be invisible..."

Thank all that is holy for the Pre-Game Bloody Mary's at the Tailgate!
Um, did you marry the lady that put her Winnebago on cruise control and went back to make a sandwich?

Wexahu

PAC winless in bowls. For the second straight year. 9-23 OOC vs Bowl Subdivision teams. No playoff again. And their commissioner just said that high school interest in FB is waning and they have to start recruiting from other areas (SEC). Are they still a P5 conference?

ACC goes 2-4. SEC will go 6-8. B1G goes 6-4 after starting 5-0 in the lower bowls. B12 went 6-4 throwing out OU and the 4 new teams going 2-2.

I think the B12 is much better than the PAC & ACC and very close to the B1G.
I think given how teams treat bowl games, putting any emphasis on conference performance in Bowl games is about a totally worthless exercise.

Which conference had the most players skip bowl games?

HG73

I think given how teams treat bowl games, putting any emphasis on conference performance in Bowl games is about a totally worthless exercise.

Which conference had the most players skip bowl games?
Yes but how else can you compare conferences? OOC opponents run the gamut from Alabama to Wofford. At least bowls try to put together a compelling matchup. If a team can't get its players to play, then what does that say about that team.

Wexahu

Yes but how else can you compare conferences? OOC opponents run the gamut from Alabama to Wofford. At least bowls try to put together a compelling matchup. If a team can't get its players to play, then what does that say about that team.
That they have more NFL bound players than most other teams?

I guess the best way to compare is just watch games. The OOC matchups early in the year and playoff games probably give the best indication. How many of their players go into the NFL probably gives the best indication of overall talent, but that’s not a perfect science I know, because the most talented teams aren’t always the best.

I know using bowl games isn’t a good barometer though, for obvious reasons.

Froginbedford

That they have more NFL bound players than most other teams?

I guess the best way to compare is just watch games. The OOC matchups early in the year and playoff games probably give the best indication. How many of their players go into the NFL probably gives the best indication of overall talent, but that’s not a perfect science I know, because the most talented teams aren’t always the best.

I know using bowl games isn’t a good barometer though, for obvious reasons.

So many have crowed on another site about Big 12's success, but have included in their claims of B12 prowess are games played by conference-mates-in-waiting....Today's conference members have a 6-2 bowl record....Cincinnati, Houston, BYU, Central Florida shouldn't be considered as B12 yet....Just an irritant, I know....

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Um, did you marry the lady that put her Winnebago on cruise control and went back to make a sandwich?
No. She did not bring a Winnebago as her dowry. Got a bunch of goats instead...

Actually, the B-2 had just overflown the Rose Parade, and was sailing past our hotel when she opened the curtains. My lovely and intelligent wife is known for her dry, arid sense of humor...