• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU @ Purdue

dawg

He also held on in the pocket a little to long on 4-5 plays..More than a few of the sacks were on him..All things you can learn from

And he also didn’t panic and try to force a throw into an area the ball shouldn’t go. Dude looks like a coaches kid: “the only bad result of a play is if we don’t possess the ball at the end of it.”

FrogCop19

OK, I know it's popular to bash on the OC, but I really liked how they stuck with what was working tonight. They didn't try too many more of those crapy screen passes comet they just ran the damn ball down their throat. Well-called game tonight. Dropped passes cost us at least one TD, but that's not on Sonny.

**Edited to say what the hell is a "crapy screen passes comet"? Should read "crappy screen passes," I was on voice-to-text and it read the comma as "comet."

Last edited:

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Agreed. If he can learn when to put some air on those outside throws when Reagor has a step then that will be huge for the offense

I had the pleasure of attending the morning practice the day Andy Dalton was named the starting QB.

At practice, Andy was throwing howitzer-velocity passes. Marcus Jackson was lobbing wiffle balls.

Receivers were understandably confused.

Coaches: Choose a horse and ride on. Receivers will adjust accordingly.

Mean Purple

Coach P on post game:
Lot more ready to play than we were two weeks ago.
Any time you can go to somebody's house and get a win it is (good).
Still have some things to work on.
Told team SMU just went 3-0. We have to get back and get to work.
Keeping R Moore off was good.
Freshman corner did good stepping up. (I am paraphrasing folks.)

On SMU. They are playing good. Coach has them playing good. And we have to get ready and get to 3-0.

Again, lots of paraphrasing.
GP seemed pleased with the corrections and progress made since the last game.

Froggish

And he also didn’t panic and try to force a throw into an area the ball shouldn’t go. Dude looks like a coaches kid: “the only bad result of a play is if we don’t possess the ball at the end of it.”
Absolutely... those are probably tuck n run opportunities once his clock gets a little better

TX_Krötenechse

OK, I know it's popular to bash on the OC, but I really liked how they stuck with what was working tonight. They didn't try too many more of those crapy screen passes comet they just ran the damn ball down their throat. Well-called game tonight. Dropped passes cost us at least one TD, but that's not on Sonny.
Agreed, Sonny called a great game today. Really played to our strengths and kept with the hot hand.

netty2424

If I had to guess, GP ripped his throwing play sheet up at half.