• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU @ Purdue

yurintroubl

Agreed. If he can learn when to put some air on those outside throws when Reagor has a step then that will be huge for the offense

I think Duggan is waaaay ahead of most Freshman QBs when it comes to his grasp of the offense. He appears to be making good reads on most of his dropbacks... actually going through his progressions beyond the 1st 2 options.... NOT STARING DOWN HIS receivers and telegraphing opposing DBs where the ball is going... BUT - In his mind - He thinks he's not doing all that fast enough so he overcompensates when the ball leaves his hand (amplified further by it being his first road game/ vs. a P5 opponent and such). He just needs to calibrate a little bit.

I can't wait to see his arm talent synced up with his football IQ.

Moose Stuff

I think Duggan is waaaay ahead of most Freshman QBs when it comes to his grasp of the offense. He appears to be making good reads on most of his dropbacks... actually going through his progressions beyond the 1st 2 options.... NOT STARING DOWN HIS receivers and telegraphing opposing DBs where the ball is going... BUT - In his mind - He thinks he's not doing all that fast enough so he overcompensates when the ball leaves his hand (amplified further by it being his first road game/ vs. a P5 opponent and such). He just needs to calibrate a little bit.

The pass Davis dropped on the opening drive of the second half was a great job by Max.

TCUWIN

OK, I know it's popular to bash on the OC, but I really liked how they stuck with what was working tonight. They didn't try too many more of those crapy screen passes comet they just ran the damn ball down their throat. Well-called game tonight. Dropped passes cost us at least one TD, but that's not on Sonny.
Much better job in the second half. First half, they didn’t always stick to the run. One drive was 3 straight passes. And then a punt. Should help the passing game if our running game continues to look good.

Portland Frog

Much better job in the second half. First half, they didn’t always stick to the run. One drive was 3 straight passes. And then a punt. Should help the passing game if our running game continues to look good.

Indeed. And most of the runs that were called were up the gut, instead of off tackle or sweeps. Taking it to em.

yurintroubl

Man I luv it when we control both sides of the line of scrimmage.

I think this year's team has the potential to return to being Top 5 in the NCAA for punt coverage. Aussie Punter is legit and it's obvious the coverage guys are dialed in to his drop zone. We were REALLY close to averting a couple touchbacks in glorious circus-style fashion... Jones/Williams/Battle style. :D

ETA:

tcuhotpotato.gif

Last edited:

HFrog1999

I’m all in on Max.

I loved that block he threw. I like that kind of toughness in a QB

giphy.gif