• The KillerFrogs

Garrett Riley to Clemson

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Clemson is not a lateral move. Don’t say that. Makes us sound delusional.

They can pay him more and it’s quite the resume builder for a guy who is going to be a HC very soon. Getting some mentorship from Dabo, coaching Klubnik, and regularly recruiting the Deep South are going to be huge benefits to whoever hires him away from Clemson.
Really? It's more a leap of faith.

What assurances are there that Clemson will be successful? Many things can happen, and not all of them are good. It may turn out that this move was a horrible one for Riley, and one that he will regret.

Vlade Davis

Ticket Exchange Pass
Really? It's more a leap of faith.

What assurances are there that Clemson will be successful? Many things can happen, and not all of them are good. It may turn out that this move was a horrible one for Riley, and one that he will regret.
For sure. And it may have turned out to be a horrible decision for him to stay at TCU. There are no assurances anywhere.

ADs will have a much easier time selling hiring a young guy from Clemson/Dabo than TCU/Dykes.

LisaLT

People saying Riley’s move to Clemson is only good if the Tigers are successful like that’s some novel or deep insight lmao
Well it might have a limited shelf life regardless. He wants a HC opportunity obviously and this is a very “safe” move as Clemson is at the top of the ACC each year. One or two years there and he’s jumping to a HC job in the SEC or Big10. Book it.

FrogBall09

Kliffy would be more in line for OC positions in the NFL or HC in college. As much as I would love seeing his cute Coach Bro ass on the sidelines, that’s never gonna happen.
Why would anyone hire him as a HC ever again? He has been a failure both times- I mean he got fired from Tech and he was a god there before taking the job

Regardless, Dykes and Co. have a lot to do to continue the trajectory of the program. Frogs need to at least finish 3rd in the Big 12 next year and no worse than 2nd every year after