• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Texas, Cockroach Edition? (Nov 11, 2023; 6:30PM)

Chico Dusty

I want to say good job to the fans that stayed until the very end of the game. I couldn't believe how loud The Carter got even though it was only half full during the 4th quarter. We were so close to completing a comeback for the ages and so many quitters would have missed it. That's why I never leave a game early.

Amen. Never understood that. If you’re a fan, a true fan, you stay until the end - win or lose. It’s the unwritten contract

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
I want to say good job to the fans that stayed until the very end of the game. I couldn't believe how loud The Carter got even though it was only half full during the 4th quarter. We were so close to completing a comeback for the ages and so many quitters would have missed it. That's why I never leave a game early.
You must have learned this by being a Rangers fan. :)

CountryFrog

Amen. Never understood that. If you’re a fan, a true fan, you stay until the end - win or lose. It’s the unwritten contract
There's no contact. People pay really good money for their tickets and they're free to leave whenever they want.

What I will say though is that, given the fact people pay really good money for the tickets, it's certainly strange that there are so many who leave so early. It's like going to Disney world and paying the ridiculous prices for a 7 day ticket but each day you only spend the morning at the parks and then leave around lunch time or mid afternoon. You can certainly do that if you want but it seems like wasted money to me.

This is a very and most disagreeable loss because of these three facts—

1. Interception on first down with 51 seconds left in the first half gave Texas 7 points. Last year, TCU was 12-0 simply because Max and the offense didn’t turn the ball over and that continues to not be recognized enough; this year the ball is coughed up regularly.

2. Frogs 3rd and goal at the Texas 2 and didn’t score near the end of the 3rd quarter. Instead of running on 3rd, the Frogs try a difficult pass and fail, forcing to have to then try and complete a 4th down pass. It is crowded with bad angles in the end zone when two yards away, so run the ball on 3rd and 2 which also sets up better options on 4th if you don’t get in the end zone, sheesh.

3. Now have to live with the last Frogs/Horns rivalry game being a loss. This is the most disappointing fail of the season. A win would have rescued the 2023 season! The Frogs could have left this rivalry with a win over the mighty state flagship, for what will be years, maybe decades, having that in the back of the mind as each team goes their separate way. Now a loss hovers and permeates indefinitely, and that sucks. The Horns leave the Big 12 rivalry smiling, getting the last laugh. TCU will be wanting another game and now Texas will have no reason to play the Frogs again.

Last edited:

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
This is a very disagreeable loss because of these three facts—

1. Interception on first down with 51 seconds left in the first half gave Texas 7 points. Last year, TCU was 12-0 simply because Max and the offense didn’t turn the ball over and that continues to not be recognized enough; this year the ball is coughed up regularly.

2. Frogs 3rd and goal at the Texas 2 and didn’t score near the end of the 3rd quarter. Instead of running on 3rd, the Frogs try a difficult pass and fail, forcing to have to then try and complete a 4th down pass. It is crowded with bad angles in the end zone when two yards away, so run the ball on 3rd and 2 which also sets up better options on 4th if you don’t get in the end zone, sheesh.

3. Now have to live with the last Frogs/Horns rivalry game being a loss. This is the most disappointing fail of the season. A win would have rescued the 2023 season! The Frogs could have left this rivalry with a win over the mighty state flagship, for what will be years, maybe decades, having that in the back of the mind as each team goes their separate way. Now a loss hovers and permeates indefinitely, and that sucks. The Horns leave the Big 12 rivalry smiling, getting the last laugh. TCU will be wanting another game and now Texas will have no reason to play the Frogs again.
Texas also has to live with a below .500 B12 record against TCU for all eternity…

Last edited:

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
BU doable. OU, at Norman,not seeing it. This team played hard tonight, but not good enough to overcome all their penalties & mistakes.
Since 2000 TCU has never beaten a decent OU team. All the wins were down years for OU. Looking like we will be the second team in history to go from a NC appearance to a losing record. UT the other one…

Dogfrog

This is a very and most disagreeable loss because of these three facts—

1. Dugan edit: Duggan, senior, Hoover Freshman
2. Agree
3. Congrats Longhorns. 4 wins in 12 tries.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

I believe 2015 we were inches from beating OU in Norman too.
Yes and it was with basically our 2nd team offense out there due to tons of injuries. Baker Mayfield only played the first half which gave us a chance in the second half. We got it to 31-30 with under a minute left, went for two, had a receiver open in the end zone but the pass was batted down at the line. Hell of a game and also one of the coldest games I've ever been to. Wind chill had to be like 10 degrees that night. It was basically the Big 12 championship game in Norman.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Yes and it was with basically our 2nd team offense out there due to tons of injuries. Baker Mayfield only played the first half which gave us a chance in the second half. We got it to 31-30 with under a minute left, went for two, had a receiver open in the end zone but the pass was batted down at the line. Hell of a game and also one of the coldest games I've ever been to. Wind chill had to be like 10 degrees that night. It was basically the Big 12 championship game in Norman.
We went for 2 after our td in the 3rd qtr and failed. If we would have just kicked that damn extra point, we would have won the game.

CountryFrog

We went for 2 after our td in the 3rd qtr and failed. If we would have just kicked that damn extra point, we would have won the game.
You're right. I had forgotten about that. Damn. That was one of the bigger heart breaks of my Frog fandom for sure. But at the same time it was a hell of an effort considering all the injuries.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
You're right. I had forgotten about that. Damn. That was one of the bigger heart breaks of my Frog fandom for sure. But at the same time it was a hell of an effort considering all the injuries.
Yea that one hurt. I remember thinking how screwed we were going to be when we saw Boykin come out wearing sweats during pregame warm-ups. And then that wild second half comeback happened.

Pretty similar to last night's comeback when you look back at it.