• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Texas, Cockroach Edition? (Nov 11, 2023; 6:30PM)

Froggy Style

We don't have the horses.. everyone wants to blame this or that... But I'm telling you, we are dealing with an absolute "give up" in OL and DL recruiting the last 4 yrs. And without at least equivalence in OL and DL, there is nothing you can do.
I don't disagree that there was a give up in recruiting...and all around preparation. That said, Gillespie's schemes are criminal. Played agressive for a quarter, then back into prevent. Briles starting to climb the list of ridiculous schemes and play calls. Zero creativity on short yardage, we don't realize it because we rarely gain any yards.

Purple Hearted

Just bad. Stupid penalties, poor player decisions, a whole bunch of me and not a ton of team. Just yuck.

My first game memory (though I'd been to a few before) was UT 81, TCU 16 in the snow when I was 5 years old. I watched a ton of bad TCU football for a lot of years, but I still enjoyed watching those guys compete.
I've enjoyed pretty much every TCU season. Some more than others (04, 13 were tough to watch, like this year) but still enjoyed the experience overall, but it's been really, really hard to find much to enjoy with this group.
I do enjoy watching Emani Bailey, Obiazor.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I cannot properly express my hatred and loathing of the vomitous garbage that is our offense. I will not tear into Gillespie, for at this point he is doing a reasonable job, considering. The Whelp, on the other hand, has crafted a worthless and ineffective Game Plan (as usual), not taking advantage of our strengths, stumbling from error to error, and worst of all, crippling the instincts of Hoover and ruining what is a promising talent.

Fire this pathetic imbecile. Tonight. Preferably at halftime.

Froggy Style

Yeah people love to hate on Dykes and his staff but this is a multi year rebuild as far as lineman go.
Sorry, but I won't watch DB's sit 12 yards off of a WR so they can run 10 yard out routes and then blame linemen. That is coaching...and it happens 90% of the plays.